Multiple monitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple monitors?

Does anyone know what is needed to split your screen into several smaller ones?

E.g. it could be nice for example when writing an AAR to have your word document appear at the bottom of the screen, and the TOAW interface at the top. As it is now, I have to jump between programs, only one can be shown at a time...(?)

I suspect it would require some special graphics card? I have a TV-out card but never used it for the TV, could it be used to show one interface on my computor screen and an other on the TV set?
    Or could I attach a laptop somewhere as a second screen?

"You can't change the rules in the middle of the game."
    "Hey, you just made that rule up."

Heil Dicke Bertha!

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for. I have ACOW and it is a windowed program. I have it open and off to one side of this instance of Netscape. I must admit I have an 18" flat panel running at 1280 x 1024 so I can see half of the map right now, but I could resize the windows so that ACOW is mostly in the top half and Netscape is mostly in the bottom.

Or are you asking about using two monitors? My video card is a dual head (two connections) card and the NVidia software allows me to display an extended region of the desktop on my digital TV or another monitor. For PC gaming I use the extra monitor (1024x768) and not the TV (852x480) because it has better resolution. My laptop video card can also extend the screen but some laptops may only be able to copy (clone) the screen on the second monitor. See if you can add your desktop monitor to your laptop and configure it for an extended screen and then drag the ACOW window over to the second monitor while you write in the laptop's normal screen.

I don't think TV-out will be of any use to you unless it has software associated with it to display a part of your desktop instead of a (PAL?) TV signal.

Comment

Some (actually very few)games allow you to go into window mode (alt + enter) instead of full screen.

Not sure if TOAW is one of them though.
      -----------------------------------
      Sings we a song of wolves.
      Who smells fear and slays the coward.
      Sings we a song of man.
      Who smells gold and slays his brother

Comment

Well thanks, it proved to be a really silly question.
        Reading your answers I tried again; now I can have TOAW and other programs active and running, all visble, and clicking on one doesn't make the other disappear. (It did before, perhaps it is simply a placement of the open programs that is important, not on top of each other?). When I place word, Expolorer and TOAW side by side I can switch between them easily without problems!

Great thanks guys! Especially useful this will be when writing AARs or issuing orders for our ongoing multiplayer DnO-game. Which by the way needs another player! See in the TOAW section, DnO multiplayer threads!

Again Prester and Wolfleader thanks! I have lived very long in ignorance

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

Why, you want to post messages in "Current Events" and "Military History" simultaneously, using two monitors? That sounds like a great idea actually.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
          --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
            Why, you want to post messages in "Current Events" and "Military History" simultaneously, using two monitors? That sounds like a great idea actually.
            Yes it is, and it is not mine but yours

Also when watching TV so so disinterestedly, it would be nice to have all available channels shown as miniatures around the edges of the TV screen, and be able to switch to the mostintersting one, with the others still visible at the edges. Perhaps such TVs exist.

I suppose I am not the most hi tech person around...

Heil Dicke Bertha!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X