Europa, Europa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europa, Europa!

Huge festivities complete with orchestras, choirs, speeches, tenors, acrobats, god knows what else are raging across Europe as I type these words. I'm going to my friendly neighborhood booze dealer for a 12-pack, I want to celebrate too and am kinda moved.

Europe has risen to new heights of political, social, economic and humanitarian achievement. This could be the beginning of the real new Roman Empire that Charlemagne or Germany's young emperor Otto III could only dream of, except so much more perfect. And achieved by peaceful trade and political cooperation, not conquest.

Congratualtions and best of luck to Europe.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

What's the occasion? Some kind of EU political thing?

Comment

10 new members are joining tonight, including all former Soviet satelites.

Comment

Let's just hope they don't get too cocky. We'll have to knock'em down a peg.

Congratulations Europe, you're finally doing something you should've done in 1945.
        Furthermore, they had calculated that if 25,000 of them died for every one of us, they would finish us first, for they were many and we were but few.
        -Hernan Cortez

The Pacific is our ocean. The power that rules the Pacific, therefore, is the power that rules the world. That power is and will forever be the American Republic.
        -Senator Albert J. Beveridge, 56th Congress

Comment

Wow....break out the party hats and the fake vomit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cortez
            Let's just hope they don't get too cocky. We'll have to knock'em down a peg.

Congratulations Europe, you're finally doing something you should've done in 1945.
            Unfortunately Europe had no influence over what could have been done in 1945 because Stalin was too powerful and the Allies too intimidated by armies.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
              Unfortunately Europe had no influence over what could have been done in 1945 because Stalin was too powerful and the Allies too intimidated by armies.
              Wow you can make sense

Its true Stalin and the Red Army could have walked al over Europe in 45, do you think he would have if the US didnt have the bomb?

I doubt it would have happened either way he was a paranoid man who was happy to keep his power over the Soviet Union and wouldnt have wanted to expand Soviet influence further as it may have destabilised his leadership (his thinking) by bringing in more administrative problems that he wouldnt have been able to deal with, the man was an administrative machine who worked nearly 20 hours a day.
              Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Well maybe they could've done something like the EU when Imperial Germany crumbled in 1918, Paris 1919 was a disaster and was just a catalyst for more conflict.
                Furthermore, they had calculated that if 25,000 of them died for every one of us, they would finish us first, for they were many and we were but few.
                -Hernan Cortez

The Pacific is our ocean. The power that rules the Pacific, therefore, is the power that rules the world. That power is and will forever be the American Republic.

Comment

Well maybe they could've done something like the EU when Imperial Germany crumbled in 1918, Paris 1919 was a disaster and was just a catalyst for more conflict.
                  Its a bit hard when the concept would never have been thought of in 1918 and would have looked imperialistic like old europe
                  Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

That's the problem with Europe. They change too s l o w.
                    -Hernan Cortez

Comment

That's the problem with Europe. They change too s l o w.

eerm do you vote conservatives? you sound like you do from youre threads.
                      If so i wonder if you see the irony in your comment?

Comment

I'm a moderate.

And an Imperialist.

Hah.
                        -Hernan Cortez

Comment

I'm a moderate.

And an Imperialist.

Hah.
                          whats a moderate imperialist?

Comment

Me.
                            -Hernan Cortez

Comment

So, what does a moderate imperialist do? Beat the crap out of the natives and then give a "I come in peace" speech?

Me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X