Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Kill An American

To Kill an American
    You probably missed this in the rush of news, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper, an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . So they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.

The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence , which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan . Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America , The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself . Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
    To Kill an American

We get enough chain letters in our mailbox's...

This guy isn't an Australian Dentist:

Peter Ferrara, Associate Professor of Law,
    George Mason University School of Law,
    in National Review, September 25, 2001.
    #occupyarmchairgeneral.
    Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post

oooppppsssss......

http://www.nationalreview.com/commen...ra092501.shtml
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Ah Well! If you're free to believe in no religion, then why would you be answering to a God???
        "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian

"Oakland Raiders: Committed to Excellence"

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post

Typical...can't attack the message...only the messenger.

Whenever you feel like disagreeing with the content, feel free.

Oh wait...nevermind...you can't.

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
            Typical...can't attack the message...only the messenger.

Whenever you feel like disagreeing with the content, feel free.

Oh wait...nevermind...you can't.
            It didn't seem like an attack on anything. He was clarify the sources. Regardless the message is good.

HP
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I hate chain letters, but this one I like.
              Wisdom is personal

Comment

The tone of the message is good with the exception people with no religion following a god! Other than that its an optimistic read!
                "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian

"Oakland Raiders: Committed to Excellence"

Comment

That's an oxi-moron.
                  History of War Podcast

Episode 1: Why Study Military History?

Comment

Who is this letter trying to fool in regards to helping the Afghanis fight for their freedom against the Soviets. Ha. Was the price of supposed Afghani freedom worth the price? The bill includes, the Taliban, Al-Quaeda, a nuclear Pakistan who in turn passed on their nuclear technology to North Korea, perhaps Iran. What a mess.
                    "The State is that great fiction by which everyone tries to live at the expense of everyone else."

Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Steiner View Post
                      Who is this letter trying to fool in regards to helping the Afghanis fight for their freedom against the Soviets. Ha. Was the price of supposed Afghani freedom worth the price? The bill includes, the Taliban, Al-Quaeda, a nuclear Pakistan who in turn passed on their nuclear technology to North Korea, perhaps Iran. What a mess.
                      It's very telling that you don't understand the necessity to break a few eggs when baking a cake.

EVERYONE the US ever helps ends-up biting that large hand that feeds them, yet if we did NOTHING, the rest of the world...bites the big hand yet again.

It's tough being the world's savior...and fortunately, there are men and women who realize this and do what they can to do the right thing.

I think an attitude readjustment is in your future!

OFF TO THE CAMP WITH YOU!!

Comment

Regardless of where this message came from...the meaning seems to be thus...

America is the world.

See, I told you!
                        "Yellowstain!"

Comment

I don't care who wrote the message - it sounds good to me.

(I'm confused though...does this now make me an American? Do I need a new Passport? Am I still allowed to try and conquer the world? )

Dr. S.
                          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Am I still allowed to try and conquer the world? )
                            If your an American

HP
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

C.O.B.R.A. Commander is an American....

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
                              I don't care who wrote the message - it sounds good to me.

(I'm confused though...does this now make me an American? Do I need a new Passport? Am I still allowed to try and conquer the world? )

Dr. S.
                              Drop your Tea & Crumpets in the Harbor, and come over to the Dark Side. World Domination is the goal of every American. It's why we steal all the oil....

"This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X