Watch Rumsfeld squirm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Rumsfeld squirm...

...like the lying (insert appropriate expletive here) he is!

Caught lying on, called on it, and it's all on camera...

LoL...and one of the richest twists is that that's Friedman who's shoving Rummy's balls in the vise!
    I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

It surprises me that the White House is willing to invest so much time and energy to explain itself. It's not that there's a raging anti-war movement in USA; quite on the contrary. The recent polls indicate most Americans believe the elimination of the Hussein regime was worth it. Instead of squirming and trying to explain what he was really thinking when he was thinking what he was thinking Rumsfled should come forward and say: "we followed a course we thought was the correct one with the intelligence available prior to the invasion".

What's wrong with saying that Saddam was using state funds to pay salaries to terrorists in Syria and Palestine? Syria and Palestinians are some of the top enemies of USA as well as premier terrorist states in the world, eliminating their sugardaddy is going to save a lot of innocent people.

Nobody expected them to have all the answers a year ago because it was a gamble from day one and the public knew it.
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 17 Mar 04, 13:32.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
      Nobody expected them to have all the answers a year ago because it was a gamble from day one and the public knew it.
      The problem with the Bush Administration is that it thought it needed to have all the answers a year ago.
      "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

heh. That would be amusing if it wasn't indicative of just how big these guys lie.
        "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Hello,

How long will the liberals ever learn Bush or Rumsfeld didn't lie? They believed they had to act on the basis of intelligence received. The intelligence isn't an exact science. Anybody would be foolish to believe that the intelligence received would be one hundred percent perfect. It's just a pure fantasy.

Dan
          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Cheetah if you could take of your rosey colored republican glasses and look at the Iraq intellingence situation you would see there is a problem.

1. The intellengence was flawed. If so we need to take steps to improve our intellengece gathering. Yes it is never an exact science but there is always room for improvement.

2. The administration flat out lied. Again another problem of another nature.

We were justified in going into Iraq under the cease fire conditions, and I am to lazy to go look up whatever UN resolution it was under. However the administration had all these other reason which have not stood up well.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog
              Cheetah if you could take of your rosey colored republican glasses and look at the Iraq intellingence situation you would see there is a problem.

1. The intellengence was flawed. If so we need to take steps to improve our intellengece gathering. Yes it is never an exact science but there is always room for improvement.
              Agreed.

2. The administration flat out lied. Again another problem of another nature.
              How can the administration lie if it believes what it is seeing in the intelligence received, even if it's only flawed? I don't think the administration believed the intelligence was flawed in the first place. Numerous people believed the same thing as Bush did, including the Congress which received the same kind of intelligence.

I don't think Bush had malice in his intent when he informed America that we were going to invade Iraq to finish the business once for all.

We were justified in going into Iraq under the cease fire conditions, and I am to lazy to go look up whatever UN resolution it was under. However the administration had all these other reason which have not stood up well.
              Agreed, but I think the cease-fire conditions were just one of many factors that led us to invade Iraq. After all, the cease-fire conditions required the UN authorization to force Iraq to disarm, which we certainly never received.

Dan
              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

That was an either/or situation with 1 and 2. You may have mistook that part.

Technically under the cease fire conditions when he kicked the inspectors out hostilities resumed. I do remember that much of it without going and looking. So no we didn't have to ask the UN for jack. Under the conditions ANY of the original coalition nations could have took action.

I think going back into Iraq was a good thing. I thing President Bush Sr. missed a golden oppertunity by not supporting the inserection there after the first gulf war. I just question some of the reasons we as a nation were given. Remeber the government supposedly had concrete intellegence on WMDs and their locations. So far we haven't really turned up anything. That said I still think something will turn up. Sadam managed to hide out for how long in a hole in the ground and he had to come up for food and air so to speak.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X