Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US hospitality

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • US hospitality

    http://www.cbc.ca/deadlineiraq/index.html

  • #2
    Originally posted by Marko
    Boo Hoo...we cry when we meet opposition.
    When US soldiers meet opposition they will kill Islamists as long as they are capable of holding the rifle. You and the people you cheer Marko know that very well. That is why in the cultures of Islamists and fundamentalist roadside bombs and car bombs are the weapons of choice. Face to face combat is too dreadful to Islamists. They are not afraid to die (death is easy), that's for sure, but they are afraid of facing American men and women.

    The champions of the Arab nationalist, Islamist and fundamentalist cause, people Saddam, Osama, mullah Omar and Al-Quaida in general-they run like rabbits when they meet active opposition. Run and hide. Bin Laden is so freaking out with fear of American people he doesn't even make videos anymore, just audio casettes. He's afraid to show his face on TV lest somebody finds some visual clue in the background and learns his location.

    Come back with A SINGLE story of an American soldier who faces an Islamist, turnes around and runs and I will give your Mujahideen their honor back. I will issue a public apology.

    Afghanistan, Iraq, the destruction of pre-9/11 Al Quaida, I can see nothing but constant American advances around the world. Is this country really on the run? The only issue is money really. As long as the public here wants to keep on spending, the enemies of America keep on losing and there is no way to reverse this.

    There is no hope of Islamists and other anti-Americans even making a dent in this society and this culture and there is no hope for fundamentalism poisoning our minds. It's a huge, huge country of unlimited resources. Come over here to take a car ride only from Chicago to Springfield and it will take the spirit of Jihad right out of you-when you experience the vastness and might of this land. And that's just a single state. You'll understand.

    I don't know what Bin Laden was thinking, all I can say is the Muslim world needs a substitute enemy to hate and to wage their Jihad against, an enemy it can actually handle. The Republic of Slovenia maybe?

    When this country finally collapses in the distant future, it will go because of social, economic and environmental issues beyond the scope of the little contest of Islam vs. Christianity. But by that time Islam as we know it today will be finished. It will remain Islam in name only. And the Arab world, with its precious fossil fuel reserves depleted, will dissolve back into the dunes of the desert. There will be no more funds to finances terrorist activities around the world.

    Last edited by MonsterZero; 02 Feb 04, 13:00.

    "Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MonsterZero
      When US soldiers meet opposition they will kill Islamists as long as they are capable of holding the rifle. You and the people you cheer Marko know that very well. That is why in the cultures of Islamists and fundamentalist roadside bombs and car bombs are the weapons of choice. Face to face combat is too dreadful to Islamists. They are not afraid to die (death is easy), that's for sure, but they are afraid of facing American men and women.

      The champions of the Arab nationalist, Islamist and fundamentalist cause, people Saddam, Osama, mullah Omar and Al-Quaida in general-they run like rabbits when they meet active opposition. Run and hide. Bin Laden is so freaking out with fear of American people he doesn't even make videos anymore, just audio casettes. He's afraid to show his face on TV lest somebody finds some visual clue in the background and learns his location.

      Come back with A SINGLE story of an American soldier who faces an Islamist, turnes around and runs and I will give your Mujahideen their honor back. I will issue a public apology.

      Afghanistan, Iraq, the destruction of pre-9/11 Al Quaida, I can see nothing but constant American advances around the world. Is this country really on the run? The only issue is money really. As long as the public here wants to keep on spending, the enemies of America keep on losing and there is no way to reverse this.

      There is no hope of Islamists and other anti-Americans even making a dent in this society and this culture and there is no hope for fundamentalism poisoning our minds. It's a huge, huge country of unlimited resources. Come over here to take a car ride only from Chicago to Springfield and it will take the spirit of Jihad right out of you-when you experience the vastness and might of this land. And that's just a single state. You'll understand.

      I don't know what Bin Laden was thinking, all I can say is the Muslim world needs a substitute enemy to hate and to wage their Jihad against, an enemy it can actually handle. The Republic of Slovenia maybe?

