I'm Upset...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Upset...

It still amazes me that so many still believe Bush "lied". The truth is, he went with the information at hand, which stated that Iraq had been actively seeking to manufacture and stockpile WMD. Senator John Kerry, Senator Hillary Clinton, Senator Nancy Pilosi, et al, had the same information, and released official statements acknowledging this and calling for the President and the world community to do something about it.

It sickens me that Bush is branded a liar, while others get-off with nary a scratch.

Now, John Kerry is claiming that world leaders (who shall remain nameless), have decided they want Kerry as President. What kind of sophomoric bullshit is that? If you can't provide even one "WORLD LEADER" to support that statement statement, then STFU! IF there truly ARE world leaders supporting Clinterry, then it would be Chirac, Putin, and any other crooked SOB who knowingly had deals with Hussein and his boys during the last 12 years!

This shows Kerry's immaturiy and his blatant disregard for the truth. His belief that the American public are retards is reminiscent of the man who started much of what you have seen hapen the last 4 years in this country. Look at his eyes and how he fiegns sincerity. It is Slick Willie Clinton in disguise, I tell you! Typical Democrat,...tell you what you want to hear with his fingers crossed and snickering to the in-crowd.

Oh, and here's a little something I heard from a friend of a friend of an enemy: "Osamma bin Laden has announced his support of John Kerry in the upcoming elections,...but we can't tell you why, or where we got that information..."

Originally posted by CPangracs
    Oh, and here's a little something I heard from a friend of a friend of an enemy: "Osamma bin Laden has announced his support of John Kerry in the upcoming elections,...but we can't tell you why, or where we got that information..."
    LOL, CP, LOL

It seems too that North Korea provide support to Senator Kerry

Der WanderLovesDemocratsButCPDon't
    The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
    JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
    The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Curt,

You're pissed? Hell...nothing close to how pissed I am. I feel the need to vote for a Democratic Presidential candidate for the first time in over 20 years, just to do what part I can in order to drive the miserable failure out of office.

I could go about refuting your points, but I doubt that either of us will convince the other, and most of the rest of the world has already made up their minds, as well...

Love him, or hate him, there seems to be only a very small middle ground with respect to GWB.
      I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

It still amazes me that so many still believe Bush "lied".
        Oh man, you have your work cut out for you...

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributor...3/27_lies.html

http://pearly-abraham.tripod.com/htmls/bushlies1.html

http://www.bushwatch.com/bushlies.htm

http://www.politicalstrategy.org/200...og_archive.htm

No complaining about the sources! Get cracking trooper! If you see anything wild, feel free to ignore it and state why (which in effect, would be disproving the lie).

I'll check on your progress in a month.
        "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJ
          Oh man, you have your work cut out for you...

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributor...3/27_lies.html

http://pearly-abraham.tripod.com/htmls/bushlies1.html

http://www.bushwatch.com/bushlies.htm

http://www.politicalstrategy.org/200...og_archive.htm

No complaining about the sources! Get cracking trooper! If you see anything wild, feel free to ignore it and state why (which in effect, would be disproving the lie).

I'll check on your progress in a month.
          Do NOT try and challenge me with crappy fly-by-night websites bent with the spin of poletoking liberals. I have access to real information that you could only drool over.

I don't have to disprove anything. It is up to YOU to prove that he lied. None of your links comes close.

Sometimes it is a curse to know what really goes on behind the scenes of the military machine, and not be able to slam the door once and for all on the posers and supposers.

I suggest you run along and go back to eating cruellers, drinking Labatt's, losing the Stanley Cup to American teams, and totally screwing-up the French language,...you know, the things most Canadians are good at.

Comment

Prove that he lied? Why would I? Those sites already did it for me. The quotes are almost all cited from rather reputable sources. But I guess if your idea of a reputable source is Ann Coulter's column, I could see why you'd despise such "tree-hugging" sources as MSNBC, CNN, FOX News, CBS, etc.

