Favorite "Fletch" quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite "Fletch" quotes

"Fletch" was on AMC yesterday, and no matter how many times I watch it I always cry laughing. What are some of your favorite quotes from "Fletch"?

"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. " Fletch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched it yesterday with the wife. It holds up well.

"I like men, and I like you Chief."
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

good ones

I like Fletch and Fletch Lives as well.

After being in prison in the original Fletch and being man handled by the Chiefs goons, Fletch says one of my favorites to the two very large men. "Hey, why don't you guys go to the Gym and pump each other"

Good Stuff.
      "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Oh, thank god.

The police.
        "I am not an atomic playboy."
        Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

While getting a rectal examination: Are you using your whole hand there, Doc?

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
            "I like men, and I like you Chief."
            To nitpick:

"I like men. I like to be manhandled. I like you, Chief." (followed by a wink and a blown kiss)

Of course, the entire movie is just one hilarious set of quotes from beginning to end.

Comment

How about when he gets into the car with the teenager who is stealing the car, and then ends up at the banquet for Fred Dorman, and then he disrupts the banquet. I also like when he is pretending to be the waiter, and asks the guy if he wants more coffee, and then gives him back the same cup and saucer. Then the other guy is just about to drink his water and Fletch takes it from him and gives it to the lady at the other table.

Teenager: Are you a cop?
              Fletch: As far as you know.
              Teenager: Are you gonna take me to jail for car theft?
              Fletch: Why? Did you steal the car?
              Teenager: I sure did.
              Fletch: Well, I'm not even sure that's a crime anymore. There've been a lot of changes in the law.

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
                To nitpick:

"I like men. I like to be manhandled. I like you, Chief." (followed by a wink and a blown kiss)

Of course, the entire movie is just one hilarious set of quotes from beginning to end.
                Nitpick away. I knew there was something else to the quote, just couldn't remember all of it. Did I get the rectal exam quote right?

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
                  Nitpick away. I knew there was something else to the quote, just couldn't remember all of it. Did I get the rectal exam quote right?
                  I believe it is: "are you using the whole hand", but it's been a couple years since I saw the movie.

Either way, great stuff. One of my all time favorite movies.

Comment

Moon River

How about this one....

Ever seen a spleen that large? Not since breakfast.

Can I borrow your towel, my car just hit a water buffalo.
                    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

" I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pull rank on you. I didn't want to have to do this. I'm with the Mattress Police. There are no tags on these mattresses." Fletch

"Get three coffins ready" The Man With No Name

Comment

You guys likely used up all the good lines already. But I liked Fletch enough to get it on dvd hehe
                        Life is change. Built models for decades.
                        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X