      When this country finally collapses in the distant future, it will go because of social, economic and environmental issues beyond the scope of the little contest of Islam vs. Christianity. But by that time Islam as we know it today will be finished. It will remain Islam in name only. And the Arab world, with its precious fossil fuel reserves depleted, will dissolve back into the dunes of the desert. There will be no more funds to finances terrorist activities around the world.

      Of course they run when they are out gunned - simple rule of warfare. Or don't you comprehend that ? Like i am sure a group of lightly armed national guard would attack faydeen, backed up with artillery and planes now would they ? So get real. Any nation could kick the iraq army ass - they are pathetic. One thing the yannks can't handle though is terrorism. You need to address the problem you see, as it will never go away. NEVER

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Marko
        Of course they run when they are out gunned - simple rule of warfare. Or don't you comprehend that ? Like i am sure a group of lightly armed national guard would attack faydeen, backed up with artillery and planes now would they ? So get real. Any nation could kick the iraq army ass - they are pathetic. One thing the yannks can't handle though is terrorism. You need to address the problem you see, as it will never go away. NEVER
        That's a mighty big "YOU" you're using there. I believe your country has been a willing partner in this operation since its inception and still has thousands of forces on the ground. I know a few of you would love to turn the Iraq debate into a a debate on "US unilateral cowboyism," however, the hard reality is that there is quite a strong coalition of forces serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

        Afghanistan
        Albania
        Angola
        Australia
        Azerbaijan
        Bulgaria
        Colombia
        Costa Rica
        Czech Republic
        Denmark
        Dominican Republic
        El Salvador
        Eritrea
        Estonia
        Ethiopia
        Georgia
        Honduras
        Hungary
        Iceland
        Italy
        Japan
        Kuwait
        Latvia
        Lithuania
        Macedonia
        Marshall Islands
        Micronesia
        Mongolia
        Netherlands
        Nicaragua
        Palau
        Panama
        Philippines
        Poland
        Portugal
        Romania
        Rwanda
        Singapore
        Slovakia
        Solomon Islands
        South Korea
        Spain
        Turkey
        Uganda
        Ukraine
        United Kingdom
        United States
        Uzbekistan

        There are currently 48 nations that are publicly supporting the operation or have forces deployed to Iraq. I would venture to say that many of these do so because they feel it is the right thing to do.

        So who's against the operation? Mainly China, Russia, Germany, France and, of course, the various Islamic dictatorships. I know which side my money's on.
        Editor-in-Chief
        GameSquad.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Don Maddox
          That's a mighty big "YOU" you're using there. I believe your country has been a willing partner in this operation since its inception and still has thousands of forces on the ground. I know a few of you would love to turn the Iraq debate into a a debate on "US unilateral cowboyism," however, the hard reality is that there is quite a strong coalition of forces serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

          Afghanistan
          Albania
          Angola
          Australia
          Azerbaijan
          Bulgaria
          Colombia
          Costa Rica
          Czech Republic
          Denmark
          Dominican Republic
          El Salvador
          Eritrea
          Estonia
          Ethiopia
          Georgia
          Honduras
          Hungary
          Iceland
          Italy
          Japan
          Kuwait
          Latvia
          Lithuania
          Macedonia
          Marshall Islands
          Micronesia
          Mongolia
          Netherlands
          Nicaragua
          Palau
          Panama
          Philippines
          Poland
          Portugal
          Romania
          Rwanda
          Singapore
          Slovakia
          Solomon Islands
          South Korea
          Spain
          Turkey
          Uganda
          Ukraine
          United Kingdom
          United States
          Uzbekistan

          There are currently 48 nations that are publicly supporting the operation or have forces deployed to Iraq. I would venture to say that many of these do so because they feel it is the right thing to do.

          So who's against the operation? Mainly China, Russia, Germany, France and, of course, the various Islamic dictatorships. I know which side my money's on.
          Now take all those countries away that rely on US aid in someway:



          BIG FAT ZERO.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Marko
            Now take all those countries away that rely on US aid in someway:



            BIG FAT ZERO.

            OH yes and how many of those countries voted in a natiopnal referrndum to send troops ? None

            Comment


            • #7
              Ummm... France relied only slightly on U.S. aid during WWII...

              And Germany did as well after the war.

              And yet, these two countries are some of the two most opposed to the war.

