Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good advice for the media and Hollywood here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good advice for the media and Hollywood here.

I found some great advice for the media and Hollywood stars the other day. Check it out on the attachment below.

Here's why I have a problem with the media. I have noticed a growing trend with the news anchors. They talk about things as if they are the authorities on that subject when things they say show they have no clue what they are talking about. For instance, the other night I was watching a news cast about a major fire. The news anchors kept saying things about "the oxygen tanks on the firefighters' backs." Well here's a news flash for those morons, OXYGEN IS HIGHLY FLAMMABLE AND EXPLODES WHEN EXPOSED TO HIGH HEAT! I should know, I am a firefighter, and that tank I wear has fresh air in it, not oxygen. I've noticed other "inaccuracies" also in their reporting of fires and other emergencies so this leads me to believe that their reporting on the war in Iraq is just as faulty and inaccurate. I do not believe they tell the whole story, I believe they only tell what they think will pull the heart strings and sound most dramatic and scarey. So screw the media. Learn what you're reporting on or don't even bother. All they do is insult our intelligence when they report [email protected]$$ed like that. I won't even start about those Hollywood stars that are all of a sudden political geniuses and war experts. They are soooo much smarter than all of us peon simpletons huh. Anyway, enough on my little rant about the stupidity of modern media, just had to get that off of my chest. Whew, now I feel better. I'm sure I'll get ripped for this one, but oh well, won't be the first time.
    It's my firm conviction that when Uncle Sam calls, by God we go, and we do the best that we can. - R. Lee Ermey

Your right!

Consider yourself ripped!

This thread may remain.

The other thread containing the attachment has been deleted.

It goes well beyond PG 13 & was posted with no warning.

ACG Staff
    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by 6thInf grandson View Post
      I do not believe they tell the whole story
      NOOOOOO

I won't even start about those Hollywood stars that are all of a sudden political geniuses and war experts.
      No no no. Not all of the sudden. they have been experts for some time now.

enough on my little rant about the stupidity of modern media,
      And this is new?

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
        Your right!

Consider yourself ripped!

This thread may remain.

The other thread containing the attachment has been deleted.

It goes well beyond PG 13 & was posted with no warning.

ACG Staff
        Sorry about that Admiral. Had a moment of bad judgement.

But, I do have one question. how come I put up a picture that has three bad words on it and it gets scrubbed, yet I have seen many postings on here with more dirty words than that poster had and nothing done about it? Just wondering.
        Last edited by 6thInf grandson; 29 Jul 07, 22:32.
        It's my firm conviction that when Uncle Sam calls, by God we go, and we do the best that we can. - R. Lee Ermey

Comment

RANT WARNING!

Honestly I'm getting sick of ALL the media at the moment from there portrayals of the Iraq war to all the freaking hollywood BS new... I DONT CARE IF PARIS HILTON IS GOING TO JAIL OR THAT SHE SOLD HERSELF TO GET OUT FOR A DAY!!!!............... It's a joke nowadays (maybe always) that it's bout the money they get and the view they put out "Hey lefties..... i got a war for you protest about" or if they're not doing that they're at each others throats trying to get the only survivors of a plane crash or the survivors of the mine that collapsed a year or two ago in tassi's interview....... only time i watch the news is the sports segments to see how my teams went it's becoming that bad.

Well i could go on but i think this should be enough for you guys too see how utterly annoyed at the current media i am.
          "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
          - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

Originally posted by PiNpOiNt99 View Post
            RANT WARNING!

Honestly I'm getting sick of ALL the media at the moment from there portrayals of the Iraq war to all the freaking hollywood BS new... I DONT CARE IF PARIS HILTON IS GOING TO JAIL OR THAT SHE SOLD HERSELF TO GET OUT FOR A DAY!!!!............... It's a joke nowadays (maybe always) that it's bout the money they get and the view they put out "Hey lefties..... i got a war for you protest about" or if they're not doing that they're at each others throats trying to get the only survivors of a plane crash or the survivors of the mine that collapsed a year or two ago in tassi's interview....... only time i watch the news is the sports segments to see how my teams went it's becoming that bad.

Well i could go on but i think this should be enough for you guys too see how utterly annoyed at the current media i am.
            Crap, I don't even chance the sports anymore. All they ever talk about is that cheater Bonds anymore. I've never been a basketball fan, NFL sucks, I only care about college football, and baseball is on it's way to being a piece of crap too. Nothing lasts anymore does it?

Comment

Originally posted by 6thInf grandson View Post
              Nothing lasts anymore does it?
              Well if the stories is 5 minutes old it's too old it seems for the media these days i mean why don't we hear anything about whats happening to the pakistanis after the massive quake? why is ALL the news negative? why is the views always very left (libbies) or very right (pubbies) and know view from both perspectives taken? either way the media is a thorn in modern society and some of the stories lately (one in particular) has me skipping TV for a while.
              "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
              - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

...and we'll be right back, after this comercial break!

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by PiNpOiNt99 View Post
                  RANT WARNING!

Honestly I'm getting sick of ALL the media at the moment from there portrayals of the Iraq war to all the freaking hollywood BS new... I DONT CARE IF PARIS HILTON IS GOING TO JAIL OR THAT SHE SOLD HERSELF TO GET OUT FOR A DAY.
                  No No No. Paris is old news. Lindsey Lohan is the breaking news now. Or then, depending on how up to date you have to be.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X