Timing of CIA Director's Resignation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing of CIA Director's Resignation?

The intervention in Iraq and the war on terror are far from over. With so much unfinished work to be done, was Tenet's resignation well-timed?
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    25.00%
    Undecided
    41.67%

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Ummm...He resigned because the Bush administration fooked up so badly. He also makes a perfect scapegoat before the elections. No problem with timing there.
    “To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed…” -1984 about the Big Lie

Comment

I love when they cite "personal reasons" for their resignations.

heh.
      "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

The D-Day festivities are around the corner, they might speculate that the Tenet story will soon be forgotten. I think this resignation was well planed.
        "The conventional army loses if it does not win. The guerrilla wins if he does not lose."

Henry Alfred Kissinger

Comment

Personally I think he was a burnout/exhaustion case which is good reason to quit. He began to hate his job.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
          --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

I believe he resigned much to late to make it appear honest.
            "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
            which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
            The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
            returned to its home base."

Comment

I think it is highly interesting that he resigned so soon after the Chalabi flap. I think there is more there than we know about.
              "Nations are never content to confine their rivalships and enmities to themselves. It is their usual policy to disseminate them as widely, as they can, regardless how far it may interfere with the tranquility or happiness of the nations which they are able to influence." -- Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X