              So forget your "the US bribed them" excuse.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Scythe
                Ummm... France relied only slightly on U.S. aid during WWII...

                And Germany did as well after the war.

                And yet, these two countries are some of the two most opposed to the war.

                So forget your "the US bribed them" excuse.

                Beer.


                Goblin
                Mega Campaign Screaming Eagles and Das Reich Design Team Member
                DAS REICH CAMPAIGN, and THE SPWaW ICON GUIDE AVAILABLE AT: The SP:WaW Depot
                In difficult ground, press on. In encircled ground, devise strategems. In death ground, fight.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Goblin
                  Beer.


                  Goblin
                  Thanks, but I'm underage

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Root Beer.


                    Goblin
                    Mega Campaign Screaming Eagles and Das Reich Design Team Member
                    DAS REICH CAMPAIGN, and THE SPWaW ICON GUIDE AVAILABLE AT: The SP:WaW Depot
                    In difficult ground, press on. In encircled ground, devise strategems. In death ground, fight.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Marko, the United States has no obligation to "the Arab countries, Muslim countries or developing countries". America is for Americans and it has no business making citizens from those countries happy. This is for the same reason why the Republic of Slovenia has no obligation to Antarctica. I know most of the people from the places you mention would like to come over here and enjoy the American standard of living but unfortunately there isn't enough space for everyone. If that's the reason for the hate-unfortunately nothing can be done to solve the problem.


                      "Shock, rage and grief there has been aplenty. But any glimmer of recognition of why people might have been driven to carry out such atrocities, sacrificing their own lives in the process - or why the United States is hated with such bitterness, not only in Arab and Muslim countries, but across the developing world - seems almost entirely absent."

                      "Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        BTW, the community college I take my nursing classes in has a staggering number of Muslim/Arab students walking up and down the halls in their head scarves and black leather jackets. My rough estimate is that their presence has at least doubled since 1993 when I took my very first class at that institution.

                        Muslims are highly idealistic people when confronting the United States and accusing it of this and that but then they sell their idealism cheap-they'll trade anything for an American visa. Same thing for US haters from other develping countries.

                        "Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                        --Frederick II, King of Prussia

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MonsterZero
                          Same thing for US haters from other develping countries.
                          Please would people differentiate between Bush haters and US haters.
                          "Teamwork is essential - it gives the Enemy someone else to shoot at"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Wolf
                            Please would people differentiate between Bush haters and US haters.
                            That's right! It's all about Bush. Islam's assault on American values will go away as soon as Kerry gets elected.

                            "Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                            --Frederick II, King of Prussia

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Marko
                              Now take all those countries away that rely on US aid in someway:



                              BIG FAT ZERO.
                              If that were true, the first Gulf War was an unilateral effort. The UK and US bought the Coalition. We looked past human rights violations, endorsed loans, provided aid packages, etc to convince nations to join the Coalition against Iraq. Those who didn't support the effort found themselves isolated. King Hussein of Jordan spoke aboout how the US cut aid to his country when he refused to back the war. A number of people died of starvation.

                              So the US is use to purchasing international support. This is one reason why people like Bush have so little respect for these international bodies.

                              Originally posted by MonsterZero
                              Muslims are highly idealistic people when confronting the United States and accusing it of this and that but then they sell their idealism cheap-they'll trade anything for an American visa. Same thing for US haters from other develping countries.
                              I doubt most of the people who desire visa's are anti-American. We complain about our own government daily, that doesn't mean we hate it. People can hate the policies of a government without hating the country that govern-ment represents. Bush employed that strategy during the war. He made it clear the war was against Saddam, not the Iraqi people.

                              Originally posted by MonsterZero
                              That's right! It's all about Bush. Islam's assault on American values will go away as soon as Kerry gets elected.
                              I don't think Wolf meant it like that. Alot of people saw their opinion as more anti-Bush than anti-American. For example: in France, many people were shocked how offended we became when they expressed their disliking for the President.

                              It is possible to dislike the President, but still look favorably upon the nation. Americans practice this daily. The problem is many people support Bush's policies. Thus, the likelihood of Anti-Bushism being interpreted as anti-Americanism increases.
                              "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X