Conservatives 36
    Fascist 13

Right loose at least 19 regions over 22

At now only Alsace stay on right.

This is a grave defiance vote against French rightist politic

From Boulogne Billancourt, It was

Der Wanderjournalist
    The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
    JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
    The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Hello,

Oh, please. France's conservatives aren't on the Right, at least to me. The French conservatives are more like liberals, hardly the same as American conservatives.

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

The left wins, it is a good news. The stupid policy of the government is penalized.

LaPalice.
      Monsieur de La Palice est mort
      Mort devant Pavie.
      Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
      Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Out of pure curiosity, exactly how much power do the French provinces have over themselves and their government?
        "the only reason tanks were effective during WWI was that the troops were too busy laughing to fight back"

Comment

Until recently the region didn't have many power, as everything was decided in Paris. But since 20 years they have more power because of the "decentralization" and have to take many decision in education, public infrastructures...

LaPalice.
          Mort devant Pavie.

Comment

Thank you. Do you think that France is better or worse off with this new decentralization? In my opinion a country must find its own balance between centralization and decentralization that works for it specifically.
            "the only reason tanks were effective during WWI was that the troops were too busy laughing to fight back"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772
              Hello,

Oh, please. France's conservatives aren't on the Right, at least to me. The French conservatives are more like liberals, hardly the same as American conservatives.

Dan
              Since when is left and right judged by American standards? It's a sliding scale unique to all states, I must say your comment is truly lame-arse.

BTW, what is scary is the Fascist vote, is that a party called Fascists, or is that just an epistomological generalisation on your part jlbetin? They might be more your ideal of a conservative party Dan.
              Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

I heard that Chirac was in trouble politically.

Comment

Originally posted by Temujin
                  Since when is left and right judged by American standards? It's a sliding scale unique to all states, I must say your comment is truly lame-arse.

BTW, what is scary is the Fascist vote, is that a party called Fascists, or is that just an epistomological generalisation on your part jlbetin? They might be more your ideal of a conservative party Dan.
                  I too was surprised to see Fascist there. Maybe it's a loose translation of One Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Prester John
                    I too was surprised to see Fascist there. Maybe it's a loose translation of One Nation.
                    You mean Sporting Shooters Anonymous... :rolleyes
                    Now listening too;
                    - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Rapkinov
                      You mean Sporting Shooters Anonymous... :rolleyes
                      Every nation has their own burden to bear, and I just wish ours were more literate and capable of cogent thought.

Comment

the facists.....Le Pen's FN????
                        French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

At least a piece of good news for the country . 14 ministers were candidating for heading the executive of a region - all of them were defeated. Our prime minister did run for 14 years a region (Poitou-Charentes to be exact) before being called to lead the government - the protégée he has placed at the head of his region was also trashed by the left. Good riddance to them all .

Originally posted by Priest
                          I heard that Chirac was in trouble politically.
                          Indeed. He is more or less naked now...
                          Originally posted by screamer
                          the facists.....Le Pen's FN????
                          Yes, if you call things by their name. Though their results remain on a rather high-tide mark, at least their electoral progression has ceased and even shows signs of erosion in some regions.

Comment

Well, the thing I like most about it is Raffarin's reaction...
                            "We might have to see consequences arise from this..."

Now I just hope things start to get better over here...
                            Nevertheless, good luck with your new government neighbors!!!
                            "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                            which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                            The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                            returned to its home base."

Comment

Originally posted by fulcrum7
                              Thank you. Do you think that France is better or worse off with this new decentralization? In my opinion a country must find its own balance between centralization and decentralization that works for it specifically.
                              Difficult to say. Me I prefer the centralization around the power in Paris. The problem with the region is that now there are different manners to deal a problem, and then there is not a equality between all the French citizen, from all the country.
                              In fact with the decentralization, the government simply pass problems off onto the regions.

LaPalice.
                              Mort devant Pavie.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X