Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60's Radicals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 60's Radicals

    With the entry of Ralph Nader into the presidential race, it got me to wondering if any of the younger liberals on this board even know who this guy is. So the question is, is that do old 60's radicals influence your politics or do you wish that they would just realize that the 60's are over and go away?

  • #2
    Like if you ain't with the scene dude, then you need to tune in, turn on, and drop out. Peace!
    I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Priest
      With the entry of Ralph Nader into the presidential race, it got me to wondering if any of the younger liberals on this board even know who this guy is. So the question is, is that do old 60's radicals influence your politics or do you wish that they would just realize that the 60's are over and go away?
      He is a sort of self-appointed moralist who's been mostly an annoyance to mainstream political leaders and corporate executives.

      He's been riding out on his best-selling book, "Unsafe At Any Speed," which exposed GM's defective automobile, Crosair, I believe.

      In any case, I just wish 1960s never happened. I mean it is what ruined America morally, and sadly, we're about to witness a repeat of 1960s.

      Dan
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

      "Aim small, miss small."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cheetah772
        In any case, I just wish 1960s never happened. I mean it is what ruined America morally, and sadly, we're about to witness a repeat of 1960s.
        Yeah, civil rights are over-rated

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JAMiAM
          Like if you ain't with the scene dude, then you need to tune in, turn on, and drop out. Peace!
          Free Huey...Power to the people!

          Comment


          • #6
            If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem, man!
            I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

            Comment


            • #7
              Make love, not war.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Priest
                Make love, not war.
                No, make war, not love....after all war is what made America a great nation...and the revolutionaries (colonialists) sure didn't make love during Revolutionary War...

                Dan
                Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

                "Aim small, miss small."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cheetah772
                  No, make war, not love....after all war is what made America a great nation...and the revolutionaries (colonialists) sure didn't make love during Revolutionary War...

                  Dan
                  Doesn't sound very Christian to me, Dan...
                  I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Keep on Truckin'...
                    Attached Files
                    I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JAMiAM
                      Doesn't sound very Christian to me, Dan...
                      And it doesn't sound very Christian when Jesus said to his disciple to bring two swords and never rebuked him for using it to severe a soldier's ear. He merely said it was His time to die on the Cross...

                      Dan
                      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

                      "Aim small, miss small."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JAMiAM
                        Keep on Truckin'...
                        I remember the keep on truckin' dudes, if you want a real blast from the past in 60's art try old Peter Max works at

                        http://www.petermax.com/
                        Last edited by Priest; 23 Feb 04, 13:53.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Oh God I hate to say this but I had that Tshirt & wore it to shreds
                          Keep on Trucking w/spliffs
                          Black & blue from the TOAW learning curve!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            He's pretty good, but I like the fundamental weirdness and "out-of-this-world" down to earthness of R. Crumb.

                            Max, like Warhol, was a bit too "high-brow" for me. A lot going on on the canvas, but not as much of that inner conflict that defines a "tortured artist". The tortured soul has always been more interesting to me, than the Stepford Life.
                            Attached Files
                            I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Geez...

                              Glad to see somebody reminiscing about destroying the moral standards of America...

                              Dan :flag:
                              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

                              "Aim small, miss small."

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X