Details of Medals on War Merits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Details of Medals on War Merits

Can some1 teach me the details (classes, levels, requirements, and relative historical data of who obtained which...) of those War time Medals awarded by all kinds of countries? (esp. in WWII, of course, postwar era is also interesting.)

Times we mention about Iron Cross, Knight Cross (and diamond decoration ;p) of the germans,... but what are the details of the requirements and classes? And how many of those were issued? ...

What are the medals for allies? (Victoria Cross for CW, CMOH for US ... what for Soviets? )
    And like for those less famous countries, anyone has any knowledge of their war merit medals? (like even for my motherland, China, I do not know much about the medal system.. only heard about 3 kinds: Independence Freedom Medal, Liberation Medal and 8.1 Medal, but do not know the critiria at all.)
    Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

This is really interesting. We all know about the Iron Cross and CMOH, but what else is really out there. Are there any medals that compare to the CMOH internationally?
    Doesn't read Al Franken, can't watch Al Jazeera, will attack dumbasses. Anyone but Rumsfeld '04.

Comment

I donot know, but maybe the highest decoration of Knight Cross is kinda equivalent.... and Victoria Cross for the british?
      For the US, by playing games, I came into things like Bronze Star, Silver Star, DFC, AFC, Seaman, Airman, Purple heart ..etc. But there was never any games awarding Soviet medals... so this gets more curious about Soviet systems.
      Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Hero Of The Soviet Union was the soviets highest honor, but i dont know about russia.
        Last edited by Headshot; 12 Nov 02, 05:29.
        Doesn't read Al Franken, can't watch Al Jazeera, will attack dumbasses. Anyone but Rumsfeld '04.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X