Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone played JA2 Wildfire yet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone played JA2 Wildfire yet?

    Well, if yes I would like to know whether the game is any good. (or bad, but no this cant be )

    thanks,
    clark (JA2 junk)
    "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
    which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
    The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
    returned to its home base."

  • #2
    a new addon for Jagged alliance 2?? or just a mod? im a ja2 junk too, quite the unique RPG/RTS

    btw ive been playing the Urban Chaos mod lately. pretty cool.
    French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

    Comment


    • #3
      Not yet, but Im planning on getting it soon.

      Played all parts of JA with great joy.
      Maj. Reismann: "Kill every officer in sight!"
      soldier: "Ours or theirs?"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by screamer
        a new addon for Jagged alliance 2?? or just a mod? im a ja2 junk too, quite the unique RPG/RTS

        btw ive been playing the Urban Chaos mod lately. pretty cool.
        Well, its a mod with more realism better AI, so one might call it an add on. The package includes JA2 Gold and this Wildfire mod witch is programmed with the source code so the bugs of most unofficial mods are not to be there.
        If you search for JA2 wildfire in google you may find a lot of info and some picks.

        Originally posted by hydrou
        Not yet, but Im planning on getting it soon.

        Played all parts of JA with great joy.

        Where do you plan to get it from? I mean its not sure whether a German version will ever come out, so if you have a good (cheap) source to get it I would like to know to get what it is or if you might get me one, too.

        thanks,
        clark
        "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
        which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
        The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
        returned to its home base."

        Comment


        • #5
          No source, Im afraid. Until now, Id just considered the option of getting one. And the english version wouldnt bother me.
          Maj. Reismann: "Kill every officer in sight!"
          soldier: "Ours or theirs?"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by hydrou
            No source, Im afraid. Until now, Id just considered the option of getting one. And the english version wouldnt bother me.
            Yep, the english version would neither bother me (apart from that the localization of JA2 was really good).

            Maybe we might buy two games overseas (amazon.com) to save package and handling and then ship inter-German, or even find someone here that buys the games gets a money order from us and then send it overhere?
            Well at least we should try to minimize costs one way or another.
            You can send me a PM or e-mail if you like.

            regards,
            clark
            "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
            which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
            The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
            returned to its home base."

            Comment


            • #7
              I just looked at amazon.com and the problem is, that the game is only shipped inside us, so we have to find someone over there to buy it for us. Next problem would be the s&h costs. I tried once to win an auction on ebay.com, but the s&h was more than the cost for the product itself. I think it was 30 $ for airmail and 18 $ for surface mail.
              Maj. Reismann: "Kill every officer in sight!"
              soldier: "Ours or theirs?"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hydrou
                I just looked at amazon.com and the problem is, that the game is only shipped inside us, so we have to find someone over there to buy it for us. Next problem would be the s&h costs. I tried once to win an auction on ebay.com, but the s&h was more than the cost for the product itself. I think it was 30 $ for airmail and 18 $ for surface mail.
                So if we find one to ship it to us we both would roughly pay 30 $ (20$ game and 20/2 = 10$ s&h) each, until the game is at one of us, the rest then is the "post"s job (I guess around 5 , but not sure)

                One of us might simply ask at the market place for someone to buy and ship it, if you agree.
                "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                returned to its home base."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok, one more problem with surface shiiping is the time, it will at least 6 -8 weeks and airmail is expensive. Furthermore I dont know, how much customs will be. So, to pay more than 30 is not acceptable and Ill wait for it to appear in German or get it from some friends.
                  Maj. Reismann: "Kill every officer in sight!"
                  soldier: "Ours or theirs?"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by hydrou
                    Ok, one more problem with surface shiiping is the time, it will at least 6 -8 weeks and airmail is expensive. Furthermore I dont know, how much customs will be. So, to pay more than 30 is not acceptable and Ill wait for it to appear in German or get it from some friends.
                    Well, 30 is roughly 37$ so this should be possible if I pay the inter German handling. Now its your turn to tell me what you think as I really want that game and so might also act without you.

                    regards,
                    clark
                    "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                    which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                    The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                    returned to its home base."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sorry then, but youll have to proceed without me. Got some new work to do and wont have much spare time in the near future anyway.
                      Maj. Reismann: "Kill every officer in sight!"
                      soldier: "Ours or theirs?"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by hydrou
                        Sorry then, but youll have to proceed without me. Got some new work to do and wont have much spare time in the near future anyway.
                        O.K. so I will walk on alone ,
                        "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                        which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                        The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                        returned to its home base."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If you enjoyed JA2, check out Silent Storm; IMO an awsome game.

                          I saw JA2 Wildfire on EB.com for less than $20...not a good sign.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SkyVon
                            If you enjoyed JA2, check out Silent Storm; IMO an awsome game.

                            I saw JA2 Wildfire on EB.com for less than $20...not a good sign.
                            Well, I guess this is the official prize as it is virtually just a mod from someone that wasn't even paid,AFAIK.
                            Guess, I will look into Silent Storm, though.
                            "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                            which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                            The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                            returned to its home base."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah, Ill give it a try as well. Will have a look at amazon right now. Thx for the info, m8!
                              Maj. Reismann: "Kill every officer in sight!"
                              soldier: "Ours or theirs?"

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X