Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know of a very easy and cheap web page creator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know of a very easy and cheap web page creator?

I'm looking to build a web site, a very easy one to post images mainly,
    anybody know of a program thats good and easy to use?
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

I use "Web Easy" and I am not very computer Savy. It was easy to figure out. I make web pages and post them without too much trouble. It cost me about $35 if I recall.

Comment

Depending on where you put your site, you can use a CMS (Content Management System) such as Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc. which is essentially a framework of a website all ready to go upon install. Then you simply add content and never have to deal with code. Most good hosts will have a one-click install of these things so you literally can be up and running in minutes.

Now, having said that, each of these has quirks which makes them better/worse at some things depending on how well you can work with them. For instance adding a gallery for images may be more difficult. And they seldom come out of the box with everything you need - meaning you have to install plugins and whatnot.

The old school way of creating html pages on your computer with something like Dreamweaver or Frontpage is also an option, but seldom looks good unless you know exactly what you are doing.
      Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Do you have the web space and you need to make the pages, or do you need a whole hosting solution?

If you need whole hosting, you can go with Google Pages (http://pages.google.com)

My dad uses it and likes it - I've never used it though.
        "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
        - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
        - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
          The old school way of creating html pages on your computer with something like Dreamweaver or Frontpage is also an option, but seldom looks good unless you know exactly what you are doing.
          Notepad ftw.
          "I am not an atomic playboy."
          Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Find a local geek and enslave him.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
              Notepad ftw.
              Git I was going to suggest that, as thats what I used to do my HTML.
              Winnie says
              ---------------------------------
              "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
              Herr Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                Git I was going to suggest that, as thats what I used to do my HTML.
                Crimson Editor is much cooler than notepad, though -- I have done a good bit of ASP and PHP in that one.

I'm a sysadmin, though, so I'm more of a "street coder" than a professional programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
                  Crimson Editor is much cooler than notepad, though -- I have done a good bit of ASP and PHP in that one.

I'm a sysadmin, though, so I'm more of a "street coder" than a professional programmer.
                  Emacs is the best text editor ever. But I go well with Gedit as well. But then, we are talking about Linux. In Windows I would say... hmmmm... well... I only use Windows for playing games
                  Echo de menos mi isla.

Comment

My wife uses Homestead for our dogs website...haha

www.dellasplace.com

Neither of us is very web savy but I think we did ok for a couple of web hacks.
                    Publisher
                    Armchair General Magazine
                    Weider History Group

Comment

thanks for the help guys, i tried a couple but they didn't work well. I think i
                      may stick with frontpage 03, find a geek who knows it better than me to help
                      me out.
                      Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cheo View Post
                        Emacs is the best text editor ever. But I go well with Gedit as well. But then, we are talking about Linux. In Windows I would say... hmmmm... well... I only use Windows for playing games
                        For *nix I can speak enough vi to get by... emacs always seemed like overkill with keyboard shortcuts.

Also like pico/nano... though for some serious stuff I actually installed crimson editor under WINE for the heavy lifting.

Hm... also recall liking one called xinit or something like that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X