some good recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some good recipes

i remember there was a thread on warfare hq cooking some months ago but i would like to know some typical recipe from hungary, finland and germany, this is for real cooking on this sunday so please post serious recipes
    also keep in mind i'm living in belgium so i might not have all the ingredients you're used to have in your country.
    looking forward to the new version of toaw

Do you have lots of red powdered paprika (paprika paste squeezed from a tube work too)? Laszlo Nemedi is on his way to help you out.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

paprika is something you can buy in belgium and hopefully i have some at home
      but i hope it's not a pizza with paprika

Comment

Is there a Hungarian restaurant near to you?

OK, I will look for or translate myself some real Hungarian food receipt. Some famous are gulyásleves (Goulash soup), paprikáskrumpli, etc...

...and...

(((Hungarian pizza)))
        a brain cell

Comment

OK the basic of many Hungarian food is pörkölt and later we convert it to paprikáskrumpli, it is very easy food:

You need
          -potatoes (about 2-3 potatoes per person)
          -onion ( 0.5 or 1 onion per person)
          -powdered paprika (1 tea spoon per person is enough)
          -sausage (Hungarian one is better, like gyulai or csabai, but it can be e.g. hot dog sausage, too how much sausage? it depends on personal taste, someone use only few slices only to feel the taste, some use more, but should be less than the weight of the potatoe as it is only for the taste)
          -oil (not the Iraqi one )

Preparation:
          Skin the potatoes and cut them in wedges or slices.
          Cut the sausage in small slices.

So we start with the pörkölt:
          Mince the onion very finely.
          Heat some oil.
          Saute the onion in the oil until golden.
          Add the paprika quicly and mix it (within few seconds) and take away from the heat.

(You have a pörkölt now.)

Put the potatoes slices and the sausage into the pörkölt and put water as much as bury the potatoes.
          Now put back on the heat and boil (on middle heat) it until the potatoes are boiled (potatoes are soft). Be careful you have to mix/stir it all the time until the end! It could be 10-20-30 minutes depends on the potatoes...

And voila!

Edit: serve with bread...

Edit2: only few (2-3) teaspoon oil only!!
          Last edited by laszlo.nemedi; 25 Jun 04, 12:04.
          a brain cell

Comment

ok mum is going to buy the sausages at the local supermarket i plan to use frankfurt ones as i don't have hungarian ones
            recipe seems very easy to do only point which worry me is adding water into boilling oil this could blow up
            can you give me a few details on this?
            it would be good to have a picture for the water on the potatoes

Comment

Take away from the heat, the onion and the paprika will slow down the thing.

And important you need only 1-2-3 teaspoon oil only!!!!!
              a brain cell

Comment

One thing you can't find in Belgium is Freedom fries, there are "Frites avec ou sans sauce ", for english speaking people there are French Fries, which in Wallonie could be translated as Belgium Fries.

In both case the Fries in Belgium are far far better than in France where most of them are Mac Cain Froozen ones !!!!.

Vive les Frites avec de la Béarnaise et des moules

Der WanderHungry
                The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
                JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
                The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

You can use very fat bacon instead of oil.

You can put after powdered paprika some sliced tomato (and boil it again and after that potatoe+water+sausage).

You can put real paprika with the potatoe+water+sausage.

Use salt!

I will post later many variant of the paprikáskrumpli (paprika potatoe)...
                  a brain cell

Comment

A variant in German:

Kartoffelpaprikasch (Paprikás krumpli, oder Paprikás burgonya)
                    1 kg Kartoffeln (geputzt und viertelt), 2 EL Schmalz, 4-5 Zwiebeln, 2 Tomaten, 1 Paprikaschote (in der Winterzeit 3 EL Letscho), 3 EL Paprika (Edelsüß), 2-3 Zehen Knoblauch, Salz, 200 g Räucherwurst.
                    Die kleingeschnittene Zwiebeln in Schmalz, oder Öl rösten. Paprika hinzugeben, verrühren, die Kartoffelnstücke hineingeben, salzen, weiterrösten. Nach einige Minuten zerdrückte Knoblauchzehen hinzugeben, mit 1 liter Wasser löschen und bei kleiner Hitze garen. Zeitweise rütteln. Nach etwa 10 Minuten Räucherwurst und geschnittene Paprikaschoten und gewürfelte Tomaten hineingeben. Fertiggaren. Mit Nockerln und Gurkensalat servieren.

and some picture:
                    Attached Files
                    a brain cell

Comment

i'm really pleased with this recipe all i hope is it will work at least i hope it'll be good

Comment

Originally posted by jlbetin
                        One thing you can't find in Belgium is Freedom fries, there are "Frites avec ou sans sauce ", for english speaking people there are French Fries, which in Wallonie could be translated as Belgium Fries.

In both case the Fries in Belgium are far far better than in France where most of them are Mac Cain Froozen ones !!!!.

Vive les Frites avec de la Béarnaise et des moules

Der WanderHungry
                        yes come in blegium if you want to eat some real good fries, here in each village you have at least a "frie shop" called in french a barraque a frite ( there is also a french expression for james which is sexual related you're just as hot as a frie shop , just say this to one of your friend who wants to go out with every girls he meets) and best of all is that is very cheap ( depends where though)laszlo if you come here one day for visiting ardenne be sure to tell me before if you want a good guide ( at least for the food hehe )

Comment

Originally posted by viridomaros
                          i'm really pleased with this recipe all i hope is it will work at least i hope it'll be good
                          Here in Hungary everyone think he is master of the paprikáskrumpli, which means it is so easy that everyone can do it.

Finger crossed...
                          a brain cell

Comment

Well Laszlo, that sounds like my kind of food...
                            Guess I will try it Monday and might even get a Hungarian Sausage, if i find one that's not to expensive.
                            "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                            which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                            The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                            returned to its home base."

Comment

Originally posted by mr_clark
                              Well Laszlo, that sounds like my kind of food...
                              Guess I will try it Monday and might even get a Hungarian Sausage, if i find one that's not to expensive.
                              Thanks!

Another one is: make pörkölt just like before but instead of potatoe, put sliced real paprika and sliced tomatoe and sausage in it (not too much 2-3 tomatoe per person) and some water. Heat and stir it until the water disappear, put water again, and heat it until water disappear, etc.. (my father said 3 times is the best). And voila you made a lecsó, an another Hungarian food. Serve with bread.
                              a brain cell

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X