Vs. Poll - Al Pacino vs. Al Pacino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vs. Poll - Al Pacino vs. Al Pacino

I haven't done much serious stuff lately, I know. I guess the heat and humidity is making me crazy.

Here is a good topic, though.

A battle of the Dons! Who do you think would win a Mob War - one against the other.

Al Pacino as Don Corleone
    or
    Al Pacino as Tony Montana

The Godfather vs. Scarface!
    Don Michael Corleone
    84.21%
    Tony Montana
    15.79%
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Tony was an amateur when compared to Michael. "Do you renounce the Devil and all his works?"
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade would kick both of their butts!

"If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place!"
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

The Godfather all the way, no contest. Tony was too stupid and sucking his
        own coke, he would never know what hit him.
        Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Wrong match up. Michael wins the Don battle easily.

Should have put Tony Montana up against Lefty (Donnie Brasco). This would have been a closer match up.
          Last edited by Miss Saigon; 02 Aug 07, 10:57.

Comment

I picked Tony....Tony is more Raw, and emotional. He is impulsive and rash and gave Pacino a chance to really do some acting.....While Micheal Corleone is already a pro at what he does...with out all the anst.

I liked Pacino in both movies so it was a hard choice......

But that classic line sold me......."Say hello to my little friend!"
            Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
            In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
            Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Don Corleone, of course...wouldn't catch him sawing anyone with a chainsaw! A man that can influence others to do things they know are wrong is a powerful and enigmatic person indeed...anyone can snort a bunch of cocaine and fire an M16...

Comment

Originally posted by panzermacher View Post
                I picked Tony....Tony is more Raw, and emotional. He is impulsive and rash and gave Pacino a chance to really do some acting.....While Micheal Corleone is already a pro at what he does...with out all the anst.

I liked Pacino in both movies so it was a hard choice......

But that classic line sold me......."Say hello to my little friend!"
                Micheal Corleone had a couple things going for him, he could read people well, like his father, Vito, and he looked nothing like the kind of guy who stands up from his Spaghetti and shoots people in the face. Also, in the book they go into his being a decorated Marine Corps Captain (silver star and purple heart). He does however have an injury that has gotten him discharged for disablity (again, only in the book). Tony is in bull health, plus jacked up on dope, and unstable. He got the best of his enemys with audacious violence, and the professional gangster may not have time to prepare for a Tony Montana reaction. Tony also lacked the rational thought process, and wouldn't have worried about reprecussions from the mafia, but if Corleone won, he might have to deal with the South American Ninja Hippies that wasted Tony. Of course I went with Corleone, since Montana was only in Cuban Army, and Corleone was with the USMC!

For me is better than Superman vs. The Hulk, I got my copy of Godfather 1 & 2 when I was 10, and I still watch it too much....
                Last edited by Paul Mann III; 02 Aug 07, 11:23.
                "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by P.V. Mann III View Post
                  Of course I went with Corleone, since Montana was only in Cuban Army, and Corleone was with the USMC!

I would have pegged you as a Tony Montana man, seeing as he is more gritty

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
                    I would have pegged you as a Tony Montana man, seeing as he is more gritty
                    Nah, I'm very old-school when it comes to crime. We dislike the Tony Montanas and Virgil Solotzos of the world, and much like Vito Corleone we know that while the government will turn their back on somethings, they take others very seriously (like Firearms and Narcotics). Gambling, prostitution, moonshine, dogfights, bare-knuckle boxing, bootlegged cable/satallite, these things are much lower-profile. Drugs are bad.

"**** the ****, they lock you up forever." -Sammy "the Bull" Gravano on dealing Narcotics
                    Last edited by Paul Mann III; 02 Aug 07, 12:27.
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by P.V. Mann III View Post
                      Nah, I'm very old-school when it comes to crime.
                      Don't ever take someone else's side against the Family

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
                        Don't ever take someone else's side against the Family
                        And never let someone from outside the family know what you're thinking.
                        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X