Unreal Tournament 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament 2004

This game has received one of the highest scores (9.4 out of 10) ever granted by Gamespot in this genre or any other. Even Call of Duty which I consider a textbook example of FPS design perfection got only 9.0.

As a rule, almost nobody passes the 9.0 score line unless the designers have done something out of this world. Also, the more sequels of the same game, the more critical reviews you see. I salute Epic and I think fondly about the day in 1998 when I first saw the original Unreal and played it with zeal to the completion of my adventure on the planet of the Nalis.

Unfortunately, I won't try UT2004 because even the previous incarnation was already too demanding for my aging box.
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 16 Mar 04, 21:48.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

My 12yr old son is getting this game, and fortunately our 1.4Ghz AMD with Geforce2 GTS/Pro is able to play it.

He's also into Call Of Duty.

Myself, I'm playing Operation Flashpoint, and waiting for the new version sometime next year.

In the meantime, ASL beckons.
    "I'm all ears." - Dolph Lundgren

Comment

I'm going to try it. UT2003 wasn't that good, but this one is getting good reviews. Can't wait for DoomIII.
      Editor-in-Chief
      GameSquad.com

Comment

Hello,

Well, I would rather wait for Doom 3 and Half Life 2. Never liked multiplayer games anyway...the only exception is World War Two Online or WWIIOL.

www.wwiionline.com

There's a free trial version, try it out, you'll love it, that is you're really into historically accurate vehicles and simulation...

Dan
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Day of Defeat, a half-life mod, is really fun.

I am going to try 2004 also. They have a special boxed set with headphones and other goodies for only $30.00 US, and I am gonna grab one. If the game sucks, I have an extra set of phones at least.

Goblin
          Mega Campaign Screaming Eagles and Das Reich Design Team Member
          DAS REICH CAMPAIGN, and THE SPWaW ICON GUIDE AVAILABLE AT: The SP:WaW Depot
          In difficult ground, press on. In encircled ground, devise strategems. In death ground, fight.

Comment

flashpoint 2, its 2005...but will probably be delayed several times, however i picked up on a couple of forums that there is a new addon disk on the way. [i don't beleve it]
            French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

Well ,I was playing the UT 2004 demo with some friends on a LAN this weekend and it was a lot of fun, O.K., apart from that I had to set resolution down to 800*600*32 to have it run smoothly in all cases... and that the full version will need roughly 6GB HDD space is not that favourable if you just have 20GB hard disk like me.
              "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
              which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
              The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
              returned to its home base."

Comment

6 GB !! what , thats insane. howmany cd's would be in the box then?
                French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

Originally posted by screamer
                  6 GB !! what , thats insane. howmany cd's would be in the box then?

Don't know now but a friend of mine hopes he will get his preorder copy today, so I guess I can tell you by the end of the week.
                  "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                  which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                  The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                  returned to its home base."

Comment

Originally posted by mr_clark
                    Don't know now but a friend of mine hopes he will get his preorder copy today, so I guess I can tell you by the end of the week.
                    Six CDs.

Dan
                    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Doom III.

Comment

I'm hoping Doom III is going to be worth the wait!
                        Black & blue from the TOAW learning curve!

Comment

well, im ready ive been playing doom II during multimedia lessons at school.

the screens from doom III look insane, however id prefer half life 2

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772
                            Six CDs.

Dan
                            We pre-ordered the DVD version of UT2004.
                            "I'm all ears." - Dolph Lundgren

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Canuck
                              We pre-ordered the DVD version of UT2004.
                              And how many DVDs is that?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                              --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X