D DAY celebration can be seen on TV5 Satelite Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D DAY celebration can be seen on TV5 Satelite Channel

If some of you are interested on D DAY commemorations in France the TV5 chanel is broadcasting them live.

In case of

JLB
    The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
    JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
    The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

i beleve it i can recieve it on the far away regions of my remote..

around #50 or #60 i beleve
    French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

Thanks for the info - my father just shut it off - too many friends did'nt come home
      Black & blue from the TOAW learning curve!

Comment

They act as a 1944 CNN , with a flash each 1/2 hours to give evolution of the situation on Normandy front, very clever

JLB
        JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003

Comment

By instance at 00:11 they annouce arrival of the first US and UK pathfinders on Normandy drop zone areasJLB

Comment

They have given interesting data about normandy fights in June July part of August

US UK Canadian 35.000
            German 56.000
            French civilians 21.000

JLB

Comment

My father's friends were coast guardsmen - an honorable occupation in peace
              - deadly knowledge in wartime - he's not going to sleep well tonight
              He's 78 years old & grabbed the single malt - the wife is pissed - but
              memories die the hardest - God bless em all!
              Last edited by Foggy; 05 Jun 04, 19:07.

Comment

im watching it on BBC1...

shamefull that there isnt a single dutch tv station paying attention to d-day, maybe tonight...i hope so...
                French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

It's rather ironic - my father was so concerned about his friends - near as he can tell both died from direct shell hits on LCVP's - one at Tarawa - totally
                  inexcusable - one at DD1 Green - just one of many deaths that day
                  It's just so hard - what we would consider friends - he's had to live with so many years! I thought he might go to Normandy as he got older - he got really upset at the fact I wanted to go diving in the Solomons on my honeymoon - I guess the Marines don't wish to disturb any potential ghosts -
                  he requested! that I serve in the 8th Air Force if I could pick anywhere in the world
                  Last edited by Foggy; 07 Jun 04, 20:40.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X