It is absolutely criminal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is absolutely criminal...

...to be working on such a gorgeously spectacular day, as today.

Not a cloud in the sky, and it's 68 degrees F, at 8 o'clock in the morning. During the morning commute, me in my beat up old truck and grandma in her Taurus get separated by a propitious red light from the pack of cars struggling to get to work. Oh well...suppose I can bask in the glory of the morning sun sensuously warming my breast like a languid lover as it softly beams through my windshield. Now, away from the grind, the light changes and the open road awaits (as open as it gets in modern-day suburbia) and as I get another couple of lights down the road, slowing for the next red one, I notice the young blonde, rolling her full hips through her jeans as she walks up to the street crossing, the intersection crossing so enraptured with her approach that it changes just for her! Brief thoughts of younger days pass through my mind and my gentlemanly desire to give her a lift is stricken from my mind by the fact that I'm a lane too far to the left. On to work and in a few more lights (oh how short it lasts) I catch up to the rest of the crowd who left me behind just a brief moment in time before. Did they notice how beautiful the day was? Or were they too busy clawing and jockeying for positions that granted them naught, in the grand scheme of their commute?

Never forget...Life is Grand!
    I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Yep, you cherish days like that.

Comment

Please enjoy the weather for me We're expecting a pretty good snowstorm
      today/tonight 6-10 inches - looking forward to sledding w/my kids
      Black & blue from the TOAW learning curve!

Comment

Down here in NYC we're already getting blasted. Snow till early afternoon, then sleet, then rain. Nice!
        Even Jesus will never forgive what you do - Bob Dylan

Comment

Erie getting hit with snow too.

Goblin
          Mega Campaign Screaming Eagles and Das Reich Design Team Member
          DAS REICH CAMPAIGN, and THE SPWaW ICON GUIDE AVAILABLE AT: The SP:WaW Depot
          In difficult ground, press on. In encircled ground, devise strategems. In death ground, fight.

Comment

WHQ Hungarian weather reporter reports:

here nice 15 celsius weather, nice girls in skirt, pizza, etc...
            a brain cell

Comment

Hi,

Here is Paris blue sky, birds singing and 23°celcius.
              At 12:20 I was with my dog on the grass at the Vincennes Wood ( eastern part of Paris) eating a sandwich that my beloved dog try to catch.
              The leaves begin to apear, nice small wind hummmmmmmm

That's a nice day

Der WanderPoet
              The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
              JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
              The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Well,
                In my basement we have lovely 16°C, no winds, nice white ceiling and outside is not much different 'cept it is dark by now, so time to go for a walk.

When I was outside to do my daily 5 kilometers this morning I had a nice low cloud cover and a little rain, err, so I should better move to Paris where you have weather that makes you feel a little less dissapointed when you walk...
                "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                returned to its home base."

Comment

Originally posted by mr_clark
                  Well,
                  In my basement we have lovely 16°C, no winds, nice white ceiling and outside is not much different 'cept it is dark by now, so time to go for a walk.

When I was outside to do my daily 5 kilometers this morning I had a nice low cloud cover and a little rain, err, so I should better move to Paris where you have weather that makes you feel a little less dissapointed when you walk...
                  Arbeiten in Deutschland, und leben in Frankreich wie ein Got

Richtig

L'érrant
                  The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
                  JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
                  The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Just finished shoveling - approx 6" - 15cm+ - still snowing heavily - of course
                    the puppy could care less - maybe Jam is too busy

Comment

My 78 year old widower neighbor is sitting across the street in a fold up chair, his garage full of woodworking tools idle, as he chats with my next door neighbor, whose husband passed on a few years back. It's still about 75 degrees, F, and the dusk is finally settling in with a quiet breeze from off the bay, some 8 miles to the Northwest. A lone goose overhead breaks the lazy tranquility, and the occasional car wooshes through the neighborhood at low speed, the drivers gawking at the young families taking their evening strolls around the block. My belly's full with all but the last two bites of a killer sandwich (the oldest daughter wanted the rest - once she found out it had bacon in it), a Clausen pickle spear and crushed chicharrones (in lieu of real potato chips). Suppose I should go shopping...

Life is wonderful.
                      I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Working in the beautiful weather with a full on view of the bay from the bay bridge to Mt. Tamalpais, looking over downtown San Francisco and the Transamerica tower to the far horizon of the Pacific ocean. That's to your left, to the right is Claremont canyon and red tailed hawks soaring not 100 yards away. Driving down the hill after work, stopping off at Peet's coffee at the bottom and sipping away in the quiet oak-shaded plaza. Driving home through Berkeley campus' sorority row , left on Haste down past Telegraph avenue (ah... the memories), back home without getting on the freeway, and the wife and boy are splashing their feet in the little kiddie pool on the shady side. -and it's not even daylight savings time yet. Hallelujah! spring is here!
                        ...a man that can stand up for a principle and sit down on his own stool.
                        -the Firesign Theatre

Comment

AHHHHH: Life does [email protected] sometimes - puppy needs to go out - it's snowing
                          heavily Time to kill

Comment

I was horseback riding today, but the horse got the better of me and I ended up in the dirt...again. But it was a fun way to spend and afternoon and I learned a lot.

Very nice weather here, but a tad humid.
                            Editor-in-Chief
                            GameSquad.com

Comment

I hope the humidity is al that mattters
                              I fell on the same shoulder - 3 months ago - I'm now have to be careful to
                              climb rocks
                              Last edited by Foggy; 16 Mar 04, 21:29.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X