So, Martians Really Existed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Martians Really Existed!

Except they died and disappeared when their water ran out.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/0...ngs/index.html

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

I thought a few years back they had found a meteorite (supposedly originating from Mars) on earth that contained fossilized life forms?

Comment

Whoops. My appologies go out to the martians then but I got really thirsty after finishing a bowl of salted peanuts. Sorry about that.
      -----------------------------------
      Sings we a song of wolves.
      Who smells fear and slays the coward.
      Sings we a song of man.
      Who smells gold and slays his brother

Comment

Yeah there's martians...one of them lived with Tim O'Hara in the 60's
        Last edited by Priest; 05 Mar 04, 01:27.

Comment

Oh, what a pity, such a highly developed race just vanishes.
          Maj. Reismann: "Kill every officer in sight!"
          soldier: "Ours or theirs?"

Comment

Originally posted by hydrou
            Oh, what a pity, such a highly developed race just vanishes.
            Which gets me wondering...suppose we have a permanent moon or martian base, how do the inhabitants get their water? Delivery from Earth? Can they make their own water somehow?

The only thing that makes sense to me is placing the inhabitants within an artificial biosphere with 100% water reuse even if it's urine or feces or vapor from breath and perspiration. It's possible although technically tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
              Which gets me wondering...suppose we have a permanent moon or martian base, how do the inhabitants get their water? Delivery from Earth? Can they make their own water somehow?

The only thing that makes sense to me is placing the inhabitants within an artificial biosphere with 100% water reuse even if it's urine or feces or vapor from breath and perspiration. It's possible although technically tricky.
              One word.

Dune!
              "I'm all ears." - Dolph Lundgren

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Canuck
                One word.

Dune!
                I'd like to make a toast with a sip of my re-processed urine: for the conquest of Mars!

Comment

Maybe they could harness the water (if it is frozen water, as opposed to frozen CO2, jury still out on that one) in the polar ice caps. If it's water, a permanent Mars base could be made self-sufficient (in a non-technical sense).

It's a shame that even if they embarked on a programme to terraform Mars, none of us would live long enough to see it complete... but it's a worthwhile venture... another planet for us to suck dry of resources .
                  "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Then let´s head to mars, what are we waiting for? X-Mas?

Somebody still know this sentence in a slightly changed way from a game?
                    Maj. Reismann: "Kill every officer in sight!"
                    soldier: "Ours or theirs?"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X