Stalin's Pride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalin's Pride

Just completed a model of a JS-3M "Josef Stalin" heavy main battle tank plastic kit. If anybody wants to admire MonsterZero's modeling skill the pictures can be found here

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

wow... that is nice and neat! You must have a pair of wonderful precision (laser guided? ) hands !

It is rather Monster's pride
    Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ER_Chaser
      wow... that is nice and neat! You must have a pair of wonderful precision (laser guided? ) hands !

It is rather Monster's pride

Thanks! Tanks are forgiving. Very often when you screw up people will think you've tried to simulate battle damage. Now airplanes, especially those with bare metal finish-that's true art.

Comment

Looks good. Nice job.
        -----------------------------------
        Sings we a song of wolves.
        Who smells fear and slays the coward.
        Sings we a song of man.
        Who smells gold and slays his brother

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
          Thanks! Tanks are forgiving. Very often when you screw up people will think you've tried to simulate battle damage. Now airplanes, especially those with bare metal finish-that's true art.
          Indeed. I have an old Tamiya Porsche turret King Tiger tank that I screwed up applying the zimmerit to. I sanded the area where I screwed up and just painted over it. It still looks great though not as a fresh off the assembly line KT but more of like one that had recently been in a scrap with a couple of IS-2's.

My next project is recovering an old Italieri LAV-25 that my younger nephews got their hands on a good while back.
          -----------------------------------
          Sings we a song of wolves.
          Who smells fear and slays the coward.
          Sings we a song of man.
          Who smells gold and slays his brother

Comment

Looks really fantastic. In my childhood I put my hands onto airplanes, but mostly the smaller scales, I think it was 1:144 from Revell. Still have the painting colours and some unbuilt models, either for me or my kids in the future. Maybe I can put up some pictures of some models I built.

Oh, and now I remember I did some tanks like Leo III or T-72 and BMP and Humvees plus some soldiers and took it then to build some live war scenes. Ok, it wasn´t very real, soviet naval soldiers with blue coats and BMP against desert camouflaged Hummers and Marines and Special Forces, but yet it was a good time. Hey, I ways only 10 or 11 back then...
            Maj. Reismann: "Kill every officer in sight!"
            soldier: "Ours or theirs?"

Comment

Looks good Monster, have you tried putting dirt or something on the floor of the case to simulate the tank traveling across the ground or along a road?

Comment

Nice job monster!
                Do you have other maketts?
                a brain cell

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
                  Looks good Monster, have you tried putting dirt or something on the floor of the case to simulate the tank traveling across the ground or along a road?
                  Those cases beg for a mini-diorama representing the terrain the tank is traveling on. I have considered a cobblestone street which can be purchsed and painted but don't have experience with cross country surfaces yet. But I can always do it later after I do the necessary research on building dioramas.

Comment

Those cases beg for a mini-diorama representing the terrain the tank is traveling on. I have considered a cobblestone street which can be purchsed and painted but don't have experience with cross country surfaces yet. But I can always do it later after I do the necessary research on building dioramas.
                    I used to have an Airfix model of this tank back in circa 1965. Great tank but I don't know if it ever saw active service in WWII. Does anybody know for sure?
                    http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Just completed a model of a JS-3M "Josef Stalin" heavy main battle tank plastic kit. If anybody wants to admire MonsterZero's modeling skill the pictures can be found here
                      Very well done. I enjoyed looking at it I have always been intrigued by military models and dioramas but have never had the money to seouriously start that as a major hobby.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X