the situation of the new countries going to EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the situation of the new countries going to EU

The latest poll shows that Hungary (and the other countries going to EU) has to face the folliwing situation:

only small part (around 1 percent) of the population would like to work in the "old" EU countries, but they are highly educated, young (mostly) men, but many (highly educated) women would like to go abroad, which means we lost brains and taxpayers (the "old" EU gains them).

Until now it seemed the old EU will be invaded by low class workers from Eastern EU, but it seems the real situation differs...

Does not look right for me, but who knows what will happen...
    a brain cell

Originally posted by laszlo.nemedi
    The latest poll shows that Hungary (and the other countries going to EU) has to face the folliwing situation:

only small part (around 1 percent) of the population would like to work in the "old" EU countries, but they are highly educated, young (mostly) men, but many (highly educated) women would like to go abroad, which means we lost brains and taxpayers (the "old" EU gains them).

Until now it seemed the old EU will be invaded by low class workers from Eastern EU, but it seems the real situation differs...

Does not look right for me, but who knows what will happen...
    I'm sure big business would like all that cheap labour oozing onto the market, it might be an alternative to outsourcing to other countries.

Good news about your women wanting to come abroad too, send em over here!
    Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Originally posted by Temujin
      I'm sure big business would like all that cheap labour oozing onto the market, it might be an alternative to outsourcing to other countries.

Good news about your women wanting to come abroad too, send em over here!
      Be afraid! I will stop the finest girls here
      a brain cell

Comment

Be afraid! I will stop the finest girls here
        It is against free trade !

LaPalice.
        Monsieur de La Palice est mort
        Mort devant Pavie.
        Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
        Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Originally posted by LaPalice
          It is against free trade !

LaPalice.
          OK I want Alizee as exchange
          a brain cell

Comment

OK I want Alizee as exchange
            That can work .

LaPalice.
            Mort devant Pavie.

Comment

That can work .

LaPalice.
              deal
              a brain cell

Comment

In the long run EU expansion will work for eastern and western Europe but change always bring some pain. For me I don't mind eastern Europeans coming to work here. There are tens of thousands here already. The only people I don't like are Roma who beg on the streets. Maybe there are good ones too and we don't know about them.

Immigrant workers = GOOD

Immigrant parasites = BAD

IMO
                http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Here Alizee :

LaPalice.
                  Attached Files
                  Mort devant Pavie.

Comment

The new countries joining the E.U. are treated a little different.

In the old E.U. it was fundamental that everybody could work everywhere. Anyone from Portugal could go to France for a job or a German could hang out in southern Spain if they found food and shelter.

The new countries do not share this, a person from Poland is not free to just hunt for a job in Germany.

This is not only done to protect the richer countries (not that Germany will be one much longer...) from cheap workers.

This is as much done to prevent the poorer countries from losing the cream of of their flexible and capable people.

One example making people sensitive against this is the eastern part of Germany (the former Soviet occupied zone), where basically everybody who is intelligent and flexible goes to the West, leaving the East with the idiots and people afraid of change. Interestingly, young women are more eager to leave than young men. In any case, this is a huge problem.

If the center E.U. would suddenly suck all the bright people out of the new E.U. countries in the East you would doom them to never get on their feet.

Comment

I think it is unfair to treat members of the same club differently. Sure it could put some strain on the EU institution as such, and I sure hope it would force a restructure on e.g. the mad budgeting (=agriculture primarily).

Of course there are many problems involved. Regarding draining the new members of skilled workforce, well that would be balanced by the strain on "unskilled" labour in the old member state. Thus a fair lose-lose situation. No just kidding, I think one should not look at it statcally, it would mean a healthy competition, an an incitement to improve on a national basis. Friendly and fair competition. Of course, it could be some tough years, before a balance would be established.

I remember when Sweden joined the EU, there was much (narcissistic) talk about huge amounts of labour from southern Europe coming up to us, thus "endangering" jobs for the Swedes. Well, I think it showed to be some hundred per year... We have had a brain-drain for decades, mainly because salaries are low and taxes high here, some but not all return home with new skills and experiences. Our country still survives, of course not performing optimally, but...Point is, it is still mainly what a single nation does within its own framework that will affect its chances to prosper. The Slovaks have the most radical approach, I read about them reforming the tax-system, substantially lowering taxes overall. That kind of changes I think will produce far more long-reaching effects on migration and competition. I don't know the present status there though.
                      "You can't change the rules in the middle of the game."
                      "Hey, you just made that rule up."

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

Here Alizee :

LaPalice.
                        A Hungarian girl (censored) in exchange...
                        Attached Files
                        a brain cell

Comment

here's a real one from my hometown, http://www.megangale.20m.com/cgi-bin/i/m3.jpg

the pic is grainy tho
                          Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Kwinana??? (oe Swinging-Pig?)

between the skanks and the smokestacks, Gale mutated into something wonderful.

Please do not try and convince our foriegn friends that Kwinana actually has anyone else worthwhile
                            Now listening too;
                            - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Rapkinov
                              Kwinana??? (oe Swinging-Pig?)

between the skanks and the smokestacks, Gale mutated into something wonderful.

Please do not try and convince our foriegn friends that Kwinana actually has anyone else worthwhile
                              hehehe, i was refering to Perth, but im not too far from Kwinana, i'm in Maddington, equally as insignificant as Kwinana, at least im with my working class bretheren, not those cappachino quaffing nancy's in the north.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X