Bottled water, it's fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottled water, it's fake

Guess what people, if you bought Aqua Fina, Pepsi sold you tap water that is just basically additionally filtered, it ain't spring water or mountain stream water.

If you bought bottled water, you basically are being conned.

Just saw this on the news too, this isn't something I am making up.

You yuppies might as well join me in drinking public tap water through a Brita filter jug, because really, you already are, I am merely getting it for free.

It's all in the manner of labelling. It's the same from Pepsi's competition, it's just that Pepsi has taken the kick in the nads for the industry.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Originally posted by Aries View Post
    Guess what people, if you bought Aqua Fina, Pepsi sold you tap water that is just basically additionally filtered, it ain't spring water or mountain stream water.

If you bought bottled water, you basically are being conned.

Just saw this on the news too, this isn't something I am making up.

You yuppies might as well join me in drinking public tap water through a Brita filter jug, because really, you already are, I am merely getting it for free.

It's all in the manner of labelling. It's the same from Pepsi's competition, it's just that Pepsi has taken the kick in the nads for the industry.
    Actually, that story has been out for years now. Penn & Teller(not kidding, Penn & Teller) did a whole half hour on that about four years ago on their cable show BullSh!t.
    Any bottled water that lists Municipal Source on its label is basically tap water.
    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
      Any bottled water that lists Municipal Source on its label is basically tap water.
      I'm surprised this is even news - that would just be common sense to me.

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post

Dr. S.
        Never underestimate the uneducated consumer.
        i.e: extended warranties and lottery tickets
        ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
          Never underestimate the uneducated consumer.
          i.e: extended warranties and lottery tickets
          Never underestimate the power of money, and the desire of the foolish to waste it either.

I have a Brita filter jug. I use it to store tap water and it basically gets a last gasp filtering in the process I suppose. But I don't switch the darn filters all that often though. I suppose those filters need replacing no faster than ink cartridges do hehe.

But it has been my notice lately, that Crystal Lite (or cheap imitations too) powder drink crystals added to water make for a much nicer beverage than all the way too much sugar pop I have drank too long. And those crystals seem to taste just fine in tap water if it's cold hehe.

Some where along the way, I am finding this a bit comical though, because bottled water seems to be such a yuppie thing. I have always thought bottled water was only a necessity in nations with poor infrastructure and and bad drinking water processing capacity.

Comment

Evian spelled backwards is...

NAIVE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
              Evian spelled backwards is...

NAIVE!!!
              Trident-Which is a chewing gun "recommended" by dentists, is Latin for Three Teeth.

Not much of sales pitch in my book.
              ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

You Guys Come To Garland Where I Live Here in Texas & Drink My Tap Water

And then drink a Bottle of Dasani (or) Aquafina Bottled water & THEN you tell me that all I am drinking is Tap Water.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
                  And then drink a Bottle of Dasani (or) Aquafina Bottled water & THEN you tell me that all I am drinking is Tap Water.
                  OK, pick us up in the limo.
                  ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
                    Are you saying that Texans are used to being provided with crummy municipal water services?

Comment

• If my wife and kids like bottled Niagara water, they shall have it.
                      • I'm not particular to particulates. I can drink wrung out liquid, from an unwashed hippies tie-dyed t-shirt.
                      • I always get extended warranties on computers, washers, dryers, dish washers etc.
                      • I play the California lottery.
                      • I throw change in wishing wells and ponds.
                      • All this stuff seems fine to me.
                      Last edited by Slug; 28 Jul 07, 19:31.
                      "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post

Dr. S.
                        Yeah, ditto! However, IIRC the article stated that Pepsi was misleading the public by having a picture of mountain glaciers on the bottle and only listing the water source as "P.W.S." which stands for Public Water System. Now Pepsi will state on the bottle that the water comes from the Public Water System.
                        All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

Aqua Fina from Pepsi and Desani from Coca-Cola was never claimed to be nothing more than "bottled purified water". It is the consumer's fault if he just assumed it was "spring water". I have been challenging people for years on how they concluded it was spring water, it certainly does not say so anywhere on their labels. Evian is the one that is labeled as spring water, perhaps people were confused.

And that "additional filtering" is not as cheap a process as some may have assumed. You can buy a case of 36 bottles of Aqua Fina for $3.99 at Costco. That breaks down to about $.11 a bottle, and $.05 of that is CRV which a consumer can get refunded for when he brings the bottles back to a recycler. Pepsi has to pay for the water, filter it, bottle and label it, box it, warehouse it, and distribute it to places like Costco at a wholesale price that allows them to make a profit. There is also the costs of building and maintaining the filtering, bottling, labeling, and boxing equipment, machines, and facilities which are subject to the FDA, US Department of Health, and slews of other agencies like US Weights & Measures. Lets not forget all the workers that must also be paid.

I am in no way defending Pepsi, but is just attempting to show another perspective since I do know a few things about water and filtration. It never ceases to amaze me how many us consumers blame so much on others for our own cravings and insecurities.

I drink bottled water because I've seen the crud that comes out of faucet and the black mold inside my pipes. I drink bottled water because I refuse to drink from a water fountain covered with bird droppings. I drink bottled water because I've seen bums washing their face and hair in the public water fountain. I drink bottled water because I am unsure of who or what has licked the drinking spout. I drink bottled water because I am not sure what taste or smell that resturant is trying to hide with that slice of lemon; why do they not offer a slice of lemon when you order bottled water?

Aries, I am glad you use a Brita. But may I suggest that you invest in a reverse-osmosis filter, that cartridge in the Brita is really nothing more than a mechanical trap and a block of extruded carbon. Don't bother with a deioniser, the water will taste terrible and you risk getting sick if there was any residue acids leftover from the activation process of the resins.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

We have the best municipal drinking water in the US here in Kansas City.

Just one more good reason to live in the midwest...

Comment

IIRC, Desani was a big flop over here in UK after Coca Cola HAD to admit it was just tap water. I think they were 'outted' by the newspapers.

Mind you, it was the only bottled water I could find when in Texas and tasted better than the tap water. Wow, ease back on the chlorine, didn't know whether to drink it or swim in it!!!
                              Wolster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X