Gibbs Aquada Amphibious Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibbs Aquada Amphibious Car

After reading about Mr. Branson's crossing of the English Channel I became interested in his amphibious car and found these pictures.

http://lionheart.deltanine.net/archives/000027.html

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Aquatic cars have been around since the sixties, although I could never really understand why you would want to drive your car on a lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
      Aquatic cars have been around since the sixties
      Don't forget the German Schwimmwagen from the 1940s. The Americans had a similar thing in service. As for driving on lakes-I asked myself the same question and concluded this type of car could by useful to competitive offroad drivers who participate in races in designated areas. Like the Land Rover races in Africa. Why forge a river with all that muddy water puring through the radiator grating if you can swim across.

Last edited by MonsterZero; 14 Jun 04, 13:30.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Well I always wanted to have an amphibious car just for fleeing the cops when I go too fast
        "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
        which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
        The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
        returned to its home base."

Comment

I didn't know that it was possible to drive to fast on the autobauns.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
            After reading about Mr. Branson's crossing of the English Channel I became interested in his amphibious car and found these pictures.

http://lionheart.deltanine.net/archives/000027.html
            Anyone with a name like that has got to be a highly intelligent individual capable of anything!
            Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
              I didn't know that it was possible to drive to fast on the autobauns.
              You're only allowed to "run free" if it is explicitely allowed and this is not that often the case... (especially not if you need to go fast )
              "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
              which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
              The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
              returned to its home base."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X