I may Have Put Myself in Grave Danger Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may Have Put Myself in Grave Danger Today

Earlier today, coming out of a local convenient store that I go to a lot, with My Limo parked outside, I observed Two Young Black Guys talking to some other Black Guys in a truck that was trying to leave the parking lot & as I passed the truck some 20' Feet away, I caught a look at one of the Black Guys that was on foot showing one of his friends in the truck a sinister looking Pistol that he was carrying with him.

As the truck left, the Black Guy with the Pistol shoved it into his shorts and proceeded to walk into the store to buy something & upon entering my Limo I Promptly dialed "911" not knowing for sure if anything was about to happen or not.

Over the course of about 20 minutes, I stayed on the phone with the 911 Operator and helped direct the Local Constabulary (The Police) to where these young Black Men had walked off too.

Finally the Cops showed up and proceeded to arrest one Black Guy & then they proceeded to surround the house where the other one was inside lurking about.

I finally left & went about my business & a little later (Roughly 15 Minutes) the Garland, Texas Police Department called me wondering if I was still in the area because one of the officers wanted to meet me somewhere and talk too me.

Unfortunately, I was gone someplace else by that time & they said they would contact me if they needed to talk to me.

So, did I do the right thing & should I fear for my life?

You did the right thing, and actions like that are what helps clean neighborhoods up. I wouldn't sweat being in danger, sounds like these perps have it coming.
    Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Yeah, how are they going to know it was you who called the police? Unless Texas cops are complete idiots and tell the felons who ratted them out.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
        Yeah, how are they going to know it was you who called the police? Unless Texas cops are complete idiots and tell the felons who ratted them out.
        Well, I did forget to tell you guys that I did sit in the school parking lot across the street from there house & eyeball them for about 15 minutes before the police showed up, but I don't think they got a good look at me.

I mean, what are they going to do? Shoot every white Limo Driver in a White Limo in Dallas, Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
          Well, I did forget to tell you guys that I did sit in the school parking lot across the street from there house & eyeball them for about 15 minutes before the police showed up, but I don't think they got a good look at me.

I mean, what are they going to do? Shoot every white Limo Driver in a White Limo in Dallas, Texas?
          Duke, I run into these situations all the time. I deliver potato chips in Youngstown, Oh. Y-town is a very depressed old steeltown that has yet to recover from the job loss. The stores I deliver to are in very bad neighborhoods and the gangstas are everywhere. But I stay cool and talk to them and slap hands and give out free samples just so I don't get shivved.
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

You did right.

Comment

Duke, I run into these situations all the time. I deliver potato chips in Youngstown, Oh. Y-town is a very depressed old steeltown that has yet to recover from the job loss. The stores I deliver to are in very bad neighborhoods and the gangstas are everywhere. But I stay cool and talk to them and slap hands and give out free samples just so I don't get shivved.

Its shanked its a verb to shank lol

Comment

Earlier today, coming out of a local convenient store that I go to a lot, with My Limo parked outside, I observed Two Young Black Guys
                OK, if this story is going to end with you getting your muscle shirt destroyed because you refused to help three 15-year-olds TeePee a house, I don't want to hear it.
                ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
                  OK, if this story is going to end with you getting your muscle shirt destroyed because you refused to help three 15-year-olds TeePee a house, I don't want to hear it.
                  Limos are bigger than scooters... Duke is one up on that one!
                  "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                  Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                  Bukowski

Comment

Your in no danger and ya did the right thing, but one thing troubles me....why were you in a limo? You should have manned the 50 and mowed em down,
                    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

I deliver potato chips in Youngstown, Oh.
                      give out free samples
                      Free samples.
                      Are you serious?
                      Where do you live?
                      "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

You did the right thing Duke ..... and even better than that, you haven't mentioned Sealion once in this thread yet

Comment

So, did I do the right thing & should I fear for my life?
                          Did you do the right thing? Well, right and wrong are hard to say. It sounds like you may have helped someone avoid a bad day -- hopefully, someone innocent. If the cops arrested someone, at the very least it sounds like you helped get one troublemaker off the streets for a bit.

Should you fear for your life? Probably not any more than you already do. May want to avoid that convenience store for a couple weeks, though.

I would probably be scared, too, just knowing that I had helped the police find someone and arrest them. I like to think I would do the same thing in your situation, but I really don't know if I would -- so as a potential innocent victim of lawlessness, I say kudos to you for helping make the streets a little safer for me and my family.

(Er, so to speak. Pennsylvania is a long way from Texas. But you see where I'm going with that.)
                          "I am not an atomic playboy."
                          Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

I Promptly dialed "911"
                            Good job Duke.
                            You did real good.
                            I would like to think I would do what you did.
                            I was going to comment earlier, but the mental imagery of the potato chips distracted me.

Last edited by Slug; 26 Jul 07, 21:52.
                            "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

I think you did the good think Duke Willium.
                              "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X