Rumsfeld called as witness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumsfeld called as witness

The lawyer for Hussein is accusing the US of selling WMD to Saddam and is going to call Rumsfeld (the "travelling salesman for toxins and poisons") to testify in Saddam's trial with respect to Anthrax. Kissinger is also on the plate.

He also told CBS that the USA will probably try to kill Saddam before the trial.

This is going to be an interesting trial, heh.
    "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

I would not be surprised if more US officials are called. Maybe Americans will get to learn how we build dictators and support their atrocities through reckless foriegn policy............yeah like they're going to allow that.
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
      I would not be surprised if more US officials are called. Maybe Americans will get to learn how we build dictators and support their atrocities through reckless foriegn policy............yeah like they're going to allow that.
      I cant see it happening either
      Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Probably right, but just imagine how entertaining it would be if the Whitehouse allowed it! It'd make the OJ Simpson trial look smalltime.
        "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
          You can invite a lot of people at that trial, from all the world. The important thing to know, it is how the Americans will control it. It wouldn't be surprising if in that trial the media obtained a lot of information about Russia, France or Germany, and quasi nothing about USA or Great Britain.

LaPalice.
          Monsieur de La Palice est mort
          Mort devant Pavie.
          Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
          Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Originally posted by LaPalice
            You can invite a lot of people at that trial, from all the world. The important thing to know, it is how the Americans will control it. It wouldn't be surprising if in that trial the media obtained a lot of information about Russia, France or Germany, and quasi nothing about USA or Great Britain.

LaPalice.
            Interesting, i think it will endup being an interesting event to follow and how the US chooses to handle it, tell the truth it will look bad, cover it up it will look bad, blame everyone else now that might just work. Depends how stupid Joe public is i guess.
            Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Originally posted by Temujin
              Interesting, i think it will endup being an interesting event to follow and how the US chooses to handle it, tell the truth it will look bad, cover it up it will look bad, blame everyone else now that might just work. Depends how stupid Joe public is i guess.
              In fact I didn't well write my post, as I wanted that the first part, saying that not only Rumsfeld can be invited to the Saddam's trial but a lot of people in fact, was at least as long as the second part of the post .

LaPalice.
              Monsieur de La Palice est mort
              Mort devant Pavie.
              Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
              Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X