X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priest
    replied
    Originally posted by jlbetin
    Me too, what a good writer, and the funiest thing his 3 robot rules could be the basis for the future IA.

Really Asimov is a great one, as Arthur C Clarke, Van Vogt or Conwainder Smith.

Der WanderSFLover
    You ought to try Ray Bradbury as well, The Martian Chronicles is a classic.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by jlbetin
    Me too, what a good writer, and the funiest thing his 3 robot rules could be the basis for the future IA.
    I find it amazing just how many writers have used this for the basis of their own Novels - Azimov has set a standard that others follow.

Leave a comment:

• jlbetin
    replied
    Originally posted by Priest
    Yes Dan I've read most of Asimov's novels.

Really Asimov is a great one, as Arthur C Clarke, Van Vogt or Conwainder Smith.

Der WanderSFLover

Leave a comment:

• Priest
    replied
    Yes Dan I've read most of Asimov's novels.

Leave a comment:

• laszlo.nemedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheetah772
    Why would I want to ban AI efforts? I honestly don't think they will hurt human beings or knock down religious doctrines.

I'm not interested in forcing people to go back to Dark Age as if it would solve everything.

Dan
    Actually I had bad feelings about AI, as its aim to work like a human brain, so it is not only about modernization. It is the same philosofical like the human genetics modification, the difference the genetics achived more in these days...

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah772
    replied
    Originally posted by laszlo.nemedi
    AI is still far from the human brain, and will be in the near future. However it could be a real help for human (just like the kitchen machines...).

Cheetah as real Christian, you should ban AI efforts...
    Why would I want to ban AI efforts? I honestly don't think they will hurt human beings or knock down religious doctrines.

I'm not interested in forcing people to go back to Dark Age as if it would solve everything.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah772
    replied
    Originally posted by Temujin
    we had a similar debate in a philosophy class once, theres a bit written on it and it connects god and soul to prospects of artificial intelligence becoming as smart as humans blah blah, you seem to think it is impossible and i knew you have religious 'convictions'
    Yup...and I tend to avoid these philosophy classes. I was forced to take one as one of required courses for graduation, and luckily I passed it, got a B+.

Too many philosophical questions tend to make my head explode.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• laszlo.nemedi
    replied
    AI is still far from the human brain, and will be in the near future. However it could be a real help for human (just like the kitchen machines...).

Cheetah as real Christian, you should ban AI efforts...

Leave a comment:

• Temujin
    replied
    No, I'm not confused, it is just an interesting observation.

Why do you think I am confused?

Dan
    we had a similar debate in a philosophy class once, theres a bit written on it and it connects god and soul to prospects of artificial intelligence becoming as smart as humans blah blah, you seem to think it is impossible and i knew you have religious 'convictions'

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah772
    replied
    Originally posted by Temujin
    you sure you are not getting confused with philosophical arguments about the soul and god and ra ra ra?
    No, I'm not confused, it is just an interesting observation.

Why do you think I am confused?

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Temujin
    replied
    Sure! And where would this question come from? That's right, the programming code.

Anyway, I think the best bet would be to integrate biochemistry into robotic technology. The cells themselves can hold a lot of information, thousands of times more than a single hard drive could contain.

With advances in nanotechnology, this could also lead to new generations of more "intelligent" robots. But would this put the robots on par with human intelligence, somehow I doubt this, but who knows...

Dan
    you sure you are not getting confused with philosophical arguments about the soul and god and ra ra ra?

Leave a comment:

• Ivan Rapkinov
    replied
    we need quantumn computers first...

...then a perpetual motion engine

Leave a comment:

• Prester John
    replied
    Probably...but then I don't know anything about the current robotic technology.

Dan
    Current robotic technology isn't really applicable because it truly is governed by the restrictions of coding that you were describing. There has to be a practical leap in self learning computers before we will see Asimovs robots, and that is not going to happen in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah772
    replied
    Originally posted by Prester John
    You're on the wrong track if you want Asimov's robots.
    Probably...but then I don't know anything about the current robotic technology.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Prester John
    replied
    You're on the wrong track if you want Asimov's robots.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X