I really like the "I am a secret agent and know more than you so sit down and know your place, peon" angle though. It's a failed attempt however, as Bush's lies are public domain. You don't need clearance to know about at least some of his lies (though I'd imagine if you had top secret clearance you'd know about a whole lot more of his lies).

Feel free to bash Canada as well. I know you need to over-compensate, so we'll be the punching bag for your angst.
            "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

Comment

Do NOT try and challenge me with crappy fly-by-night websites bent with the spin of poletoking liberals. I have access to real information that you could only drool over.

I don't have to disprove anything. It is up to YOU to prove that he lied. None of your links comes close.

Sometimes it is a curse to know what really goes on behind the scenes of the military machine, and not be able to slam the door once and for all on the posers and supposers.

I suggest you run along and go back to eating cruellers, drinking Labatt's, losing the Stanley Cup to American teams, and totally screwing-up the French language,...you know, the things most Canadians are good at.
              How to win allies and get your friends to follow you to a war? I suppose we're next so get it off your chest now.

Comment

In all honest its foolish to think that the current adminastration has not lied or misled the public. I can't think of a administration in the last 20 years that hasn't lied to the public.

The question is 'Has the Bush admin lied more?' Probally not.
                The problem is perception. The war was proposed to the public on the basis of WMD. This has so far been proven false. Wether the admins stance on WMD was due to bad intelligence or outright lies really doesn't matter. The perception is there, people inherently(and rightfully so) distrust the government. If the Government says we are going to war becuase of WMD and the threat to the world, and no WMD are found then people are going to be skeptical when the admin says, "Oh we didn't lie, the CIA/NSA/whoever lied to you."
                "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

losing the Stanley Cup to American teams,
                  The vast majority of players are still Canadians!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJ
                    Prove that he lied? Why would I? Those sites already did it for me. The quotes are almost all cited from rather reputable sources. But I guess if your idea of a reputable source is Ann Coulter's column, I could see why you'd despise such "tree-hugging" sources as MSNBC, CNN, FOX News, CBS, etc.

I really like the "I am a secret agent and know more than you so sit down and know your place, peon" angle though. It's a failed attempt however, as Bush's lies are public domain. You don't need clearance to know about at least some of his lies (though I'd imagine if you had top secret clearance you'd know about a whole lot more of his lies).

Feel free to bash Canada as well. I know you need to over-compensate, so we'll be the punching bag for your angst.
                    LMFAO,...typical. Me bashing Canada is like giving a retarded relative a hard time - not too cool, so I'll stop.

All of the quotes in the world mean diddly. Have you NEVER made a statement, fullt believing in the information supporting it, only to find out later that the information was wrong?!

If you say yeso, your full of crap. You call them "Bush's Lies". Why not cite the original sources insted of those worthless craphiles you call informative websites?

My problem with you is that you used crappy links to throw a challenge at me, and I called you on it. You are a Canadian,...you ca't challenge me on squat about my country,...however, know that we could invade your wasteland in a heartbeat and claim it for ours any time, any day. Don't that make you all warm and fuzzy inside?

My OTHER problem with you is that you ARE a peon in American politics, foreign policy, and military policy, and have no clue about us "colonials" down here in the south, but for what your France-loving media has to report. I don't meddle in Canada's important world stage of politics (*snicker*), so stay out of ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Prester John
                      How to win allies and get your friends to follow you to a war? I suppose we're next so get it off your chest now.
                      Nope! Me likes Aussies!

Everything good about Canada has already left there and moved to a real country!

Comment

however, know that we could invade your wasteland in a heartbeat and claim it for ours any time, any day.
                        You won't get anywhere, just like the last time.

Comment

LMFAO,...typical. Me bashing Canada is like giving a retarded relative a hard time - not too cool, so I'll stop.
                          Nah, please continue. It gives Canadians a reason to bitch (not that we needed one), but if nothing else it validates our bitching .

