Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

86, 87, 89, 90 supposed to be more tomorrow

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 86, 87, 89, 90 supposed to be more tomorrow

    Dang we seem to have just gone over budget for heat waves this summer, and it's still as I type July.

    Not helping as I watch the heat climb and show no sign of lowering.

    Upside is I don't appear to suffer migraines in heat waves (there's always a silver lining, but this one looks more grey than silver).

    Yes I know, it sounds like whining to constantly bring up the heat

    I want the fall. I have plans to work on some models (which I sure ain't doing in here in this heat eh). Heck I have plans to do almost anything which seems to much of a burden in the heat.

    Ya know, I used to do close order in 100 degree sun. I used to deliver furniture in 80 degree heat and killer humidity.
    How the hell did I do it? Or was being young what made the difference?
    My son doesn't seem bothered by it as much (doesn't complain at least).

    My sympathies for all you guys that have to work out there in this stuff.

    I might have to rethink my beliefs for next summer and possibly crack and get an A/C unit. But I consider that defeat.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Aries View Post
    Dang we seem to have just gone over budget for heat waves this summer, and it's still as I type July.

    Not helping as I watch the heat climb and show no sign of lowering.

    Upside is I don't appear to suffer migraines in heat waves (there's always a silver lining, but this one looks more grey than silver).

    Yes I know, it sounds like whining to constantly bring up the heat

    I want the fall. I have plans to work on some models (which I sure ain't doing in here in this heat eh). Heck I have plans to do almost anything which seems to much of a burden in the heat.

    Ya know, I used to do close order in 100 degree sun. I used to deliver furniture in 80 degree heat and killer humidity.
    How the hell did I do it? Or was being young what made the difference?
    My son doesn't seem bothered by it as much (doesn't complain at least).

    My sympathies for all you guys that have to work out there in this stuff.

    I might have to rethink my beliefs for next summer and possibly crack and get an A/C unit. But I consider that defeat.
    Sounds like you need to talk to the Doctor, he will debunk your false stats. on Global Warming. It isn't happening your just having another less than cool summer, again!

    HP
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
      Sounds like you need to talk to the Doctor, he will debunk your false stats. on Global Warming. It isn't happening your just having another less than cool summer, again!

      HP
      For starters, the idea that global warming isn't happening, isn't always about blaming humans And thus, the Doctor really can't just say "oh there is no proof humanity is at fault" and magically it isn't hot any more hehe.

      Fact, the glaciers are melting, dispute that the glaciers are not melting for instance.

      Fact, the weather IS getting nastier, disprove that our climate hasn't been rougher in recent time.

      Anyway. I am posting today in this post mostly to say I lost the fight. It's too hot, just too frigging hot. So I crumpled and bought an A/C unit for the house. Not the mega unit I wanted, but, the trouble is, what I wanted wouldn't fit in the window (even if I was willing to pay out the higher price tag). So I got a lesser powered unit. 6000 btu and able to deal with 200sqft (my place is 600) Pity I saw a nice machine that could suck the heat out of 650 too. The plan is to cool the hottest room (my hobby room) and just push the cool air out into the rest of the place and tear the heart out of the heat in the place. If it goes from nasty to just a bit warm, everything will be ok. I can live with a bit warm, it's the "nasty" heat that defeated me.

      The good part, I don't have to worry about my running an A/C unit, after all, the Doctor has already proved the weather isn't our fault
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

      Comment


      • #4
        It was about 98 here today and humid...Feels like I am back in the tropics!
        Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
        In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
        Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

        Comment


        • #5
          With the monsoon season in full force here in Gallup,we have been enjoying temps in the 80's for highs and lows in the 50's.This is when the high desert is really enjoyable.
          If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

          Comment


          • #6
            Amazing what humidity can do.

            Sitting here in my hobby room (where the A/C is) and the air in here reads 80 degrees. It actually feels "cool" though. But I am sure if it was 80 degrees and outside, it would suck big time and be uncomfortable.
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

            Comment


            • #7
              August in Dallas and we've yet to crack 100 F...We've had so much rain this spring and summer that we've made up for several years of drought...

              Totally meaningless when trying to assess climatological patterns...The oceans have actually been cooling since 2003...The Earth is always warming and cooling. The climate is cyclical...For the past twenty years or so, enviro-marxist terrorists like Al Gore have been using the Earth's natural climatological patterns to terrorize the general public in the same manner that a 19th century astronomer could terrorize aboriginal peoples by claiming to have caused solar eclipses.
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

              Comment


              • #8
                It's been in the 90's for a week . . .

                and they are forecasting another week before we see much change.

                So I treat that as a perfect excuse to hide at the computer and enjoy the A/C and ACG.
                Last edited by GCoyote; 02 Aug 07, 23:23. Reason: there's no "it" in "I"
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

                Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

                Comment


                • #9
                  "enviro-marxist terrorists"


                  Heheheheheh such an idiotic term actually sucks the IQ right out of your post Doctor hehe.

                  Marxist, just because it doesn't savvy with an americanocentric viewpoint doesn't make it "marxist".

                  Mentioning terrorist in the term is actually insulting to those that have lost loved ones to real terrorists.

                  As for the oceans cooling since 2003, hmm guess that explains why the hurricanes have been stronger eh, as we all know, hurricanes feed off of colder water. Also, cold water is good for melting ice too apparently.

