• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beckham who?

Check out these skills:

http://www.soccer-freestyle.com/
    #occupyarmchairgeneral.
    Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Isn't Beckham that bloke with the hot wife?

You know, she used to be a Spice Girl.

What!?

Oh gods. . . I need to lie down for a bit. . .

Ha! Too easy!

Comment

Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post

I know they created a commercial and will post it on youtube but what if ACG put out a real life video of us showing our skills like these soccer kids.....eh?

Scene 1: A shot of a bunch of balding fat people or kids with soccerballs on their heads reading books
      Scene 2: A board with no movement (a 30 second video couldn't possibly have a turn in it.)
      Scene 3: Shot of a person at the computer with their wife nagging in the background
      Scene 4: A shot of someone wiggling their finger quickly to the sound of gunshots
      Scene 5: A bunch of wankers running around in the rain in old outfits ruining a perfectly good weekend
      Scene 6: Some dudes sitting around with their cats building toys that nobody can play with
      Last edited by Crash; 17 Jul 07, 13:22.
      #occupyarmchairgeneral.
      Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.

Comment

Man I used to play soccer and I wish I could do that.
        "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Let's see..

How quickly he fades into oblivion. Soccer has had decades to "hook" America and has failed totally. Soccer with Beckham will be no different.

How many Americans can even name the team he will play on? I guarantee it's a lot less than the number who could tell you who the bottom tier Presidential candidates are. And that's an abysmally low number.
          Last edited by Sino Invasion; 24 Jul 07, 00:45.
          Save America!! Impeach Obama!!

Comment

Is it the L.A. Galaxy?
            "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by Sino Invasion View Post
              How quickly he fades into oblivion. Soccer has had decades to "hook" America and has failed totally. Soccer with Beckham will be no different.

How many Americans can even name the team he will play on? I guarantee it's a lot less than the number who could tell you how the bottom tier Presidential candidates are. And that's an abysmally low number.
              I wouldn't be so sure, given the vast amounts of merchandise Beckham has been moving. Brand Beckham could very well give soccer the shove it needs to hit the fourth tier of sports leagues.
              Colonel Summers' widely quoted critique of US strategy in the Vietnam War is having a modest vogue...it is poor history, poor strategy, and poor Clausewitz to boot - Robet Komer, Survival, 27:2, p. 94.

Comment

Sorry...

Originally posted by thejester View Post
                I wouldn't be so sure, given the vast amounts of merchandise Beckham has been moving. Brand Beckham could very well give soccer the shove it needs to hit the fourth tier of sports leagues.
                He's no Pele and he didn't make a dent. Americans like sports where you use your HANDS! Soccer just fails the test. His wife will be a "somewhat celebrity" far longer than he will.
                Save America!! Impeach Obama!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                  Beckham who. Check out these skills: http://www.soccer-freestyle.com/
                  playing football takes speed and tactics - first off, and only then - a technique.
                  lack of a technique Beckham would make up with tactics, speed and ability to tackle.
                  all aforementioned made him a football genius.

Comment

Originally posted by stalin View Post
                    Playing football takes speed and tactics - first off, and only then - a technique. Lack of a technique Beckham would make up with tactics, speed and ability to tackle. All aforementioned made him a football genius.
                    Yes, it's just his wife who is the liability in LA. I watched her documentary recently and it has been a long time since I've seen such a vacuous, self-absorbed woman. Or such a bunch of vultures surrounding a single tiny bird.

I feel for David Beckham. A nice AS lad with a good few physical gifts and hitched to that surgically enhanced monster...
                    Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
                    (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

Originally posted by General Staff View Post
                      Yes, it's just his wife who is the liability in LA. I watched her documentary recently and it has been a long time since I've seen such a vacuous, self-absorbed woman. Or such a bunch of vultures surrounding a single tiny bird.
                      I was forced to watch it too....I actually thought it was funny. Compared to the other rich chicks she seemed quite normal.

I just wish her jeans weren't $200 a pop. However, I'm seeing golf shoes advertised in at $169US and they are still $249 here? Am I missing something on the exchange?

I feel for David Beckham. A nice AS lad with a good few physical gifts and hitched to that surgically enhanced monster...
                      I don't know her personally but when it comes to looks there is no need to worry about you fishing from my pond.

err...that would be my old pond. I now longer live remotely close to that pond. Some other lucky kid is now using the pond.
                      Last edited by Crash; 24 Jul 07, 08:11.
                      #occupyarmchairgeneral.

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                        I know they created a commercial and will post it on youtube but what if ACG put out a real life video of us showing our skills like these soccer kids.....eh?

Scene 1: A shot of a bunch of balding fat people or kids with soccerballs on their heads reading books
                        Scene 2: A board with no movement (a 30 second video couldn't possibly have a turn in it.)
                        Scene 3: Shot of a person at the computer with their wife nagging in the background
                        Scene 4: A shot of someone wiggling their finger quickly to the sound of gunshots
                        Scene 5: A bunch of wankers running around in the rain in old outfits ruining a perfectly good weekend
                        Scene 6: Some dudes sitting around with their cats building toys that nobody can play with

but ya forgot #7 Crashie ole pard .........

' A traditional, north Texas, half blind, conservative; drinking meszcall on the back porch, thinking of devious ways to convert his wayward political liberal forum buddies....'

bwaaaahhhhhhhaaaaa who loves ya Crashie?

Comment

Originally posted by Sino Invasion View Post
                          He's no Pele and he didn't make a dent. Americans like sports where you use your HANDS! Soccer just fails the test. His wife will be a "somewhat celebrity" far longer than he will.
                          Pfft, give me a break. If soccer can succeed in Australia it can succeed in the US...despite the presence of rugby union, rugby league, AFL and cricket soccer is absolutely on fire on the moment - just had to be moved to summer and given proper administrative and media support.
                          Colonel Summers' widely quoted critique of US strategy in the Vietnam War is having a modest vogue...it is poor history, poor strategy, and poor Clausewitz to boot - Robet Komer, Survival, 27:2, p. 94.

Comment

Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post
                            You have GOT to be joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think he is.
                            The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                            Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by General Staff View Post
                              ... David Beckham. A nice AS lad with a good few physical gifts and hitched to that surgically enhanced monster...
                              alas !!
                              still, nice to see him playing for a national team -
                              though, England is in the same qualification group with Russia and both teams are soon to play each other.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X