Faint Sound of War Drums in the Air...Getting Louder...Louder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faint Sound of War Drums in the Air...Getting Louder...Louder

Holly crap, that's an entire legion! 6000 of them! Check out the website of the upcomming Rome Total War.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Looking forward to it. Medieval Total War is one of my favorite wargames. There's something almost romantic about melee combat (with a sprinkle of short-range weaponry).
    "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Me too! I love Total War series, especially Medieval: Total War. I also have Viking expansion, it's good.

It just turns me on when I have 10,000 troops clashing with each other. I remember a battle when Mongols showed up on the right edge of map, I was Byzantum Empire. I had prepared for it with lots of troops.

A few hours later, more than 25,000 troops were killed in combat. Dozens of my units badly depleted, but Mongols were beaten back, hehe. It was one of the fiercest battle I've fought in.

Another battle was memorable when all I had was five spearmen unit with +4 valor and two armor upgrades (500 men), I practically held of waves after waves of heavy cavalry trying to attack its way through wood. About 1,000 cavalry died. My units were being cut down to few troops left. I was so sure the next wave would finish me off once for all. But in the last wave, they broke and ran away. I won the day.

Man, what good battles they were!

Dan
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Wow, Dan and I find common ground. There's a first time for everything .

Whenever I play the strategic campaign, I edit it so that the Mongol units are practically free and don't need high tech to build. When the Mongols arrive, the Mongol Horde is an understatement .

I really love those enormous, hour-long battles. I have VI as well, though I prefer the main game.
        "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Is it ok if i find that screenshot more impressive than the pics Jamiam always posts?
          Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

The green army is us, conservatives and the reds are Jamiam's liberal/commie gang. They're about to get their butts kicked, check it out.

Comment

i my medeval total war play CD, i guess i left it in the old house.
              French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

That screenshot is impressive, almost makes me want to buy the game.

Comment

the BBC had a show running for some time called "time commanders" there they had a team of 4 people, 2generals and 2 assistants trying to fight an enemy army using !!THIS!! game[engine] pretty cool, how they got their cartaginians slaughtererd by a bunch of romans on mainland italy....[stopid brits ]
                  French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

Originally posted by Temujin
                    Is it ok if i find that screenshot more impressive than the pics Jamiam always posts?
                    Well, maybe a little bit sick
                    a brain cell

Comment

And agree with the majority here, I like the Total War series, and looking forward this title, too...

(If only I have more time e.g. for this...)
                      a brain cell

Comment

Originally posted by Temujin
                        [Peter Graves' voice] Temi, do you like to watch gladiator movies? [/Peter Graves' voice]
                        I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
                          That screenshot is impressive, almost makes me want to buy the game.
                          Me too

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
                            [Peter Graves' voice] Temi, do you like to watch gladiator movies? [/Peter Graves' voice]
                            Only when harems and slave girls are involved
                            Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Who is Peter Graves?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X