What video resolution do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What video resolution do you use?

To help us better understand how most people view the website, what video resolution do you use? If you use more than one computer to surf Warfare HQ, mark which one do you use the most.
    800x600 16 bit color
    4.35%
    800x600 32 bit color
    8.70%
    1024x768 16 bit color
    17.39%
    1024x768 32 bit color
    34.78%
    1152x864 16 bit color
    0.00%
    1152x864 32 bit color
    8.70%
    1280x1024 16 bit color
    0.00%
    1280x1024 32 bit color
    21.74%
    1600x1200 16 bit color
    0.00%
    1600x1200 32 bit color
    4.35%
    Editor-in-Chief
    GameSquad.com

1600x1200x32
    "Lord... forgive me my actions, speech and thoughts. Because, Lord, I am seriously going to kick some unrighteous ass in Your Name, Amen."
    Princess of Wands by John Ringo (Jan 2006)

http://www.baen.com/chapters/W200601...9232.htm?blurb

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Neely
      1600x1200x32
      Must be nice.
      Editor-in-Chief
      GameSquad.com

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog

Must be nice.
        yep. using my parents PC at 1024x768 is hell.

PS, 1280x720? I didn't know there were 16:9(dvd) aspect monitors available, and I rather doubt it's they're as common as 1280x1024 which can be done by any decent 17" monitor unless you've got vision problems.
        "Lord... forgive me my actions, speech and thoughts. Because, Lord, I am seriously going to kick some unrighteous ass in Your Name, Amen."

Comment

I'm assuming Don meant 1280 x 1024, and I voted that one.
          "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Mantis
            I'm assuming Don meant 1280 x 1024, and I voted that one.
            Same here.
            Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT

Same here.
              Right.. this is the standard for all the known LCDs to me... and that is the setting for me of course.

But on the older system with CRT, which is capable for 1600x1200, still many applications(esp. games) won't run for that mode. I had to set them up to 1280x1024 as well.
              Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

I have options for 1280x720, 1280x900, and 1280x1024. However, I have changed the poll accordingly.

So far it looks like most people have fairly decent computer systems.
                Editor-in-Chief
                GameSquad.com

Comment

Originally posted by ER_Chaser

Right.. this is the standard for all the known LCDs to me... and that is the setting for me of course.

But on the older system with CRT, which is capable for 1600x1200, still many applications(esp. games) won't run for that mode. I had to set them up to 1280x1024 as well.
                  I've never had a problem with windows not changing resolution automatically for fixed mode programs. ATM though, acow is my primary addiction and it'll happily eat all the screen space I've got. my only compaint is not being able to change the reply window to a larger size with 2d large units.

Comment

Reply window?
                    "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog
                      So far it looks like most people have fairly decent computer systems.
                      You should try to run CMBB with all bells and wistles turned on and using FSAA and AF on something less then a 'fairly decent computer system'
                      Resistance is futile!
                      My little company

Comment

Speaking of colors and resolutions, I'm looking at Warfare HQ right now in 16 bit color and I haven't done that in a long time. I usually run everything in 32 bit color. It does alter the colors quite a bit. The forum looks basically the same, but it alters the look of the main webpage somewhat.

It doesn't look nearly as good with only 16 bit color.
                        Editor-in-Chief
                        GameSquad.com

Comment

me with my lowly pentium 2. Hey we cant all afford new computers. Thats the beauty of wargames, the system requirements.
                          Doesn't read Al Franken, can't watch Al Jazeera, will attack dumbasses. Anyone but Rumsfeld '04.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantis
                            Reply window?
                            replay.

Comment

Ahhh yes. Agreed.

Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X