Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispatchs

POCONO MOUNTAINS-BRUIN/CYBERIAN FRONT-21:30 HOURS

Darkness has fallen over the forest. It's quiet out there. Too quite.

Enemy sightings over the past two days indicate movement toward our positions.

Intelligence(or as holly 6 will no doubt chime in-lack of) suggests the enemy has two prime targets in mind. The bird feeder hanging from the maple tree, and the grill out on the rear deck.

As always the early warning system is up and running:
    If the bruins approach from the East (down the road), the yellow lab 12 houses away will alert the basset hound 8 houses away who in turn will signal the Jack Russel terrier 5 houses away and the message will be passed on to our pit bull.

The same type line of communication is established along the Western route (up the road), however I fear those two pekingese 6 houses off are the weak link in the chain.

After weeks of planning, counter measures have been set in place at both suspected target sites:

A WWII style device has been planted at the base of tree.

On the deck, what can best be described as a chemical weapon.

All we can do now is wait.
    Last edited by cyberia; 15 Jul 07, 20:38. Reason: dropped word
    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Good luck.
    The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
    Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
      POCONO MOUNTAINS-BRUIN/CYBERIAN FRONT-21:30 HOURS

Darkness has fallen over the forest. It's quiet out there. Too quite.

Enemy sightings over the past two days indicate movement toward our positions.

Intelligence(or as holly 6 will no doubt chime in-lack of) suggests the enemy has two prime targets in mind. The bird feeder hanging from the maple tree, and the grill out on the rear deck.

As always the early warning system is up and running:
      If the bruins approach from the East (down the road), the yellow lab 12 houses away will alert the basset hound 8 houses away who in turn will signal the Jack Russel terrier 5 houses away and the message will be passed on to our pit bull.

The same type line of communication is established along the Western route (up the road), however I fear those two pekingese 6 houses off are the weak link in the chain.

After weeks of planning, counter measures have been set in place at both suspected target sites:

A WWII style device has been planted at the base of tree.

On the deck, what can best be described as a chemical weapon.

All we can do now is wait.
      Anti-tank mine at the tree? Skunks trapped on the Deck!!! OH THE HUMANITY!! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN???
      Last edited by holly6; 15 Jul 07, 22:52.
      My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Cyberia 2 - Bears 0

POCONO MOUNTAINS-BRUIN/CYBERIAN FRONT-03:09 HOURS

With action sooner than expected two bruin assaults have been repelled in little more than two hours.

The attacks did not come as expected on the primary target (grill) but on the secondary target (bird feeder).

At 00:05 Hours a load blast was heard from the perimeter of the maple tree, followed by a grunt. The enemy was sighted (or a least the back end of 'em) crashing through trees double time back into the forest.

The devise was inspected and determined to still be operational and left in place.

At 02:34 Hours a second blast sounded and again the enemy was sighted beating a hasty retreat back from where it came.

On both occasions there was no early warning alarm sounded. It can only be assumed at this point the enemy approached from the West (damn pekingese).

OPERATIONAL REPORT:
        As for the devise; taking a cue from the WWII German Schu Minen 42 (shoe mine) an 8 inch high five sided, narrow wooden box was constructed from 1x4 stock and placed into a hole at the base of the tree level with the top. Inside the box was placed an air horn, the type used at football games, and a lose fitting, floating lid placed on top. The devise was then covered with dried grass.

As three sides of the tree base where blocked by a wheelbarrow and cement mixing tub, the bear could only approach target from one side. When the bear stepped on the device pressure forced the lid down onto the button of the air horn and a loud blast sent him packing.

It would be foolish to think this is over, but at this point confidence is high. Repeat, confidence is high.
        ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

Good job mate!
          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Comment

You do realize your sending "in the clear"??

Have you considered collateral damage??

1.You scare the siit out of the bear, somebody has to clean it up!

2.Everytime the bear steps on your mine, all golfers for miles around will be heading to the clubhouse to avoid the lightning.
            My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
              You do realize your sending "in the clear"??

Have you considered collateral damage??

1.You scare the siit out of the bear, somebody has to clean it up!

2.Everytime the bear steps on your mine, all golfers for miles around will be heading to the clubhouse to avoid the lightning.
              Plus someone waking up at 2 in the morning to sound of an air gorn, has got to pissed off.
              I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

For Sale
                Home Made Schu Minen
                Successfully Used Five Times
                Cracked and Splintered Wood Case
                Punctured Gas Cartridge
                Missing the Plastic Horn Thing

Freakin' bears
                ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

For Sale
                  Home Made Schu Minen
                  Successfully Used Five Times
                  Cracked and Splintered Wood Case
                  Punctured Gas Cartridge
                  Missing the Plastic Horn Thing

Freakin' bears
                  Sounds like a 5th columnist movement. I'm suspicious of the Pekinese to the west. Am willing to begin a "cleansing movement"

Comment

Look on the bright side mate, if the horn is stuck between its' teeth you'll hear it coming next time!
                    Last edited by Achtung Baby; 19 Jul 07, 00:44.
                    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                    Ernest Hemingway.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Comment

Bears are so cuddly.
                      If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
                        Sounds like a 5th columnist movement. I'm suspicious of the Pekinese to the west. Am willing to begin a "cleansing movement"
                        Wonderful. A brave volunteer for the cause.

First off you will need to sneak up on and over power this sentry...

If you survive-PM headquarters for further instructions.
                        Attached Files
                        ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

Wonderful. A brave volunteer for the cause.

First off you will need to sneak up on and over power this sentry...

If you survive-PM headquarters for further instructions.
                          Have studied your photo reconnaissance, terrain seems eerily like Little Round Top. Have you considered employing the 20th Maine? At best, you could make a recording of Jeff Daniels yelling “BAYONETS” for your next “shoe mine”.

Not sure, do Pennsylvania bears have DVD’s?.

Comment

Have also studied the reconnaissance photo and have spotted a suspicious dark silhouette behind the sentry.

Comparison profile analysis suggests this could be a Carro Armato P26/40 or an SdKfz. 124 Wespe with a 150 mm gun.

It could also be just a large rock in the shadows.

Either way, 20th Maine said "screw that."
                            ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

Tabasco!

Strong Pepper Spray bomb!

Electric Fence!

Good Luck!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X