Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A flaming post

hehehe... an aged old boring question:

Was there an egg first or a chicken first?

hehe.. careful, this is a trick question, .... the answer ....
    Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Eggs where first as animals as crocodiles also lay eggs and exist far longer then chicken...
    "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
    which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
    The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
    returned to its home base."

Comment

single cell lifeforms existed first, so unless they hatched out of eggs, animal lifeform came first, looks like a question for Der Wandersuperpaleontoligist!
      Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Eggs appears far far before chikens.

As birds, last dinosaurus alive on this earth, have appeared probably in end Jurassic time something like 170-200 MY before present.
        As Dinosaurus have appear during Trias time -230
        As Before dinosaurus were reptilians, and reptilians made eggs,
        As before reptilians were batracians which use eggs too. -270 MY BP

We can continue with fishes, lamelibranches, gasteropods etc..... -540 up to - 350 MY BP

Egg is the expression of an advandced sexuality process which intervine in reproduction, by splitting reproduction process between a male gamet and a feminine gamet.

So Egg is the consequency of sexued reproduction, it is an intrisinc process of sexued reproduction.

We can admit that egg appears as soon as sexuality was part of Life evolution process.

this link is very interesting about sexuality
        http://www.apologeticspress.org/rr/rr2002/r&r0210a.htm

When ? hum difficult to say

1st multicellular orgism fossils are the one of Ediacara fauna -640 MY BP
        The great life explosion was the one of Cambrian with the Burgess Pass fauna in Canada -540 MY BP were 90% of all living forms were represented execpt advanced vetebrates as fish of batracian or reptiles.

So sexuality could be present for sure between 640 MY BP and 540 MY BP

Der WanderPaleontologist
        Last edited by jlbetin; 09 Jun 04, 10:34.
        The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
        JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
        The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

I have egg for the morning breakfast, THAT egg was younger (I hope) than the chicken which made it... so...
          a brain cell

Comment

Well I believe that the Chicken came first because God created animals on the 6th day of the the 7 days of creation and there was no mention of any eggs just "...livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind..." Genesis 1:24 NIV

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDJ
              Well I believe that the Chicken came first because God created animals on the 6th day of the the 7 days of creation and there was no mention of any eggs just "...livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind..." Genesis 1:24 NIV
              ARggghhhhhh Medic please Medic, got an heart attack
              Curt Helpppp pleaaaase

Der WanderBadlyWounded
              JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003

Comment

Nice way of argumentation...

Comment

Well it's obvious from ER's post...the egg comes first because it is the first one listed in his post.

Comment

Originally posted by jlbetin
                    ARggghhhhhh Medic please Medic, got an heart attack
                    Curt Helpppp pleaaaase

Der WanderBadlyWounded
                    Bull$hit you don't need a medic just yet!

Here take a pull from my bottle of fine vodka!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I would rather have a very fresh beer as here it is very hot 31°c

Der WanderSweaty

Comment

OMG, not you too DJ
                        Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

First, I am glad to see the flames ..

Second, I apologize for my typo at the first place: it should be "chicken eggs first or chicken first". (of course, other things also have eggs, so that should not count )...

Third, I meant for in nature, or more precisely, on this planet, which object came (evolved? hehe.. hoho.. wowo..) into existence first? Not in a breakfast, fried egg first or chicken leg first...
                          Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by jlbetin
                            I would rather have a very fresh beer as here it is very hot 31°c

Der WanderSweaty
                            Same one here but I was sitting in my basement and had a couple of them, and at -6°C there are also quite refreshing...

Comment

Originally posted by mr_clark
                              Same one here but I was sitting in my basement and had a couple of them, and at -6°C there are also quite refreshing...
                              Hold me friends, hold me I'll going to kill him

Felix, bad weather is entering France this afternoon, we are waiting for Storms, hope they came quickly as it is a hell of hot wet air here

Der WanderDurstigUndMüde

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X