No announcement yet.

Isaac Asimov's "I, Robot" novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI is still far from the human brain, and will be in the near future. However it could be a real help for human (just like the kitchen machines...).

Cheetah as real Christian, you should ban AI efforts...
    a brain cell

Comment

Originally posted by Temujin
      we had a similar debate in a philosophy class once, theres a bit written on it and it connects god and soul to prospects of artificial intelligence becoming as smart as humans blah blah, you seem to think it is impossible and i knew you have religious 'convictions'
      Yup...and I tend to avoid these philosophy classes. I was forced to take one as one of required courses for graduation, and luckily I passed it, got a B+.

Too many philosophical questions tend to make my head explode.

Dan
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by laszlo.nemedi
        AI is still far from the human brain, and will be in the near future. However it could be a real help for human (just like the kitchen machines...).

Cheetah as real Christian, you should ban AI efforts...
        Why would I want to ban AI efforts? I honestly don't think they will hurt human beings or knock down religious doctrines.

I'm not interested in forcing people to go back to Dark Age as if it would solve everything.

Dan
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772
          Why would I want to ban AI efforts? I honestly don't think they will hurt human beings or knock down religious doctrines.

I'm not interested in forcing people to go back to Dark Age as if it would solve everything.

Dan
          Actually I had bad feelings about AI, as its aim to work like a human brain, so it is not only about modernization. It is the same philosofical like the human genetics modification, the difference the genetics achived more in these days...
          a brain cell

Comment

Yes Dan I've read most of Asimov's novels.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
              Yes Dan I've read most of Asimov's novels.
              Me too, what a good writer, and the funiest thing his 3 robot rules could be the basis for the future IA.

Really Asimov is a great one, as Arthur C Clarke, Van Vogt or Conwainder Smith.

Der WanderSFLover
              The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
              JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
              The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Originally posted by jlbetin
                Me too, what a good writer, and the funiest thing his 3 robot rules could be the basis for the future IA.
                I find it amazing just how many writers have used this for the basis of their own Novels - Azimov has set a standard that others follow.
                "Teamwork is essential - it gives the Enemy someone else to shoot at"

Comment

Originally posted by jlbetin

Really Asimov is a great one, as Arthur C Clarke, Van Vogt or Conwainder Smith.

Der WanderSFLover
                  You ought to try Ray Bradbury as well, The Martian Chronicles is a classic.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X