Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roe v Wade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roe v Wade

    Evidently Norma McCorvey the "Jane Roe" in Roe v Wade has had a change of heart concerning abortion. She is on the docket in Federal Court to try to get Roe v Wade overturned, she feels that getting an abortion damages women psychologicaly. Does she have a prayer?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Priest
    Evidently Norma McCorvey the "Jane Roe" in Roe v Wade has had a change of heart concerning abortion. She is on the docket in Federal Court to try to get Roe v Wade overturned, she feels that getting an abortion damages women psychologicaly. Does she have a prayer?
    No. As long the politicians are too concerned with losing their votes, nobody wants to touch the abortion issue, especially the current presidential administration.

    The pro-choice supporters and organizations would disown McCorvey if she had a change of heart. I have heard from some others that she is a born-again Christian after being witnessed by a local employee of local anti-abortion organization working next to the Dallas abortion clinic in 1995. I can't seem to confirm this information, so I don't know.

    But if it's true, then it would send a powerful message especially from somebody who is responsible for this mess in the first place...

    Should she want to overturn the court decision in Roe v. Wade, then I wish her good luck or in this case, may God bless and guide her through this situation.

    Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

    "Aim small, miss small."

    Comment


    • #3
      All I've got to say (for now...) is that if tomorrow, women were freed from the responsibility of bearing children, and men forced to, this would be the mootest of points, as within the year, a Constitutional Amendment would be passed to enshrine the right to an abortion in the highest law of the land.

      As it is now, though...who knows what the Ninevah Nine might decide...
      I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JAMiAM
        All I've got to say (for now...) is that if tomorrow, women were freed from the responsibility of bearing children, and men forced to, this would be the mootest of points, as within the year, a Constitutional Amendment would be passed to enshrine the right to an abortion in the highest law of the land.

        As it is now, though...who knows what the Ninevah Nine might decide...
        Right, in your dreams...

        Aborting an unborn baby, a new life-form or a human being, is plain murder...

        Anybody who dares to support abortion is a murderer or at least an accessory to murder...

        Dan
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

        "Aim small, miss small."

        Comment


        • #5
          I personally think Abortion of an unborn child is wrong. And that is as far into the debate as I want to get...
          "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cheetah772
            Anybody who dares to support abortion is a murderer or at least an accessory to murder...
            The murderers who murder abortion doctors, are they murderers too?

            What happens if a woman is raped?

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think that the McCorvey action is going to mean a thing, as far as I'm concerned McCorvey was never a major player in the whole abortion issue to begin with. She was nothing more than a pawn being used by the feminist movement in order to get abortion leagalized. The feminist movement needed a case to take through the courts and McCorvey fit the bill.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Martin Schenkel
                The murderers who murder abortion doctors, are they murderers too?

                What happens if a woman is raped?
                Yes

                If they are raped they can always put it up for adoption.

                I don't think that the McCorvey action is going to mean a thing, as far as I'm concerned McCorvey was never a major player in the whole abortion issue to begin with. She was nothing more than a pawn being used by the feminist movement in order to get abortion leagalized. The feminist movement needed a case to take through the courts and McCorvey fit the bill.
                Your right, it was sad how the feminist got ahold of this girl in her time of hurt and need and used her as a pawn.

                The pro-choice supporters and organizations would disown McCorvey if she had a change of heart. I have heard from some others that she is a born-again Christian after being witnessed by a local employee of local anti-abortion organization working next to the Dallas abortion clinic in 1995. I can't seem to confirm this information, so I don't know.
                I have heard, and I think read somewhere, the same thing. Im pretty sure that she is a born-again Christian

                Thanks for looking!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thank God for the Constitution How in the world can you try to apply YOUR religious beliefs to any women in this country? It's HER body -
                  not yours - never will be yours - if you think Roe vs. Wade will be overturned
                  - it might if GWB can appoint the judges - that WILL be his last term in office!
                  Last I looked women were 51% of voters - if anything gets their attention - it's this issue Maybe Cheetah you need to get married
                  Black & blue from the TOAW learning curve!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Martin Schenkel
                    The murderers who murder abortion doctors, are they murderers too?

                    What happens if a woman is raped?
                    Only a few percent of rape cases resulted in pregnancies, and most of rape victims chose to keep their babies or give them up to adoption organizations. There are some pretty good pro-life organizations who will help these rape victims adjust to a new life with a baby or consult them to give up in an honorable and proper way.

                    Being a rape victim does not excuse her from aborting her baby.

                    Dan
                    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

                    "Aim small, miss small."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Foggy
                      Thank God for the Constitution How in the world can you try to apply YOUR religious beliefs to any women in this country? It's HER body -
                      not yours - never will be yours - if you think Roe vs. Wade will be overturned
                      - it might if GWB can appoint the judges - that WILL be his last term in office!
                      Last I looked women were 51% of voters - if anything gets their attention - it's this issue Maybe Cheetah you need to get married
                      With all due respect, Foggy, we've been regulating human bodies for as long we can remember...

                      For example, we can't use drugs even though it's our bodies to play with. We can't prostitute ourselves even though it's our bodies. We can't drink and drive under influence even though it's our bodies. We can't commit suicide even though it's our bodies. We can't amputate ourselves even though it's our bodies.

                      My point is that there are limits as to how we can use our bodies.

                      Besides, if it is indeed a human being living inside a woman's womb, it becomes an entirely different issue altogether. A human being has some natural rights such as the right to life even though a baby might not be aware of its right.

