Is a 90M Picasso an "Investment"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a 90M Picasso an "Investment"?

Some dude just paid 93Million for a Picasso (auction) and it makes me wonder. Does the price of those painting go up so they can buy for $93M and sell for $100M+ in a few years?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Originally posted by MonsterZero
    Some dude just paid 93Million for a Picasso (auction) and it makes me wonder. Does the price of those painting go up so they can buy for $93M and sell for $100M+ in a few years?
    Its a prestige symbol, like buying flash car etc, personally id rather spend 90m on something a bit more humanitarian in nature, thats if i had a few millions left over for myself
    Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

For me it is a scandal, a waste of money which could be used somewhere else.

That's make me mad when I thought that this money could save millions of lives.

Art must be mankind owned no put on privacy , like Lascaux Cave paints or all paints in Museum.

Or I will aprouve it if it is a company which buys arts article to open a museum and permit the public to admire the beauty. That money invested like this is removed from benefits to lower taxes, in this case is more than justice

Der WanderMusicLover
      The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
      JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
      The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Originally posted by jlbetin
        For me it is a scandal, a waste of money which could be used somewhere else.

That's make me mad when I thought that this money could save millions of lives.

Art must be mankind owned no put on privacy , like Lascaux Cave paints or all paints in Museum.

Or I will aprouve it if it is a company which buys arts article to open a museum and permit the public to admire the beauty. That money invested like this is removed from benefits to lower taxes, in this case is more than justice

Der WanderMusicLover

Also believe art belongs to the people, though money rules our world...

On the general issue buying a painting is generally not a that good investment , if the painter id dead yet, though the "imaginary"-prices climbs up more and more and so maybe one day someone will want to pay even more, and so on ad infinitum...
        "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
        which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
        The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
        returned to its home base."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X