Family Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Milestone

Today Heidi and I are writing our last mortgage payment. Twenty years of similar checks behind us. Now the house, lock stock and barrel, belongs to us.
    Well, and of course the freakin' bears.
    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Congrats, Paul! Now you truly are a, 'homeowner'.

Love. Where does it come from?
    from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
      Today Heidi and I are writing our last mortgage payment. Twenty years of similar checks behind us. Now the house, lock stock and barrel, belongs to us.
      Now...you need to have your kids pay you, than you'll be set!
      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Sounds like it's Mortgage Burning party time!!!!!
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Have a dance with your Heidi. Some great music for the occassion

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/happydays.htm

HP
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

You can sell bear sight seeing tours now and it will be nearly 100% profit
            As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
            Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

What a great accomplishment. Congratulations on your financial discpline to realize this great achievement. Now your home is truly your castle!
              Publisher
              Armchair General Magazine
              Weider History Group

Comment

Nice you could do it in 20 yrs, ours is 30. Not to rain on your parade but
                you never ever really own it, property tax will always be there.

Anyway thats a great acheviement my friend, now time to retire??
                Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Hate to be the cynic here, but don't pay your property taxes and then find out how much you actually own. You may find the bears to be more friendly

Congratulations. It will be a long time until I have the excuse for the same party. And no bears here. The occasional Armadillo though. They are cute too but only bother the flower beds

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                    Nice you could do it in 20 yrs, ours is 30. Not to rain on your parade but
                    you never ever really own it, property tax will always be there.

Anyway thats a great acheviement my friend, now time to retire??
                    Next year. He's old enough. What are you Paul, 78?
                    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Congrats I stil got a while before that....
                      Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
                      In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
                      Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Congrats. Now you can sell it, and use the money from selling the house to make a down payment on a BIGGER one!!!

Hey, what's 20 more years?
                        "I am not an atomic playboy."
                        Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Thanks all. Now here's the funny part.
                          (there's always a funny part)
                          Following Bavarian/Austrian tradition we ordered an ornate sign last month that reads Unser in heavy Gothic lettering(German for Ours).
                          The sign was ready last week and we jumped the gun and put it up early.
                          While cutting grass Sunday I had two people I don't even know, stop along the road and ask if I was any relation to Bobby, (they were dead serious) and this morning I was on the phone from New York to my wife and she said a little boy came to the door and asked, "Mrs.Unser, would you like to buy candy to support the Little League."
                          ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                          ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
                            Congrats. Now you can sell it, and use the money from selling the house to make a down payment on a BIGGER one!!!

Hey, what's 20 more years?
                            Housing boom has busted. It's a buyers market. Cyberia might make you a deal on his "petting Zoo"

HP
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Congratulations!! This month I make the first payment on my new place, only 25 more years and I will be celebrating as well!!

Wolster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X