All of the quotes in the world mean diddly. Have you NEVER made a statement, fullt believing in the information supporting it, only to find out later that the information was wrong?!
                          Sure. But I can't likewise say every "lie" was just "faulty intelligence" either.

If you say yeso, your full of crap. You call them "Bush's Lies".
                          On the flip side of that, Clinton didn't lie - he just had a faulty dictionary that led him to believe "sexual relations" didn't cover having his penis sucked. Not his fault, obviously.

Why not cite the original sources insted of those worthless craphiles you call informative websites?
                          Because those "worthless craphiles" did the work of collecting dozens of lies from all those sources. I don't need to tell you which is easier: posting 4 links or posting 400. Not to mention the work involved in digging all those links up. I just let those who are less apathetic than I do it. In the end Tim is right - everyone lies. The only relevant question is whether Bush lied more than others or if his lies were "worth" more than others. That's where I start to disagree with Tim, but I only responded to this thread to poke fun at your naive commentary about Bush. You can think he's a man of integrity, which is your prerogative, but you can not say he's never lied in office.

My problem with you is that you used crappy links to throw a challenge at me, and I called you on it.
                          As I pointed out, all their data comes from mainstream US media. While I could agree to a degree that mainstream media is crap, it's not as though they make a habit of making things up, just twisting them. So what's a reputable link or source, if not mainstream US media?

You are a Canadian,...you ca't challenge me on squat about my country,...however, know that we could invade your wasteland in a heartbeat and claim it for ours any time, any day. Don't that make you all warm and fuzzy inside?
                          lol. Your petulant nationalism only garners my pity.

Of course, if you really want to play "my daddy is bigger than your daddy" I'd concede that you would win. But if you want to play "my penis is bigger than your penis" then I'd have to say I'd probably win. That is if, like any true "patriotic" and capitalistic American, you believe self-worth is measured in how big your pay check is and how hot your girlfriend/wife is. You military types never get paid enough and I feel bad to hear about soldiers in the US and Canada going to food banks while I'm throwing out enough food daily to feed a regiment of Ethiopians in the field for a week .

My OTHER problem with you is that you ARE a peon in American politics, foreign policy, and military policy, and have no clue about us "colonials" down here in the south, but for what your France-loving media has to report. I don't meddle in Canada's important world stage of politics (*snicker*), so stay out of ours.
                          You're only right about one thing - we're peons on the world stage. This is why I take such issue with American foreign policy - it affects me, often more than Canadian policies do.

Don't worry though, in 50 years China will put the US in the same position Canada is in with respect to the US. If you're still alive then, you'll get to join us in bitching and moaning and we'll welcome you with open arms .

Comment

Nope! Me likes Aussies!

Everything good about Canada has already left there and moved to a real country!
                            And I like most Canadians and Americans, but outbursts like that just make me nervous about who has the keys to the weapons locker.

The last thing I want is somebody jumping up and down next to me drawing fire, and if somebody makes a habit of it, they can damn well go and dig their own weapon pit someplace else.

Comment

I don't think the Bush lied much about WMD, and I don't believe Clinton lied about not having sex: sex is intercourse. A blow job is a blow job. Both of them attempted to deceive the public without boldface lying, but if you don't boldface lie then it's up to the public to figure it out. I don't blame Bush that x% of Americans think that Saddam had ties to Al Qaeda.

I'm just looking forward to getting Bush out of office so that:

There's something left of the environment.
                              There's something left of my civil liberties.
                              There's something left of my money not in the hands of the super rich
                              There's some hope for health care in America
                              There's some hope for a balanced budget
                              etc.
                              etc.
                              etc.

New avatar in honor of this thread.
                              ...a man that can stand up for a principle and sit down on his own stool.
                              -the Firesign Theatre

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                Prawn heads
                                by Karri
                                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                Today, 11:40
                              • Jose50
                                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                by Jose50
                                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                Today, 08:41
                              • Von Richter
                                Sagittarius Rising...
                                by Von Richter
                                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                Today, 01:19
                              Working...
                              X