No announcement yet.

What the heck happened to Howard Dean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck happened to Howard Dean?

When the current political season began Howard Dean seemed unstoppable, his campaign seemed to be a juggernaut that steamrolled over all the other candidates. After the Iowa caucasses Dean seemed to drop like a rock in popularity, the Democratic nomination which at one time seemed to be a sure thing for Dean now seems to be a long-shot at best. The current polls have Kerry in the lead then Edwards and then Dean trailing with something like 11%. I know that Dean made some gaffs but really were they reall that bad?

Just repeat to your self. "The media is never wrong and holds no power."

You'll feel better after awhile.
    "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

Blame it on that damned "liberal" media.

I didn't think he did anything drastically wrong, and especially the whole hulabaloo about the Dean "scream" following the Iowa caucus results was way overhyped.

If nothing else, Dr. Dean did perform the near miraculous feat of a full spinal transplant for the Democratic Party. If it wasn't for the fire that he breathed into the campaign, most of the rest of the field would still be falling all over themselves trying to out-Bush, Bush.
      I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Kerry has a square jaw which makes him look tougher

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
        --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
          Kerry has a square jaw which makes him look tougher
          Seriously, I agree. Dean looks ... cheesey ... not very much like a president ... well, that could be an important reason.
          Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Personally, I've always thought that Kerry looked like an inbred Kennedy, who was dropped on his head at birth. Something about his facial features seems to be all scrunched up in the wrong places.

Dean at least looks like he's got the right number of chromosomes.
            I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

IMHO even if Kerry and Dean switched their views and comments Kerry would still maintain a lead. He's a tough-looking, handsome guy. I think that's why he's ahead. At this stage it's highly subjective and the actual rhetoric is secondary. The constituents know the president is gonna have tons of staff so as long as he's democrat he'll do fine. They want somebody presentable though because he's the central image of the democratic party.
              Last edited by MonsterZero; 16 Feb 04, 16:07.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
              --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM

I didn't think he did anything drastically wrong, and especially the whole hulabaloo about the Dean "scream" following the Iowa caucus results was way overhyped.
                I would agree James, Dean's little "rebel yell" while amusing didn't seem that bad and it's not like Dean is the first presidential candidate that has made gaffs. The press had a field with some of Bushes mis-statements and Clinton's "I didn't inhale" comment provived fodder for comedians from sea to shining sea. I think that this is the first time that I have seen a minor error sink a major presidential candidate's campaign. Wierd.

Comment

As a resident of Mass. - John Kerry is even more liberal than the dreaded
                  Teddie! I do give him credit for marrying into money - he's gonna need it
                  Black & blue from the TOAW learning curve!

Comment

A large percentage of Dean's support and $$$ was generated via the Internet (an Al Gore invention ). As soon as the campaign got to TV, he was doomed. He just ain't an inspiring guy. I think Bush II and his (the)Queen Mother Barbara were rooting for Dean .
                    And we are here as on a darkling plain
                    Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
                    Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Matthew Arnold

Comment

Hello,

Oh, I think the Democrats are desperate for a presidential candidate with a "good" military record....

But then nobody wants to hear about the incident where John Kerry threw his medals in fire and led a radical communist anti-war protesting organization. Kerry smeared the reputation of Vietnam veterans by claiming the war was wrong and accused them of killing innocent civilians.

If Kerry becomes the next president, he would have practically turned the US Army over to the United Nations and gutting the intelligence agencies in favor of diverting money to social welfare programs, etc.

I don't know who's worse, Howard Dean or John Kerry, both are rabid internationalists who would have been glad to surrender the national sovereignty of America to the United Nations. Both are making runs at Far Left, and will bring disastrous results if elected to the office.

Dan
                      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772
                        But then nobody wants to hear about the incident where John Kerry threw his medals in fire and led a radical communist anti-war protesting organization. Kerry smeared the reputation of Vietnam veterans by claiming the war was wrong and accused them of killing innocent civilians.
                        I heard that rumour too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/16/national/16TIGE.html
                        Last edited by Prester John; 17 Feb 04, 05:22.

Comment

Oh, I think the Democrats are desperate for a presidential candidate with a "good" military record....

But then nobody wants to hear about the incident where John Kerry threw his medals in fire and led a radical communist anti-war protesting organization.
                          What, he's not allowed to have an opinion on politics or war when the army discharges him?
                          "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJ
                            What, he's not allowed to have an opinion on politics or war when the army discharges him?
                            Yes, he is allowed to have an opinion, the problem is with his opinion. Kerry supported Jane Fonda and was the leader of one of the most radical leftist anti-war protesting organization, VVAW (Vietnam Veterans Against War). This organization was known for pro-communist political beliefs.

At least Bush didn't express pro-communist beliefs or joined a radical leftist organization or spoke out against the veterans who fought bravely in the war.

Dan
                            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Yes, he is allowed to have an opinion, the problem is with his opinion. Kerry supported Jane Fonda and was the leader of one of the most radical leftist anti-war protesting organization, VVAW (Vietnam Veterans Against War). This organization was known for pro-communist political beliefs.

At least Bush didn't express pro-communist beliefs or joined a radical leftist organization or spoke out against the veterans who fought bravely in the war.
                              Do you agree with everything the Republican party has done? If not, can I pin them on you anyways? So, for example:

Dan supports expanding Medicare, encouraging illegal immigrants to flood the country and so on and so forth?

Should I even have to explain this?
                              "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X