Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wesley Clark losing his marbles?

Originally posted by Wall Street Journal Opinion Page

The Weekly Standard's David Tell publishes a bizarre Monday speech by Wesley Clark in its entirety, "just so's nobody thinks I'm being unfair." If you think we're being unfair, go to the link; we're just highlighting the paragraph that struck us as oddest:

"I was in one war I came home from on a stretcher with a Silver Star and a Purple Heart. My son was a lieutenant in the Army. I believe in our veterans. I believe in public service. And I led our forces in another war that saved a million and a half people. If you want someone to get us out of a war, you elect a general who's been in a war and knows how little can be accomplished by fighting."

So he "saved a million and a half people" by going to war, and he also "knows how little can be accomplished by fighting"? And he must be awfully ashamed of his son for being a mere lieutenant, like John Kerry.
    Every time Clark opens his mouth things just more and more bizarre...
    Editor-in-Chief
    GameSquad.com

Knowing how little a war can accomplish is not the same as being pacifist. It only means that some wars are worth fighting, others are not. Take WW2 and Vietnam. I'd say Vietnam accomplished nothing, or perhaps was even a step backwards. Not so with WW2.
    Last edited by MikeJ; 30 Jan 04, 17:50.
    "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X