No announcement yet.

The poll of Iraqis regarding issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The poll of Iraqis regarding issues...

Hello,

I'd thought I would set aside my ardent nationalism, and cut to the point.

Here's the poll of Iraqis regarding different issues.

Be warned, this is only one poll I've found so far, and it was given in another forum (a liberal forum, mind you). It is from BBC, so I don't know if the American polling companies have done some in Iraq.

I believe ultimately that this poll is still a bit tricky and missing some key questions, so this doesn't really reflect the entire Iraqi population's opinions. In any case, the Iraqis are the most important people in any re-building of Iraq even as Coalition members still remain there for at least a while.

Let's read what Iraqis themselves really want to say...

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Originally posted by Cheetah772
    Hello,

I'd thought I would set aside my ardent nationalism, and cut to the point.

Here's the poll of Iraqis regarding different issues.

Be warned, this is only one poll I've found so far, and it was given in another forum (a liberal forum, mind you). It is from BBC, so I don't know if the American polling companies have done some in Iraq.

I believe ultimately that this poll is still a bit tricky and missing some key questions, so this doesn't really reflect the entire Iraqi population's opinions. In any case, the Iraqis are the most important people in any re-building of Iraq even as Coalition members still remain there for at least a while.

Let's read what Iraqis themselves really want to say...

Dan
    Thanks Cheetah! Very good poll! And I know everyone can find facts for his theory in a statistic, but one question is very interesting to me:
    -around 57% says they have better life than under Saddam.
    (and see how they think of the war...)
    a brain cell

Comment

One of the few really interesting polls in recent weeks.

Thx m8!
      Maj. Reismann: "Kill every officer in sight!"
      soldier: "Ours or theirs?"

Comment

Hi Dan,

A very interesting poll. Thanks to have posted it
        A first look, the most important for Iraquis, is Security and Jobs.
        The coalition is not seen too bad.
        For question 29 the coalition forces are requested to stay until security or Iraquis governement in place for 54% of polled people, not too bad too.

One thing I don't like in it is the answer to question 24 at least 60% of people refused to answer or don't know.

Thanks again comrad Capitalist

Der WanderNeverPolled
        The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
        JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
        The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

I see that "democracy" is popular, but what sort of democracy? Russian? American? Spanish?

Comment

Interesting poll. This is quite indepth. The Iraq Center for Research and Strategic Studies have produced several polls.

August-September 2003

September-October 2003

You can also find polls at the Coalition Provisional Authority Website here. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether you believe results or not.

Tip: As a rule of thumb, bear in mind the more formal education an Iraqi has, the less likely he or she is to support an Islamic government. Instead, they will favor somekind of democracy or monarchy constitution (basically the kind of government Britian installed before it withdrew in about 75 or 80yrs ago.)
            "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Prester John
              I see that "democracy" is popular, but what sort of democracy? Russian? American? Spanish?
              Iraqis tend to favor a Parlimentary Democracy. One of the best analysis of this system (brief and to the point) can be found at Australia's Parlimentary Library. It covers both the move toward this form of democracy, and federalism. The issue of federalism has been a source of intense debate in Iraq.

Australian Parliamentary Democracy After a Century: What Gains, What Losses?
              "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by jlbetin
                Hi Dan,

A very interesting poll. Thanks to have posted it
                A first look, the most important for Iraquis, is Security and Jobs.
                The coalition is not seen too bad.
                For question 29 the coalition forces are requested to stay until security or Iraquis governement in place for 54% of polled people, not too bad too.

One thing I don't like in it is the answer to question 24 at least 60% of people refused to answer or don't know.

Thanks again comrad Capitalist

Der WanderNeverPolled
                Be careful, the question 29 was asked only who mentioned the coalition, so not the whole polled men... (if I am right)
                a brain cell

Comment

The poll looks about right.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X