• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A WWII project

Hi all,

could you give me some feedback?

How much would you pay for the following:
    -full OOB and TO&E of the Hungarian Army in the WWII (about a thousand pages)
    -daily disposition map of the Hungarian operations in 1944-45
    -hundreds of pages of detailed daily action reports of the Hungarian operations 1944-45 (German, Hungarian, Soviet side, too) breaked down in battles (containing force figures) / in English but the translation will be made e.g. by me, so many language errors

in electronic format (e.g. CDs)...

(Don't expect it in this year thou... and it is only a poll...)
    a brain cell

If you're buying the material, it would depend on whether you plan on getting a return on your investment or not, i.e. write a book.

If your selling the material, that's altogether different.
    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

I was gonna say the same thing, don't spend a lot of money so you can design a new TOAW scenario. The senior designers will get upset with my attitude but you've asked for my opinion.

Hey, Laszlo, you think Tokaj is available somewhere in Chicago? Maybe if I found an ethnic Hungarian deli they could have a few bottles. In the spring of 2002 I was in a big supermarket in Miskolc and it was walls after walls after walls of bottles arrenged by year (and price). That was really something!
      Last edited by MonsterZero; 13 Mar 04, 16:32.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

I haven't seen his work, but the highly respected Dr. Leo Niehorster published several volumes on the Royal Hungarian Army 1920-1945. Are you familiar with his work?
        Last edited by Martin Schenkel; 13 Mar 04, 19:26.

Comment

I think he is trying to see how much you would pay for his data in electronic format. He already has most of what he needs and will compile it into some kind of product to sell.
          "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Detailed maps and data 100-120 US......
            "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

Originally posted by tigersqn
              If you're buying the material, it would depend on whether you plan on getting a return on your investment or not, i.e. write a book.

If your selling the material, that's altogether different.
              It is about selling, and it will be not me who sells it but the military archive in Hungary...

(I bought them in paper format (copying, and buying book) and it costs about a thousand dollars to collect...)
              a brain cell

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
                I was gonna say the same thing, don't spend a lot of money so you can design a new TOAW scenario. The senior designers will get upset with my attitude but you've asked for my opinion.

Hey, Laszlo, you think Tokaj is available somewhere in Chicago? Maybe if I found an ethnic Hungarian deli they could have a few bottles. In the spring of 2002 I was in a big supermarket in Miskolc and it was walls after walls after walls of bottles arrenged by year (and price). That was really something!
                There is a Hungarian deli in the USA and you can order on the internet:
                http://members.aol.com/HungImprts/Ottos.htm
                a brain cell

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Schenkel
                  I haven't seen his work, but the highly respected Dr. Leo Niehorster published several volumes on the Royal Hungarian Army 1920-1945. Are you familiar with his work?
                  Actually it is only one book (and there is an another but smaller book by a Greek writer), but these are not so detailed (OOB in Niehorster book is about a hundred pages, the original pages in A2 pages and many hundreds of pages, and the adhoc changes are thousands...).
                  a brain cell

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
                    I think he is trying to see how much you would pay for his data in electronic format. He already has most of what he needs and will compile it into some kind of product to sell.
                    I will help in that, but I think the archive will publish it, or a historian in the archive, so the quality of the data is guaranteed... I have most of it but however...
                    a brain cell

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McBride
                      Detailed maps and data 100-120 US......
                      Wow, sounds good...
                      a brain cell

Comment

Originally posted by laszlo.nemedi
                        Hi all,

could you give me some feedback?

How much would you pay for the following:
                        -full OOB and TO&E of the Hungarian Army in the WWII (about a thousand pages)
                        -daily disposition map of the Hungarian operations in 1944-45
                        -hundreds of pages of detailed daily action reports of the Hungarian operations 1944-45 (German, Hungarian, Soviet side, too) breaked down in battles (containing force figures) / in English but the translation will be made e.g. by me, so many language errors

in electronic format (e.g. CDs)...

(Don't expect it in this year thou... and it is only a poll...)
                        i think 40/50 euro in my current financial situation. [that is 250euro a month for school, transportation, paying mom ect, about 100left in the end].
                        French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X