Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Guided....Rocks?

Tornados to drop 'concrete bombs'

Interesting article, I guess the 1,000 pound laser guided concrete bombs would rely purely on pure kinetic energy which it gains from it's descent to knock out enemy armour. Don't see how this is going to work against enemy artillery pieces though as the article suggests, though I suppose being laser guided their intended to come crashing down on the arty piece itself.
    -----------------------------------
    Sings we a song of wolves.
    Who smells fear and slays the coward.
    Sings we a song of man.
    Who smells gold and slays his brother

In The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein (I think that is title and author, it's been many years since I read it) the Moon colony rebels against Earth and bombards Earth with huge moon boulders. The boulders crash into the Earth with devastating effect and the Earth fights back with nukes.

Perhaps the developer of the concrete bomb reads old sci-fi novels.
    And we are here as on a darkling plain
    Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
    Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Matthew Arnold

Comment

Originally posted by Brevet
      In The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein (I think that is title and author, it's been many years since I read it) the Moon colony rebels against Earth and bombards Earth with huge moon boulders. The boulders crash into the Earth with devastating effect and the Earth fights back with nukes.

Perhaps the developer of the concrete bomb reads old sci-fi novels.
      Yes will they have the clever computer to help them to realize this project

We return to good old time where gun's bullet where stone made

Der WanderMiddleAgeArtillery
      The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
      JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
      The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Well, wasn't it Einstein who said the fourth world war will be fought with rocks and sticks
        "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
        which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
        The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
        returned to its home base."

Comment

Originally posted by mr_clark
          Well, wasn't it Einstein who said the fourth world war will be fought with rocks and sticks
          Der Dritte Welt Krieg ist genug

Der WanderMinusEins
          The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
          JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
          The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Interesting link. Does anyone know if any of these where every dropped. If so it would be interesting to know how effective they were.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

reminds me of the old 'Thor's Hammer' system a bunch of sci-fi writers came up with. Basiclly guided metal rods dropped from space, pure kinetic energy weapons for use against tanks and such.
              "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

Interesting concept.

Comment

Well, I thought I may be serious now.
                  I tink the concept is not bad but quite good, I mean you don't have to think about good explosives and such.
                  Furthermore it would surely work, as the system is virtually the same as for a SABOT round fired by a tank gun etc. --> so the good old kinetic penetrator. Only problem may be to really hit as proximity hits and stuff won't work here I guess.
                  "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                  which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                  The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                  returned to its home base."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X