                  I'm happy you haven't exceeded 100F I suppose. We have been meeting some records around here though.
                  This "cyclical weather" I wonder, when was the last time humanity was around when we had no glaciers anywhere? I mean you know, when, when was it that there were NO glaciers, ANYwhere? Because, it appears our planet is losing ALL of it's alpine glaciers.
                  I wonder, if the Himalayas went ice free, and the rivers the glaciers there dried up, would that not be "interesting". What about the glaciers in South America that feed the rivers that provide water for all the people there?
                  Will it be ok to tell them "hey, don't sweat it, it's cyclical".
                  Life is change. Built models for decades.
                  Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                  I didn't for a long time either.

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Aries View Post
                      "enviro-marxist terrorists"


                      Heheheheheh such an idiotic term actually sucks the IQ right out of your post Doctor hehe.

                      Marxist, just because it doesn't savvy with an americanocentric viewpoint doesn't make it "marxist".

                      Mentioning terrorist in the term is actually insulting to those that have lost loved ones to real terrorists.

                      As for the oceans cooling since 2003, hmm guess that explains why the hurricanes have been stronger eh, as we all know, hurricanes feed off of colder water. Also, cold water is good for melting ice too apparently.

                      I'm happy you haven't exceeded 100F I suppose. We have been meeting some records around here though.
                      This "cyclical weather" I wonder, when was the last time humanity was around when we had no glaciers anywhere? I mean you know, when, when was it that there were NO glaciers, ANYwhere? Because, it appears our planet is losing ALL of it's alpine glaciers.
                      I wonder, if the Himalayas went ice free, and the rivers the glaciers there dried up, would that not be "interesting". What about the glaciers in South America that feed the rivers that provide water for all the people there?
                      Will it be ok to tell them "hey, don't sweat it, it's cyclical".
                      Some alpine glaciers are retreating and some are growing...They always have been and always will be. Most alpine glaciers were smaller during the time of the Roman Empire than they are now. They expanded from the 1300s through the 1860s. Most have been retreating since then.

                      However...Norway's glaciers have been growing since the 1990s. All of New Zealand's glaciers have expanded over the past year...Some have been expanding for several years. All seven glaciers on Mount Shasta have been growing...Three of them have tripled in size since the 1950s.

                      Glaciers - both continental and alpine - are always expanding or contracting.

                      Mankind could stop all anthropogenic CO2 emissions tomorrow and it would not affect the climate in any meaningful way. Why not? Because: 1) Atmospheric CO2 concentrations have never had any significant effect on the Earth's temperature at any time over the past 600 million years. 2) Anthropogenic CO2 emissions only account for about 1% to 3% of the Earth's total carbon budget and CO2 only accounts for about 20% of the Earth's greenhouse effect.

                      The greenhouse effect does not dictate the Earth's average temperature. It never has and it never will. What it does do, is to keep the temperate latitudes temperate. Without the greenhouse effect, only the tropics would be habitable.

                      There are only a few reasons why any scientists would claim otherwise. 1) They are trying to gin-up research grants. 2) They are so focused on proving their pet theories that they develop tunnel vision. 3) They are enviro-marxist terrorists.

                      Mann and his Hockey Stick is a prime example of reasons 1 and 2. Al Gore is a perfect example of number 3.
                      Last edited by The Doctor; 03 Aug 07, 08:06.
                      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Doc you simply can't hide behind your Al Gore hatred and expect to always come out on top.

                        You mention a couple of pathetic glaciers that grew a little, and actually expect to ignore the massive glaciers that have almost utterly disappeared, and honestly expect to declare "so there I win".

                        When you stop to consider sum totals of all glacier growth, measured against sum totals of all glacier loss, your argument goes down in flames for the lousy argument it is.

                        And at this time, I don't give a damn if humanity had nothing to do with it. What is the plan of action when some of our major cities are left without water for the first time in their history? Are you advocating telling them "oh well, we got some ice growth over here at least".

                        You need a hockey stick upside the head right now
                        Life is change. Built models for decades.
                        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                        I didn't for a long time either.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Meanwhile, dang, zero humidity (inside my hobby room right now), well seems like zero humidity, I realize it isn't actually zero sure makes an equal amount of temperature seem a lot cooler.

                          It's actually cold in here (man I'm loving it). I like the feeling of "dry".

                          I also like having my #^%&^%&$^# chocolate not melt while just sitting on my desk hehe.
                          Life is change. Built models for decades.
                          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                          I didn't for a long time either.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                            and they are forecasting another week before we see much change.

                            So I treat that as a perfect excuse to hide at the computer and enjoy the A/C and ACG.
                            I love it when every post in a thread rings dismal, then some one comes along with an optimistic thought.

                            Refreshing as a cool autumn evening breeze.

                            Thanks GCoyote.
                            ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                            ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ya win some ya lose some.

                              In my hobby room the conditions are now VERY favourable to sitting at the computer with a clear head not swimming from the heat.

                              But sadly, my model hobby table is right in front of a near arctic blast of frozen air as it heads for the living room hehe.

                              Currently planning to adjust my current hobby location needs for models hehe.
                              Life is change. Built models for decades.
                              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                              I didn't for a long time either.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X