Controversial Article on Islam in USA and the West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controversial Article on Islam in USA and the West

Islam in Western Europe and USA: a religious-fascist 5th Column or victimized minority group? This is a thought provoking article, controversial stuff. Pay attention to the facts about the level of education and wealth among Muslim Americans (50% hold graduate degrees, median household income $69K/year). For an opressed religious group this is most impressive, especially when compared to countries like Saudi Arabia where foreigners are thrown out of work and replaced by Saudis-a pet project of King Fahd himself, a project called "Saudization".

Read this paragraph:

"I quoted a moderate, Muhammad Hisham Kabbani, of the relatively small Islamic Supreme Council of America. In Kabbani's reliable estimation, such 'extremists' have 'taken over 80 percent of the mosques' in the United States. It is not just the mosques: schools, youth groups, community centers, political organizations, professional associations, and commercial enterprises also tend to share a militant Islamic outlook that is hostile to the prevailing order in the United States and advocates its replacement with an Islamic one."

This is a very depressing article, I hope the author has an axe to grind and exaggerates the problems.

http://www.campus-watch.org/article/id/1138
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 16 Jun 04, 12:19.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

If somebody has good articles written from the Muslim perspective that challenge such views I will be glad to read.

Comment

Who is Daniel Pipes

It's a pity this bloke didn't offer up some 'facts' on the level of Jewish influence in America, or the world for that matter. Did his figures come from the 2000 census? or is he quoting a reliable authority on the subject. The guy's a meat-head.

http://www.mediamonitors.net/whoispipes.html Check this out Monster.

Comment

One of the first questions I'd like to ask Pipes is "If Muslims are poised to islamize America, why are they nonexistent in mainstream politics?"

Where are the Muslim congressmen, senators, judges, members of the President's cabinet? What was the last time you saw an orthodox Mulsim stand up in congress and give a speech?

I don't care how many anti-semitic university organizations they start; Muslims will spend the next 5000 years trying to islamize America-unless they make an impact on maintream politics. Until then, they don't matter. They can islamize their 7-Eleven stores. I don't mean to dismiss their ambitions in a rude manner; I just offer a reality check. I think Pipes' massive Muslim conspiracy theory can be overthrown with ease.

Nevertheless, let's make clear we're talking about the politically timid American and European Muslims. What's happening in predominantly Muslim countries, especially on the Arab Peninsula, is a different matter entirely.
        Last edited by MonsterZero; 18 Jun 04, 13:42.

Comment

Pipes is the darling of the far right and bigots everywhere - his supposed expertise provides a smokescreen of legitimacy for their bigoted rubbish. He's not worth thinking about, much less reading.
          Owner and operator, Armed Forces of the Asia Pacific
          Forum administrator, www.orbat.com
          Co-administrator, www.historic-battles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpe
            It's a pity this bloke didn't offer up some 'facts' on the level of Jewish influence in America, or the world for that matter. Did his figures come from the 2000 census? or is he quoting a reliable authority on the subject. The guy's a meat-head.

http://www.mediamonitors.net/whoispipes.html Check this out Monster.
            Good on you Sharpe. When will we hear an American here question the Jewish influence in their inner and outer politics. Everything else, even muslim influence can be an issue. That is really the most incredible situation.
            Last edited by Dicke Bertha; 18 Jun 04, 20:06.
            "You can't change the rules in the middle of the game."
            "Hey, you just made that rule up."

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X