Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever meet a famous person?

Just thought I'd ask.

I once rode an elevator, in Atlanta, with John Denver. Didn't recognize him till I heard others on the elevator congratulating him on the concert he just gave (I missed the concert; I was busy at a convention).
    --Patrick Carroll

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)

I had Barbara Bush pat me on the back and say 'Good job!'

I took a leak next to Bruce Willis (and no, I didn't look. I forgot to! ).

I was at a baseball game with Bill Clinton (not that I like the guy, but he counts as famous, so there! ).

I think thats about it. . .

Comment

I met Zach Thomas and John Walsh.

Comment

Kevin Johnson spoke at my middle school. Back "in the day" he played for the Phoenix Suns.

I also say Big Foot when I was nine. (Wait do Monster Trucks count?)
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Renee Zelleweger at the hotel we stay at when we (my best friend Angie and me) do Oscar weekend in L.A.
          We met at the elevators and we said how much we admired her work and we hoped she'd win the Oscar. She said thank you. She did win the oscar for Brokeback Mountain that year.

Last year, I met Robert Osborn from TMC channel. He's wonderful, very charming and gracious. Made me feel very comfortable, and we talked old movies for a few minutes before he went to an Oscar party.

Saw French Stewart back when he was famous at a restaurant and we introduced ourselves as he was leaving. Told him we though he was funny. He made polite small talk with us for about 30 seconds.

We had lunch with James Valentine of Maroon 5. We didn't know it was him though, so does it count?
          We were at Jonny Rockets in L.A. eating burgers and sharing onion rings when in comes this scrawny, stringy-haired college looking kid. He sits beside me at the counter, and I immediately shove the plate of onion rings at him and say, "looks like you could use some food."
          He says, "Thanks," and starts eating and talking to us. We ask questions because we're nosy, and talk comes around to what he does for work.
          He says, "I play in a band."
          My friend says, "What kind of music do you play?"
          He says, "Maroon 5."
          My friend says, "Oh, you play music like Maroon 5?"
          And he says, "No, I play guitar in the band Maroon 5."
          Well, we were embarrassed that we didn't know him, but he said no one besides Adam gets recognized, so no big deal.
          We introduced ourselves and continued to chat until we were done eating. Nice guy.

I got Freddy Fender's autograph when he came into the Pizza Hut I was working at when I was 17. He was not so famous then, he was playing at our county fair. He chatted with me as I refilled his iced tea. The autograph was for my mother's co-worker, not me.
          Love. Where does it come from?
          from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Mine probably doesn't mean much outside of the UK but I once got knocked over by Shep and John Noakes had to pick me up. (Shep on right!)

Also sat next to Anna Ryder Richardson on a plane to Aberdeen once. She was pretty funny.

Wolster

Comment

Funny

I was just going to post who i met today and then i saw this.

Morgan Freeman........no kidding!
              I was working for ACG at the Airfest in Oshkosh today and got home 20 minutes ago. i saw 2 F-22 Raptors do a display and then I was able to be part of a meet and greet with Morgan Freeman.

pics coming soon.

Chad
              "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

December 25, 1995, I was in the Atlanta, GA airport in the same terminal as George Takei (Sulu from the original Star Trek). There weren't many people in the airport on that day (not surprisingly)... we were walking towards each other in the hallway, and the whole time I'm thinking to myself, "Wow, that guy looks just like the guy who played Sulu on Star Trek." When I arrived at my gate, a friend of mine was there (coincidence, neither of us knew the other was to be there) who confirmed that it was, in fact, Sulu.

I shook Newt Gingrich's hand once when I was in college and he was the Speaker of the House. It was a pretty forgettable occasion.

Again in Atlanta (this time in September of 1996) at the 20th anniversary conference for Habitat for Humanity, I met Millard Fuller (the founder). I was the president of my college chapter of Habitat, and got to attend a special breakfast with him. Nice guy, very tall.

Also, I used to know Tim Duncan. He and I attended the same youth group in high school, and we played paintball together a number of times. I'm sure there's no way he would have any clue who I am today... but I knew him before he even got interested in basketball.
                "I am not an atomic playboy."
                Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

As a little one I got to meet John Wayne once. I barely remember it, but it was one of my late Father's favorite stories.

The folks I got to meet in the Army:
                  MSG Roy Benavidez
                  SSG Lafaeyette Poole
                  Presidents Reagan, H & W. Bush.
                  Ted Nugent (GO TED!)
                  Ozzy Osbourne & Crew
                  Countless cheerleaders
                  The Bud girls

and at 2am south of Baghdad during the invasion I gave Oliver North a cup of coffee. God how I wish I had a pic of that. No spit and polish, just a crusty old Marine sharing a cold canteen cup of cofee and a few short war stories with some joes. Speaking of Crusty Marines, I did get to shake hands with Gunny Ermy once.

I did meet Geraldo once in Tikrit, but I don't count that.
                  Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Originally posted by Arkane View Post
                    As a little one I got to meet John Wayne once. I barely remember it, but it was one of my late Father's favorite stories.

The folks I got to meet in the Army:
                    MSG Roy Benavidez
                    SSG Lafaeyette Poole
                    Presidents Reagan, H & W. Bush.
                    Ted Nugent (GO TED!)
                    Ozzy Osbourne & Crew
                    Countless cheerleaders
                    The Bud girls

and at 2am south of Baghdad during the invasion I gave Oliver North a cup of coffee. God how I wish I had a pic of that. No spit and polish, just a crusty old Marine sharing a cold canteen cup of cofee and a few short war stories with some joes. Speaking of Crusty Marines, I did get to shake hands with Gunny Ermy once.

MSG Benavidez is a person I would have really liked to meet.
                    If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

Comment

He didn't draw a map on the sand and give away your position, did he?
                      "I am not an atomic playboy."
                      Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Jeeze Arkane, all you had to do was pull the trigger and say "oops."
                        ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                        ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Almost Famous?

Does almost famous count? I interveiwed the "Cherry Poppin' Daddys" in 1996, before they got on MTV, for my highschool newspaper. Plus, they gave me booze and Steve (lead vocals) taught me how to mix a Martini.

Once I "took care of a thing" for the semi-famous DJ/Producer/Rapper Kid Frost, but it's unlikely anyone on ACG is familiar with his work. He's done movie soundtrack work, been a DJ for Tone Loc, and worked cultivating West Coast Rap for nearly 20 years. Sort of a poor, mexican, Too Short....
                          "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
                            I was just going to post who i met today and then i saw this.

Morgan Freeman........no kidding!
                            I was working for ACG at the Airfest in Oshkosh today and got home 20 minutes ago. i saw 2 F-22 Raptors do a display and then I was able to be part of a meet and greet with Morgan Freeman.

pics coming soon.

Chad
                            Morgan Freeman was at the EAA?
                            "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Let's see
                              • Got to shake hands with Chuck Yeager
                              • Said good luck to Brett Farve
                              • Met countless Brewers players like Geoff Jenkins and Chris Capiano
                              • Had ther finger given to our class by Jeff Francoeur of the Braves when they played the brewers on our senior skip day.
                              • Countless Packer players
                              • probaly more but either forgot of didn't even know about
                              "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X