                      Either you're a human being or not, that's simple as it can get.

                      How can you claim that for nine months a fetus cannot develop into a human being on the basis of legal codes? Are you saying that for nine months I was in my mother's womb, I was not a human being at all? Are you saying that? If so, then please do tell me how I got eyes, nose, ears, arms, fingers, toes, legs, and all features attainable to a human body if I am not a human being at all? I do not believe in a transition from a non-human body to a living human body, either you are a human being or not.

                      I would consider it an insult if you claim I was not a human being at all for those nine months. Think about it.

                      Dan
                      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

                      "Aim small, miss small."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cheetah772
                        With all due respect, Foggy, we've been regulating human bodies for as long we can remember...

                        For example, we can't use drugs even though it's our bodies to play with. We can't prostitute ourselves even though it's our bodies. We can't drink and drive under influence even though it's our bodies. We can't commit suicide even though it's our bodies. We can't amputate ourselves even though it's our bodies.

                        My point is that there are limits as to how we can use our bodies.

                        Besides, if it is indeed a human being living inside a woman's womb, it becomes an entirely different issue altogether. A human being has some natural rights such as the right to life even though a baby might not be aware of its right.

                        Either you're a human being or not, that's simple as it can get.

                        How can you claim that for nine months a fetus cannot develop into a human being on the basis of legal codes? Are you saying that for nine months I was in my mother's womb, I was not a human being at all? Are you saying that? If so, then please do tell me how I got eyes, nose, ears, arms, fingers, toes, legs, and all features attainable to a human body if I am not a human being at all? I do not believe in a transition from a non-human body to a living human body, either you are a human being or not.

                        I would consider it an insult if you claim I was not a human being at all for those nine months. Think about it.

                        Dan

                        Here goes the old question again Cheetah, at what time you are a human being, well I don´t know and I think nobody really knows.

                        I personally believe that by the time you start developing the real form of your body and, more important, internal organs you start to be a human being. And in fact nobody (well probably except the Chinese) is going to abord a child of a mother in the 8th month.
                        I think it is vitally important to a Democracy to give the women the right too chose, but that the regulations on the time of allowed abortion are to be very
                        tight and so no "real" (I know this sounds bad) human being is killed.


                        Apart from that, all this stuff about adoption and being brought up in a kind of orphanage is also not very good for the kid.

                        I mean in the worst cases the poor guy never gets a family, always feels kinda thrown away etc. and that just because someone thinks that abortion is murder? Well, I wouldn´t want to make such a decision, so it is a politician´s job as they are just intrested in winning the next election and not in real human affairs.
                        "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                        which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                        The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                        returned to its home base."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mr_clark
                          Here goes the old question again Cheetah, at what time you are a human being, well I don´t know and I think nobody really knows.
                          Actually, we do know, it's in the Bible, God said the human life starts in womb, specifically right from the beginning.

                          Jesus Christ was in Mary's womb, are you going to tell me that He wasn't a divine human being to start with for nine months? How silly of me!

                          I personally believe that by the time you start developing the real form of your body and, more important, internal organs you start to be a human being. And in fact nobody (well probably except the Chinese) is going to abord a child of a mother in the 8th month.
                          Actually, it has been done. In Europe, the partial abortion is permitted in some places. I believe the United Kingdom also allows this as well. What kind of rules, I have no idea. I did read somewhere that recently some parents in UK decided to abort a 7-month baby, because that baby was found to have a serious birth defect.

                          I think it is vitally important to a Democracy to give the women the right too chose, but that the regulations on the time of allowed abortion are to be very
                          tight and so no "real" (I know this sounds bad) human being is killed.
                          Sure, this is a liberal democracy, still, it does not give us the right to abort a baby. There are limits to what we can do. That is why we have rules in place.

                          Apart from that, all this stuff about adoption and being brought up in a kind of orphanage is also not very good for the kid.
                          Well, it's certainly better than having a kid murdered in womb.

                          I mean in the worst cases the poor guy never gets a family, always feels kinda thrown away etc. and that just because someone thinks that abortion is murder? Well, I wouldn´t want to make such a decision, so it is a politician´s job as they are just intrested in winning the next election and not in real human affairs.
                          It is about choices. I can chose to lead a bad or good life. There are numerous cases where a poor orphan or adopted kid in a poor family were raised to be successful citizens, I'm not talking about rags-to-rich, but middle class children.

                          And politicians are supposed to be concerned about human affairs, after all, that's the theme of politics, it deals with human beings directly. Where do nations come from? Humans, of course. Where domestic policy comes from? Humans. Crimes come from where? Humans. The human race is the source of all political issues.

                          Dan
                          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

                          "Aim small, miss small."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Just one thing Cheetah:

                            Originally posted by Cheetah772
                            Actually, we do know, it's in the Bible, God said the human life starts in womb, specifically right from the beginning.
                            Maybe God was wrong ???


                            Apart from that you are in the womb from t=0 to t=9 months, so again nothing specific is given.
                            "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                            which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                            The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                            returned to its home base."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JAMiAM
                              All I've got to say (for now...) is that if tomorrow, women were freed from the responsibility of bearing children, and men forced to, this would be the mootest of points, as within the year, a Constitutional Amendment would be passed to enshrine the right to an abortion in the highest law of the land.

                              As it is now, though...who knows what the Ninevah Nine might decide...
                              An excellent point.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X