Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Iraq Provisional governement will ask Coalition to leave ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Iraq Provisional governement will ask Coalition to leave ?

On My own, I'm sceptical.
    This Governement may follow the wind and trying to survive, will ask Coalition to return Home. Or coalition will be abble to break Al Sadr rebelion, and felling more quiet, the provisional with ask Coalition to stay.

I don't think coalition have a true assent from them.

That's my 2 cents

Der WanderPollEditor
    Yes they will askt coalition to leave Iraq
    22.73%
    No they will ask Coalition to stay
    54.55%
    I don't know
    22.73%
    The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
    JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
    The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

I don't think it will have that kind of power. The transition of power will take years under the best circumstances. June 30 will be more symbolic than anything else, hopefully marking the beginning of the transition process.

I'm very concerned with Iraq. Bush is under pressure both inside and outside of Iraq to conduct a speedy transition. I think this is a mistake. As unpopular as it might sound, Iraq should be looked upon as a defeated nation trying to rebuild itself. Like Germany and Japan after WWII, Iraq's transition toward soveriegnty should occur at a steady, but effective pace which allows political, social, and economic reforms to occur simultaneously, not sequentially.

The Bush Administration has caused alot of problems and confusions by trying to have their cake and eat too. We went into Iraq making a whole bunch of promises we couldn't keep. Because of that, we're in a "put-up or get out situation." It is clear Iraq is not prepared to govern itself. However, by continuing to project the ideal that it is, the US is undermining whatever trust we might have with the Iraqi people and world in general.

Of course, nothing can stop the Provisional government from asking Coalition troops to leave. If it does, we'll be in a horrible political position. One which I would opt to withdraw from than engage. However, I think people in Iraq realize that their country will go even further down to hell if we leave. So, very reluctantly, they will tolerate our presence for now.

Personally, I think if the US should put the Iraqi people to work rebuilding their own country, we'd see a large decrease in violence. We should send foriegn contractors home, and replace them with Iraqis. Employment stations can be established. There Iraqis can go for jobs or grants and loans for small businesses.

This could also provide America with an excellent source for intelligence. One of the questions on the application should be: Have you and/or your family been threatened with harm if you seek employment with the "Rebuild Iraq" program? If so, would you be willing to explain the incident in complete confidentially, or allow American troops to patrol your neighbor for protection?
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

I can see it happening if the US decides it wants out. Some back room suggestions like "Hey, maybe you could ask us to leave..." saves face for the US. Then they can say "We left because we were asked by the legitimate government of Iraq."

Goblin
      Mega Campaign Screaming Eagles and Das Reich Design Team Member
      DAS REICH CAMPAIGN, and THE SPWaW ICON GUIDE AVAILABLE AT: The SP:WaW Depot
      In difficult ground, press on. In encircled ground, devise strategems. In death ground, fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Goblin
        I can see it happening if the US decides it wants out. Some back room suggestions like "Hey, maybe you could ask us to leave..." saves face for the US. Then they can say "We left because we were asked by the legitimate government of Iraq."

Goblin
        Exactly! That was what I was thinking the very second I read the headline on this development. This may be the closest thing to an exit strategy that the Administration can put together.
        I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
          Personally, I think if the US should put the Iraqi people to work rebuilding their own country, we'd see a large decrease in violence. We should send foriegn contractors home, and replace them with Iraqis. Employment stations can be established. There Iraqis can go for jobs or grants and loans for small businesses.
          Outstanding! What a concept; a people rebuilding their own nation and the profits staying in Iraq. Don't think this idea will have much resonance with a lot of the current administration players.
          And we are here as on a darkling plain
          Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
          Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Matthew Arnold

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
            Exactly! That was what I was thinking the very second I read the headline on this development. This may be the closest thing to an exit strategy that the Administration can put together.
            JAMiAM, who's the guy in your avatar? It looks kind of like the actor Paul Newman except with a mysterious golf ball theme.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
            --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

I think that the provisional governmnt will ask the coalition to leave, they will see the coalition troops as a road block on the way to a stable Iraq.

Comment

MZ JAM's AV is DEVO's first album cover.

As far as what the provisional government will do I really have no idea. There are alot of mixed signals coming out of Iraq as to what exactly is the prevailing opinion as far as the coalition.

Comment

I don't think they'll ask the coalition to leave. They're pretty much powerless without them. The stigma of puppet government is going to stay with them until a new government is elected, whether or not the coalition is in there... the obvious advantage of having the coalition stay is that it provides a first-rate military force and a rather large pool of funds.
                  "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

No. I don't think so.

The United States has to be concerned about the stability in Iraq. If Coalition is asked to leave, then Iraq could fall apart to factionalism and escalating unrest. Iraq is too important not to left alone, especially when you consider her position in Middle East.

Dan
                    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772
                      No. I don't think so.

The United States has to be concerned about the stability in Iraq. If Coalition is asked to leave, then Iraq could fall apart to factionalism and escalating unrest. Iraq is too important not to left alone, especially when you consider her position in Middle East.

Dan
                      Please tell me why your (new) philosophy dictates that the US should be concerned about Iraq? Your previous posts indicate a distictly xenophobic approach to foreign policy and I'm interested to know who amongst the US leadership has changed your outlook with regard to foreign policy such that you now exhibit a much more common sense approach..

Comment

If the US administration was concerned with the stability of Iraq then they wouldn't have invaded that godforsaken country in the first place. Iraq was under a dictator yes, but it was stable. The US has single-handedly ripped apart that stability and will probably leave Iraq worse off then it was under Saddam Hussein. The Iraq war can be summed up with one simple analogy, that of a person who tries to help you without being asked, and in the process of trying to help you just makes your problem worse. To finish with a question, when the US death toll in Iraq reaches 1,000, do you think that will have a big effect on the physche of Americans, so much so that people will start wanting troops out of Iraq?
                        "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

– George W. Bush

Comment

Originally posted by Prester John
                          Please tell me why your (new) philosophy dictates that the US should be concerned about Iraq? Your previous posts indicate a distictly xenophobic approach to foreign policy and I'm interested to know who amongst the US leadership has changed your outlook with regard to foreign policy such that you now exhibit a much more common sense approach..
                          LOL. Xenophobic? Me? LOL.

You're really a funny guy, aren't you?

Dan
                          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Dan
                            The Iraq war can be summed up with one simple analogy, that of a person who tries to help you without being asked, and in the process of trying to help you just makes your problem worse.
                            Don't you just hate that? I remember many a Summer, wrenching on my various beat mobiles, and dreading the inevitable visit from the neighbor down the street, whose self proclaimed genius as a shadetree mechanic would always slow down whatever progress I was making.
                            I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

As long as coalition troops are in Iraq they are going to be there target of every Jihader within a 2000 mi radius. The provisional government will probably ask the coalition to leave to stop the car bomoings and other Jihad activity.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X