Saw the Simpsons movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw the Simpsons movie

I saw the Simpson's movie on Friday and I thought it was hilarious especially the beginning of the movie. Did anybody else go see it?
    Last edited by No_Nickname; 29 Jul 07, 13:03.
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Saw it today with my family ( wife, son 10, daughter 9, son 9 twins) Loved it, have been a Simpsons fan for a long time, After the movie I was told I was the only person laughing at times, which is what I enjoy so much about this show. It works on so many different levels

Comment

Sorry guys, but I loathe the Simpsons.

It's ok though if you wish the atypical American dad to be symbolized as Homer, and the atypical American youth to be symbolized as Bart

Personally I find most of the current mature theme North American cartoon scene to be focused on how useless it is to be Americans somehow hehe.

I'd rather laugh at my anime instead
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Nothing.....Not Even The Simpsons

Beats a Good Roadrunner Cartoon.

Comment

SOOO tired of the Simpsons now. Futurama is much better.
          The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
          Sideshow Bob.

Comment

It was in my opinion rather good, but people will go to see the film with unrealistic expectations

Comment

I haven't watched the Simpsons on TV in years, but I loved the movie. You could tell they really brought back a lot of the old people from the show.
              “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
                Sorry guys, but I loathe the Simpsons.

It's ok though if you wish the atypical American dad to be symbolized as Homer, and the atypical American youth to be symbolized as Bart

Personally I find most of the current mature theme North American cartoon scene to be focused on how useless it is to be Americans somehow hehe.

I'd rather laugh at my anime instead
                Spoken like someone who truly misses the point of satire.
                “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
                  Spoken like someone who truly misses the point of satire.
                  Oh I know and understand satire, but some jokes just ain't funny, and some jokes just ain't funny the 100th time either.

Personally I am amused at what some nations have as iconic representations of themselves.

Here in Canada we have Bob and Doug Mackenzie, Mounties, and Celine Dion. To some extent we also have those dreadful Trailer Park guys too. We also have Rick Mercer. Not always entirely complimentary, but easily better than Homer the loser and Bart the underachiever.

Maybe I just can't understand how a nation can enjoy having the arch type of the American father represented by Homer, and the atypical US kid represented by Bart. Is it any wonder why the world often laughs AT the US hehe.

Comment

Not the best film I've seen this year (the film 'Hot Fuzz' beats it by a country mile) but it was very funny in a number of scenes.

Worth seeing if you've ever liked the Simpsons TV show.

ps, The film to avoid if you are over 15 and have more than 2 working brain cells is 'The Transformers'. went to see it last night..... my brain cells are still annoyed with me today

Comment

Originally posted by redcoat View Post
                      Not the best film I've seen this year (the film 'Hot Fuzz' beats it by a country mile) but it was very funny in a number of scenes.

Worth seeing if you've ever liked the Simpsons TV show.

ps, The film to avoid if you are over 15 and have more than 2 working brain cells is 'The Transformers'. went to see it last night..... my brain cells are still annoyed with me today
                      Anyone that could accept even if marginally, The Simpsons, and yet slag off the Transformers, might have brain cells, but doesn't have any taste

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                        It was in my opinion rather good, but people will go to see the film with unrealistic expectations
                        I am an avid Simpson fan, and did indeed have what I thought would be unrealistic expecations. I however couldnt be more staisfied with the moive. It was hillarious, but at the same time managed to make alot more sense than the average braindead blockbuster.
                        It was also nice to see that they went that extra step with every character, getting serious as well as not holding anything back.

"Spider Pig" aka "Plopper" FTW!

"The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Oh I know and understand satire, but some jokes just ain't funny, and some jokes just ain't funny the 100th time either.

Personally I am amused at what some nations have as iconic representations of themselves.

Here in Canada we have Bob and Doug Mackenzie, Mounties, and Celine Dion. To some extent we also have those dreadful Trailer Park guys too. We also have Rick Mercer. Not always entirely complimentary, but easily better than Homer the loser and Bart the underachiever.

Maybe I just can't understand how a nation can enjoy having the arch type of the American father represented by Homer, and the atypical US kid represented by Bart. Is it any wonder why the world often laughs AT the US hehe.
                          Nothing like continuing to make my point for me.

Comment

Originally posted by redcoat View Post

Hot Fuzz was awesome.

Comment

If the world actually thinks that Homer represents us, then so be it. Interesting if this is really a point. I know Monty Python has been quite successful in Britian, not the most flattering view of their society. The reruns have made big money here because "We get it". Check out Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy. HUGE in the southern region as well as the entire country.

The acceptance of Historical, Political, Social satire within a nation shows a confidence in the society that I enjoy. Good luck with the ones you have in Canada.
                              My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X