Is this true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this true?

Once in U.S. history an episode of Islamic terrorism was very quickly stopped.

It happened in the Philippines about 1911, when Gen. John J. Perishing was in command of the garrison. There had been numerous Islamic terrorist attacks, so "Black Jack" told his boys to catch the perps and teach them a lesson.

Forced to dig their own graves, the terrorists were all tied to posts, execution style. The U.S. soldiers then brought in pigs and slaughtered them, rubbing their bullets in the blood and fat. Thus, the terrorists were terrorized; they saw that they would be contaminated with hogs' blood. This would mean that they could not enter Heaven, even if they died as terrorist martyrs. All but one was shot, their bodies dumped into the grave, and the hog guts dumped atop the bodies. The lone survivor was allowed to escape back to the terrorist camp and tell his brethren what happened to the others. This brought a stop to terrorism in the Philippines for the next 50 years.

Pointing a gun into the face of Islamic terrorists won't make them flinch. They welcome the chance to die for Allah. Like Gen. Perishing, we must show them that they won't get to Muslim heaven (which they believe has an endless supply of virgins) but instead will die with the hated pigs of the devil.

I think this is a great idea......... plus it helps pork prices........

???

I highly doubt it. I don't feel like digging out my copy of the Koran to quote chapter and verse but if a Muslim is forced to eat pork then it is forgiven.

Here is snopes take on it http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.htm

Comment

I seriously doubt that it would be an effective stategy today if it were true.

Also i would have to argue who was right or wrong in the situation, the period was after an colonial expansion by the US into the region, i wouldn't begrudge them trying to throw of the colonial yoke in the first place.

On an interesting note (dunno if it is true) in the same conflict the US army switched from using .38 revolvers to the Colt .45 1911A1 because of the inability to stop charging fanatics, the .45 had more stoping power of course.
      Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

probably have as much effect as Israelis smearing pigs blood all over their buses, as in....none.
        Now listening too;
        - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Maybe send em a shipment of paper cartridges dipped in pig fat.
          Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

In this area Koran rules are common sense rules. If a Muslim is unaware of ingesting pork it's not a sin. Same thing with being "contaminated" by a foe who uses overwhelming force. There would be no heavenly punishment for the Pershing's victims if the story was true.

The Koran tends to be reasonably rational and logical UNTIL you start talking about women and their privileges and limitations.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
            --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
              The Koran tends to be reasonably rational and logical UNTIL you start talking about women and their privileges and limitations.
              You're obviously a bachelor

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
                As I understand it, that stuff isn't actually in the Koran - it was dreamed up later by Mohammed's sucessors. Mohammed actually worked for a business woman, who he later married.
                Owner and operator, Armed Forces of the Asia Pacific
                Forum administrator, www.orbat.com
                Co-administrator, www.historic-battles.com

Comment

A good bit of it is Case, although not spelled out to the degree that latter law does.

Comment

Originally posted by M4 Jess

???
                    Well, try it, but I dont want to be the next US soldier who gets captured by the insurgents after you made your new treatment of POWs public. Guess he has to expect a rather painfull and prolonged death, probably captured on video and later aired on AlJazira and nummerous propaganda websites.
                    If thats what you want ...
                    "The conventional army loses if it does not win. The guerrilla wins if he does not lose."

Henry Alfred Kissinger

Comment

Originally posted by M4 Jess

It happened in the Philippines about 1911, when Gen. John J. Perishing was in command of the garrison. There had been numerous Islamic terrorist attacks, so "Black Jack" told his boys to catch the perps and teach them a lesson.

Forced to dig their own graves, the terrorists were all tied to posts, execution style. The U.S. soldiers then brought in pigs and slaughtered them, rubbing their bullets in the blood and fat. Thus, the terrorists were terrorized; they saw that they would be contaminated with hogs' blood. This would mean that they could not enter Heaven, even if they died as terrorist martyrs. All but one was shot, their bodies dumped into the grave, and the hog guts dumped atop the bodies. The lone survivor was allowed to escape back to the terrorist camp and tell his brethren what happened to the others. This brought a stop to terrorism in the Philippines for the next 50 years.

Pointing a gun into the face of Islamic terrorists won't make them flinch. They welcome the chance to die for Allah. Like Gen. Perishing, we must show them that they won't get to Muslim heaven (which they believe has an endless supply of virgins) but instead will die with the hated pigs of the devil.

???
                      A little exreme don't you think?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X