• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noooo!! They Want to Shoot Koalas!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science...eut/index.html

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Serious question to the Aussies: is Koala fur, well, usable? Like fox, mink etc. I have one of those little bears (?) on me, it wasn't all pleasant...
    "You can't change the rules in the middle of the game."
    "Hey, you just made that rule up."

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

Originally posted by Dicke Bertha
      Serious question to the Aussies: is Koala fur, well, usable? Like fox, mink etc. I have one of those little bears (?) on me, it wasn't all pleasant...
      Sorry, couldn't tell ya. But Koala's aren't as cute as they look, at least not the males. I've seen documentaries where they attack a female with a baby on her back, and rape her. They don't care that the baby's trying for all it's worth not to fall out of the tree.

Apparently they're being shot because they're full of clemidia. I don't think anyone would dare try and make money out of them.

Comment

Better yet how do they taste?!

A similar thing happened several years back here in the US. Deer hunting was banned on a US Navy range after pressure from various anti-hunting groups. After a few years the deer were starving to death from over population. Hunters were broght in to remedy the situation. In this instance it was mostly disabled hunters.

When an animal has no predation it will over breed its habitat. It strikes me as funny how so many of the so called "enviromentalist" don't know a damn thing about the enviroment or nature.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog

A similar thing happened several years back here in the US. Deer hunting was banned on a US Navy range after pressure from various anti-hunting groups. After a few years the deer were starving to death from over population. Hunters were broght in to remedy the situation. In this instance it was mostly disabled hunters.

When an animal has no predation it will over breed its habitat. It strikes me as funny how so many of the so called "enviromentalist" don't know a damn thing about the enviroment or nature.
          The same thing happened on an island off South Australia about a year ago. The Koalas were starving to death through over-breeding and had to be culled. Of course the women wanted them shipped to the mainland.

Anyway in the next few years you'll probably be able to come out here on a safari tour and shoot a few crocs BigDog. They're starting to get pretty numerous up North and moving further inland. At the moment they're protected. What a joke!

Comment

Do I sense a sneaky attack on women

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog

Theres a difference between environmentalists and animal rights activists, although im sure some get confused to what the hell they are. Animal rights activists only consider the rights of an animal as an individual with various levels of 'rights' for different levels of animals, with no consideration for environment /habitat.

Environmentalists consider the whole picture and would support such a move, as regrettable as it is.

As far as taste goes its probably like eating meat marinated in eucalyptus oil, so you get a feed and clear your nose at the same time
              Last edited by Temujin; 30 Apr 04, 14:23.
              Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Answer the question man, how do they taste, Chlamydia (!) or not.

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

I'm not an animal activist, I would just find it difficult to shoot a Koala.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                  --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
                    I'm not an animal activist, I would just find it difficult to shoot a Koala.
                    As far as taste goes its probably like eating meat marinated in eucalyptus oil, so you get a feed and clear your nose at the same time

Theres is no other option that wont cause the animal to suffer in the long run, they cannot be moved or else they wonder around the bush looking for their territory till they get run over or eaten by a dog, and you cant leave em to destroy an environment that could sustain a healthy population of koalas.

Just one of those hard decisions in life.
                    Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

I know, just think of someone you don't like. Squezzzzzze.....

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

Originally posted by Dicke Bertha
                        I know, just think of someone you don't like. Squezzzzzze.....
                        Im sure you would have plenty of inspiration when your in the BUSH!

Comment

We have plenty of "enviromentalist" here in the states that live in big cities and the sub-urbs that dont know jack about the enviroment. These yahoos have pushed through such enlightened measures as no controlled burns out west where in the last decade or so we have had some enormous forest fires due to an over abundance of brush.

I agree 100% on the animal rights groups. They are finding it harder and harder to opperate here in the states since awarness about them and there activities are becomming more widely known.

I couldn't go down there on safari since all my guns are semi's. Where I grew up is prime Aligator country and I understand Crocs are more agressive, so I am sure they can be quite a nuisance.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                            Berlin.1945
                            by casanova
                            The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                            Yesterday, 23:41
                          • casanova
                            AW 169M
                            by casanova
                            The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                            Yesterday, 23:26
                          • JBark
                            What changed?
                            by JBark
                            There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                            Yesterday, 18:54
                          Working...
                          X