Help Me Identify a TV "Celebrity"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Identify a TV "Celebrity"

What's his name? He's one of the better known TV Christian preachers on American television. Walks around with a microphone, a choir in the background, big show. He's a Neil Diamon kind of a guy, caucassian male with long straight hair.

He was convicted of embezzling his flock of money that was supposed to be donations and things like that, later made a tearful "God forgive me, I have sinned" speech on TV.

If somebody can tell me his name I will be able to look up additional info at Yahoo!

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

BENI HINNN!!!!

He's better man.. way better than whoever you're talking about. Beni does "healings" right on stage.
    Furthermore, they had calculated that if 25,000 of them died for every one of us, they would finish us first, for they were many and we were but few.
    -Hernan Cortez

The Pacific is our ocean. The power that rules the Pacific, therefore, is the power that rules the world. That power is and will forever be the American Republic.
    -Senator Albert J. Beveridge, 56th Congress

Comment

Cortez, please. If you can't help me just say so.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
        What's his name? He's one of the better known TV Christian preachers on American television. Walks around with a microphone, a choir in the background, big show. He's a Neil Diamon kind of a guy, caucassian male with long straight hair.

He was convicted of embezzling his flock of money that was supposed to be donations and things like that, later made a tearful "God forgive me, I have sinned" speech on TV.

If somebody can tell me his name I will be able to look up additional info at Yahoo!
        Jim Bakker?

Goblin
        Last edited by Goblin; 22 Feb 04, 20:55.
        Mega Campaign Screaming Eagles and Das Reich Design Team Member
        DAS REICH CAMPAIGN, and THE SPWaW ICON GUIDE AVAILABLE AT: The SP:WaW Depot
        In difficult ground, press on. In encircled ground, devise strategems. In death ground, fight.

Comment

Sorry man.. couldn't resist. I can't help you out.
          Furthermore, they had calculated that if 25,000 of them died for every one of us, they would finish us first, for they were many and we were but few.
          -Hernan Cortez

The Pacific is our ocean. The power that rules the Pacific, therefore, is the power that rules the world. That power is and will forever be the American Republic.
          -Senator Albert J. Beveridge, 56th Congress

Comment

Jimmy Swaggart?
            Jerry Falwell?
            WV Grant?
            Pat Robertson?

Goblin
            In difficult ground, press on. In encircled ground, devise strategems. In death ground, fight.

Comment

Jimmy Swaggart

I typed his name into Yahoo! search and his picture popped up.

But it looks like I have confused his case with that of another guy. Now I understand Jimmy was caught with prostitutes on a couple of occasions while the guy who stole the money was an African American preacher.

I saw him doing a show today and thought that as long as he's the same guy who got convicted of the finacial scam there's no way they'll let his face on TV again.

Comment

Jimmy Swaggart?
                Jerry Falwell?
                WV Grant?
                Pat Robertson?
                All poster children of what is wrong with Christianity....

Comment

Originally posted by Black Moria

Yep!

Goblin

Comment

Originally posted by Black Moria
                    I hope you mean what is wrong with CHRISTIANS,...NOT "Christianity". To attribute a human failing to a concept that is completely ABOVE humanity is wrong.

The one thing that is WRONG with CHRISTIANITY is the one thing that also makes it right,...fallable and worldly-possessed humans. If we didn't need saving, Jesus would never have been sent.

...or at least that's what I believe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                      Berlin.1945
                      by casanova
                      The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                      Yesterday, 23:41
                    • casanova
                      AW 169M
                      by casanova
                      The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                      Yesterday, 23:26
                    • JBark
                      What changed?
                      by JBark
                      There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                      Yesterday, 18:54
                    Working...
                    X