Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian Army's new recruitment drive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Army's new recruitment drive.

THE army has spent more than $500,000 of taxpayers' money to build a hot rod to attract recruits.

Link!
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
    Bukowski

.... thats it? i would have thought it would have Lara Bingle making a recruitment add ..... but obviously not and is it me or does the hotrod look like a s***box on wheels?
    "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
    - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

Originally posted by PiNpOiNt99 View Post
      .... thats it? i would have thought it would have Lara Bingle making a recruitment add ..... but obviously not and is it me or does the hotrod look like a s***box on wheels?
      They tried another recruitment drive but it died before it started!

THE Department of Defence has scrapped recruitment advertisements criticised for their alluring content.

Defence spokesman Brigadier Andrew Nikolic said the military received complaints about the cartoons and recognised that sections of the community found some of the material inappropriate.

"As a result the chief of the defence force directed last Wednesday that the material be removed," he said on Southern Cross radio.

In one of the advertisements for the Royal Australian Army Dental Corps, the modern woman digger is depicted as a buxom , full-lipped wonderwoman wearing a tight-fitting white nursing outfit.

The posters, approved by the office of Chief of Army Lieutenant General Peter Leahy, included images of a uniformed brunette stirring a pot as a cook; wielding a large spanner as an engineer; singing up a storm with the army band and striding across the helicopter tarmac in a skin-tight flying suit.

The cartoon heroine fairly bursts out of her white medical gear in the Dental Corps poster.
      "We want you" is the message scrawled across the posters in Indiana Jones script.
      Unfortunately, many women in the military did not believe the "you" as depicted even existed and believed the posters sent inappropriate signals.
      One senior air force officer was appalled by the portrayal.
      "I think they are woeful and say a lot about how army males see the world," she said.
      "They surely couldn't work and we wouldn't necessarily want the type of women attracted by the posters.
      "I hope the RAAF doesn't go the same way."
      The sexy Digger's male comrade is a chiselled-jawed man in skin-tight overalls.

Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
      Bukowski

Comment

Never judge a book by its cover.
        Appearances can be deceiving.

SickPup, is that hillbilly armor?
        What does it have under the hood?

"Beach Boys" song lyrics
        Little Deuce Coupe

Little deuce coupe
        You dont know what I got

Just a little deuce coupe with a flat head mill
        But shell walk a thunderbird like (shes) its standin still
        Shes ported and relieved and shes stroked and bored.
        Shell do a hundred and forty with the top end floored
        Shes my little deuce coupe
        You dont know what I got

Comment

Recruitment papers will be sent to you personally SkypilotUU... but you have to swim to Australia to get the uniforms!
          Ernest Hemingway.

Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by achtung baby View Post
            They tried another recruitment drive but it died before it started!

THE Department of Defence has scrapped recruitment advertisements criticised for their alluring content.

Defence spokesman Brigadier Andrew Nikolic said the military received complaints about the cartoons and recognised that sections of the community found some of the material inappropriate.

"As a result the chief of the defence force directed last Wednesday that the material be removed," he said on Southern Cross radio.

In one of the advertisements for the Royal Australian Army Dental Corps, the modern woman digger is depicted as a buxom , full-lipped wonderwoman wearing a tight-fitting white nursing outfit.

The posters, approved by the office of Chief of Army Lieutenant General Peter Leahy, included images of a uniformed brunette stirring a pot as a cook; wielding a large spanner as an engineer; singing up a storm with the army band and striding across the helicopter tarmac in a skin-tight flying suit.

The cartoon heroine fairly bursts out of her white medical gear in the Dental Corps poster.
            "We want you" is the message scrawled across the posters in Indiana Jones script.
            Unfortunately, many women in the military did not believe the "you" as depicted even existed and believed the posters sent inappropriate signals.
            One senior air force officer was appalled by the portrayal.
            "I think they are woeful and say a lot about how army males see the world," she said.
            "They surely couldn't work and we wouldn't necessarily want the type of women attracted by the posters.
            "I hope the RAAF doesn't go the same way."
            The sexy Digger's male comrade is a chiselled-jawed man in skin-tight overalls.

So this what Channel nine has been complaining ehhh bloody polotics I like it but I am a Male as the post referred to
            http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

Recruitment papers will be sent to you personally SkypilotUU... but you have to swim to Australia to get the uniforms!
              Thats to easy he is becoming a Member of the Aussie army he should swim to Australia and pull a super tanker with his teeth while doing it thats what we want in our army
              http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

THE army has spent more than $500,000 of taxpayers' money to build a hot rod to attract recruits.

Link!
                That's it???? Swampwolf will raise a regiment!!
                My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Off Topic Spy Wars thread

Originally posted by trebuchet View Post
                  What are you smoking? F-18's are not stealthy. Surely you don't think real contrails can be switched on and off?
                  Footnotes

[1]
                  OT Suburban Sprawl is killing that thread

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung baby View Post
                    Where do I sign up
                    Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

thought you said hot dogs , AB, had my mustard sauce ready and everything...!!!!!!!!!...curses...

Comment

Since when was Laura Croft in the Australian Army?

Comment

Originally posted by PiNpOiNt99 View Post
                          Yes. It's a Landrover therefore it is definitely a s***box.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkane View Post
                            Where do I sign up
                            I second that. HUZZZZAH
                            A good woodchipper solves a lot of problems. All hail Doctor Sinister

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X